1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the look with the hat and scarf, it's awesome so I'm happy this is coming out, don't get all the hate, same for the movie, I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the movie again, I realize how amazing (pun intended) the suit on this figure would be if it were exactly like the one in the movie.

If the previous Spiderman 3 spidey figure release is anything to go by, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that HT will revamp the suit on this one before release.

HT Spidey 3 proto:
Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-3-p-1.jpg

Actual product:
5897399899_39a5a204cc_b.jpg

In the case of Man of Steel Superman, they'd also managed to transform him within 6 months, from Fatman at the proto stage, to the more recognizable character we saw on the giant screen. :yess:

If the previous Spiderman 3 spidey figure release is anything to go by, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that HT will revamp the suit on this one before release.

HT Spidey 3 proto:
View attachment 128061

Actual product:
View attachment 128062

In the case of Man of Steel Superman, they'd also managed to transform him within 6 months, from Fatman at the proto stage, to the more recognizable character we saw on the giant screen. :yess:

:goodpost::exactly:

To be fair even SM3 Spidey's suit material in the movie was different from HT's eventual SM3 Spidey. The ASM 1 Spidey's material seems good for posing according to the pics I have seen. I prefer that than SM3's cloth as I had SM3 Spidey and always feared posing him in extreme positions which is a must for this character.

I'd have to disagree. The cloth used for SM3 is easiest to pose without damage to the suit. The ASM material is a vinyl or plastic which means extreme poses can be achieved but the wrinkles it leaves when going back to a neutral position take a while to undo. They do eventually go back to normal and disappear but take a while. I fear leaving it in an extreme pose for long periods of time make create permanent wrinkles in the suit. There is no danger of that whatsoever on the SM3 figure.

I'd have to disagree. The cloth used for SM3 is easiest to pose without damage to the suit. The ASM material is a vinyl or plastic which means extreme poses can be achieved but the wrinkles it leaves when going back to a neutral position take a while to undo. They do eventually go back to normal and disappear but take a while. I fear leaving it in an extreme pose for long periods of time make create permanent wrinkles in the suit. There is no danger of that whatsoever on the SM3 figure.

True to a certain extent but SM3 spidey can't be posed with his legs wide open for long. Maybe it's just me but I fear the stitching breaking and the cloth material is kinda fragile. I poked a hole in the wrist when putting the web in. I've never had the new spideys so I wont know if its good but I have seen more extreme poses than with the SM3.

HT Spidey 3 proto:
View attachment 128061

Actual product:
View attachment 128062

sorry but that is a terrible example... the only difference is the tone of the silver webs (which could be attributed to harsh light in the first pic) other wise Proto -> release was the exact same...

Other than the webbing colour, the boots were changed as well. I think they used to actually be like plastic boots (separate slip on piece) on the proto, but then they were made as part of the fabric suit later on. A brilliant choice. It's not perfect, but I really like how seamless that figure is. Not sure if HT will ever attempt that again.

True to a certain extent but SM3 spidey can't be posed with his legs wide open for long. Maybe it's just me but I fear the stitching breaking and the cloth material is kinda fragile. I poked a hole in the wrist when putting the web in. I've never had the new spideys so I wont know if its good but I have seen more extreme poses than with the SM3.

It actually has more to do with the body they use rather than the suit. The SM3 body is a bit more bulky so the appendages seem to not be able to pose extremely because they bump into the body that has more of a super hero physique. The ASM body is close to being a True Type slim but a bit modified so it's articulation can be much more extreme because of the thinner appendages.

I hear what your saying about the suit around the legs and crotch area but I've found that if you push the fabric in toward the crotch it stretches just fine and can give a much better extreme pose. I thought that it would rip at first as well till I tested my theory. The fabric was meant to stretch and even though that really strong seam across the thighs inhibits posing initially, you only need to know how to manipulate the fabric to get the pose you want.

Just saw the movie...
It was good, just hated the corny song choices.

This figure looks great too, easy buy for me.

sorry but that is a terrible example... the only difference is the tone of the silver webs (which could be attributed to harsh light in the first pic) other wise Proto -> release was the exact same...

Point is in those instances, HT did bother to change what many deemed as inaccuracies in the figure, so there's still some hope they might do likewise for the ASM Spidey final product.

Finally watched the movie and I liked it a lot. Threw down a waitlist for this one. Hopefully it converts since its eems people are really divided with it so far

Are we looking at 2 Peter Parker spiderman figures one from each movie? Those idiots should have made this figure at least with a removable head even if they did not want to include a second head sculpt since they are now releasing a peter parker in civilian cloths. Anyone catch that they amazing spiderman 1 figure is has a name tag spiderman evolution whats that about.

I

Ah, so glad I was able to find this part of the thread again. What picture is this that you're talking about? Is this comic Spidey figure definitely happening? I already want one. Especially if he has the webs under the arms. :pray:

Just watched the movie for the first time and it was just "meh". A couple good parts but mostly I had to stop myself from fast-forwarding. Hated Electro and Green Goblin, and Rhino was ridiculous. I loved the new suit though. It's amazing that they used the yellow eyes in the first one--the white stands out so much better. I'm keeping my PO for the figure regardless of what I think about the movie. I want a good red and blue Spider-Man and this one looks great.

I've seen it three times and have really enjoyed it each time. The last time was on a flight about a week ago.

I watched the 2002 movie two days ago and was pleasantly surprised to find that I loved it. I'd seen it many times before and know it well, but I guess I forgot how good it actually is. Maybe I've just heard too many people complain about it for too long. I don't know what it is...I really love the first Amazing film, but the second one, while enjoyable, is by far the worst. I mean, even worse than 3. And with the news about the third Amazing film being postponed until 2018, and with Andrew pretty much saying he's not going to extend his contract past it (if it even ends up happening at all)...I've really come to terms with the Amazing films being done. At this point, I just want them to sell it back to Marvel so there's a glimmer of hope of him getting in on this Marvel cinematic universe going on.

But anyway...

Back