1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

So the exclusive not available to canadians again? Wtf this becoming a trend now for ht?? Unbelievable...

I can't describe how narked and p___ed off I am with thier selection of material for the red part of the suit. Do they do this on purpose :mad:

Yeah, it's puzzling. By far the best costume design to date and HT totally blew the fabric choice. It'll be doubly annoying if Sony decides to change Spidey's suit in ASM3.

Yeah, it's puzzling. By far the best costume design to date and HT totally blew the fabric choice. It'll be doubly annoying if Sony decides to change Spidey's suit in ASM3.

:lol

Exactly. That is my only hope now, that we get the same suit in ASM3 and HT stop arsing around and get s__t right!!!

Would love for a change but I can't see it happening. Have a hunch HT are well into production on the web slinger.

The material isn't exactly perfect, and it bunches/wrinkles a lot in action poses...which I am a little worried will lead to issues down the line. But that said, I love the costume design so I preordered today. I do wish it came with a Peter Parker head.

Guess I'll have to buy one from the ASM1 figure to use

I Love the suit design not happy they changed the material choice ,but will wait when get to complain or not. My main wants for this suit design i grew up reading n seeing in the book's and a BIG Todd Mcfarlane artist SPIDEY fan. I hope they keep this suit design in next movie except hide the webb shooters. As for Sean Long I can't stand him ! I dont know who can stand his reviews and how he gets paid for his crap reviews...Enough about his crappy horrible reviews please lets get back to spidey. I want A Damn DOC OCK or some actual decent spidey villian's like any goblins or a decent venom. I just hope we get a GREAT SINNISTER SIX Group from next Film leading up to our 1/6 sinnister six release's ...

easter eggs video spidey sinnister six video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtvOGiOEtQ

I can't describe how narked and p___ed off I am with thier selection of material for the red part of the suit. Do they do this on purpose :mad:

Unless this is laziness on Hot Toys part, it could very well be a durability issue.

As we'll seen on the ASM and Man of Steel threads, their combination fabric and rubber overlays (to match the embossing looks) on the figures is causing quite a bit of feedback. It's possible Hot Toys has looked into it more and for the sake of making a figure that "lasts", decided this was the better route to go until they devise better methods.

We shall see....

This figure uses exactly the same combo of materials as TASM 1 outfit.
This technically should be ALL fabric. They already did this successfully with Spiderman3?

Would love for a change but I can't see it happening. Have a hunch HT are well into production on the web slinger.

I think your right. :(

I get the feeling this figure will be a lot like the first one with a bunch of people *****ing and moaning about it up to the release and when it comes out most people will probably be satisfied with it. Seems like that's pretty much the cycle with Hot Toys figures in general around these forums.

God, I just read all of those with sean long voice over in my head....

Sean Long really is quite known and disliked here isn't he? :lol

:goodpost: :goodpost: :lol

I wouldn't say I dislike him, I do watch his reciews but his voice is pretty memorable lol

Now that you mention it, I think I should wait for him to review this

Since we're talking about Sean Long, he just got engaged...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

wasn't there some controversy involving him and some underage girl or boy some years ago?

IIRC, it was a prank from someone that didn't like him and I'm not 100% certain that Sean thought the 'girl' was underage.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Costume looks incredible just standing there. In fact I think the vinyl replicates the semi glossy look of the suit in the movie quite well. Only problem is when you crease it it becomes quite obvious that it isn't the right material

The suit doesn't look glossy in the film at all.

I get the feeling this figure will be a lot like the first one with a bunch of people *****ing and moaning about it up to the release and when it comes out most people will probably be satisfied with it. Seems like that's pretty much the cycle with Hot Toys figures in general around these forums.

Weeeeelll, oftentimes people moan about stuff that, once in hand, ceases to be the big deal it appeared to be in promo pics. But in this case, the material is clearly rubbish. I really dig this suit and would've bought this were the material not so bad.

Weeeeelll, oftentimes people moan about stuff that, once in hand, ceases to be the big deal it appeared to be in promo pics. But in this case, the material is clearly rubbish. I really dig this suit and would've bought this were the material not so bad.
The material itself isn't screen accurate but I think people are making it into a bigger issue than it really is to be honest. It looks a lot like what it's supposed to be and probably the same as what was used on the figure from the original The Amazing Spider-Man which turned out pretty good it seems (I don't actually have it) other than some of the breakage issues with some of the early batches. I guess I'm just not that bothered by it.

The material itself isn't screen accurate but I think people are making it into a bigger issue than it really is to be honest. It looks a lot like what it's supposed to be and probably the same as what was used on the figure from the original The Amazing Spider-Man which turned out pretty good it seems (I don't actually have it) other than some of the breakage issues with some of the early batches. I guess I'm just not that bothered by it.

I just think it looks stellar in a neutral pose, but try for a dynamic pose - which Spidey of all figures is going to want to pull off well - and I find the bunching is hard to ignore.

I really hope it's thicker than the asm fig

Exactly how I feel. It's going to look great once in hand. I'm not bothered by the fabric and since it's just a prototype it might change anyway. Just got to wait for final production pieces.

Back