1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

yikes this figure looks terrible

Exactly how I feel. It's going to look great once in hand. I'm not bothered by the fabric and since it's just a prototype it might change anyway. Just got to wait for final production pieces.

People keep saying this, but if they have any hope of meeting their expected release date, I'd guess everything is at a minimum all ready to go, manufacturing wise.

All this guy really needed was the web under the arms...so close!

Weeeeelll, oftentimes people moan about stuff that, once in hand, ceases to be the big deal it appeared to be in promo pics. But in this case, the material is clearly rubbish. I really dig this suit and would've bought this were the material not so bad.

Exactly this. The suit will not look any better in hand, certainly not close enough anyways!

People keep saying this, but if they have any hope of meeting their expected release date, I'd guess everything is at a minimum all ready to go, manufacturing wise.

Exactly! Finally someone else on the right track as me.

Seems everyone else is wilfully ignoring the facts. :lol

I have a strange feeling he is gonna be exactly the same as the first.

:lol

Just AMAZING!
up_7.jpg

this is really ugly. I thought for a second that they were doing a new release of the Raimi spiderman or something, but then I noticed the eyes and my thoughts were... "Ouch, what happened?"

The head is really nice but the cloth is really ugly,

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

I'm just waiting for In hand pictures to see if I'm gonna get this or not. Still hoping for a material change though XD

Lighting probably making it shine too much. But overall I think it looks great. Price sucks and not very thrilled with the accessories.

I still think it looks great anyway. Profile wise looks awesome. And lighting could be making it shine more. Have to wait and see once final product is shown.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Im not gonna lie, I do think this fig looks great and I will get this. My only concern is the price, I feel it's $20 over even with the stand. If the price increase is due to the accessories, I wouldve prefered they didnt even borher with them

Im not gonna lie, I do think this fig looks great and I will get this. My only concern is the price, I feel it's $20 over even with the stand. If the price increase is due to the accessories, I wouldve prefered they didnt even borher with them

The price is $230 because thats what HT wanted it to be, the accessories had nothing to do with it. Look at the Barney Ross figure which comes with loads of accessories and a whole other outfit, and thats about 30 dollars cheaper than this.

The price is $230 because thats what HT wanted it to be, the accessories had nothing to do with it. Look at the Barney Ross figure which comes with loads of accessories and a whole other outfit, and thats about 30 dollars cheaper than this.

It is kind of obvious HT made it that way it's their product. Prices should be determined on how much work they put into it and how much customers are willing to pay for profits.

I'm saying if they lost the extras and make this $180~$200, cutting out their "work" I would have a PO right now.

I pre-ordered this just in case it pre-sells out like Cap. Hope they make a Parker figure too.

The most expensive accessory by far is the stand. I don't believe the bullhorn, backpack, scarf, toque and vest even added $5.00 (all this stuff should be dirt cheap for HT to manufacture). Seems to me people that are not happy with the price tend to overestimate how much the accessories added to the cost. One could always sell them on e.Bay, afterwards, too. Bet you'd get $30.00 easy for all of them (excluding stand).

Back