Serenity 1:250 Scale Cutaway Replica from QMx

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome fellow browncoat :hi5: better late then never. I wish this was coming out sooner :impatient:

thank you!
Have now finished the series.

Considered the Big Damn Replica and read a few threads on this site and others ..... I won't start up the arguments here again :D

I think this cutaway replica is an easy buy for me.

....although I thought the cargo bay would be the single most important area. Should be able to lift up pieces to see that underneath.

Got mine yesterday, but the fins in the rear underside were damaged and QMx is replacing it for me. I did get a chance to look it over good, and was greatly surprised as to the quality of the painting and in the model itself. The seams where the lift off sections join the body are very hard to see. I had to look real close to find the seam to remove the crews lounge cover as well as the piece that covers the cockpit.

I love this model, and felt very bad to have to send in back. I'm sure those of you that have this coming are going to be very happy with your purchase.

Old Grancpa

WOW!!! QMX I is both reliable and fast. Got home from sending the damaged Firefly out via FedEx and found my replacement Firefly on my front porch waiting for me. This one is perfect in everyway. Still greatly impressed by the detail and quality in workmanship. This sucker is a must for any Browncoat. It's as close as I'll ever get to being on the Bridge of Serenity, or sitting in the lounge with the Captain and crew.

Love this model

Old Grandpa

WOW!!! QMX I is both reliable and fast. Got home from sending the damaged Firefly out via FedEx and found my replacement Firefly on my front porch waiting for me. This one is perfect in everyway. Still greatly impressed by the detail and quality in workmanship. This sucker is a must for any Browncoat. It's as close as I'll ever get to being on the Bridge of Serenity, or sitting in the lounge with the Captain and crew.

Love this model

Old Grandpa

Hah, good to hear.

Congrats grampa! Hey I'm in the same boat as darthviper and had to postpone this purchase, I really had hoped to see some reviews and pictures by now and can't seem to find anything. If you or anybody else that has this could please post a review or at least some pics that would be awesome. I would love to see a side by side comparison with the maquette for size comparison, thanks.

Does anyone have any pictures of this piece in hand, preferably next to something for scale comparison?

​I went to a friend's shop in town and he has one on display. It's pretty awesome, I have to admit.

I got one for Christmas, it's a pretty good size. The only problems I have are on the engines, you have to put them on and they don't go in as far as they should, and the support piston thing underneath is also a separate piece which doesn't stay in and can't reach the engine since the engine doesn't go in far enough.

Somebody please do a review of this with pics or post a video review on YouTube. Right now it's like this thing doesn't exist. I havnt found any in hand pics and I really want to see how the quality turned out.

Yea I agree. Where are all the pictures?

Your wish is my command.

IMG_5683_zpsujpjbohh.jpg

IMG_5684_zpseonhshiw.jpg

IMG_5687_zps3v41xwnv.jpg

IMG_5688_zpsxcbsnx9m.jpg

IMG_5690_zpszorwms4h.jpg

IMG_5691_zpskhmqtus1.jpg

IMG_5692_zpsgx9cfcda.jpg

This last pic I just want to know if there's something wrong with mine. I feel this round thing that goes around the tail is not that round...I am wondering if it's a defect or if it's normal.

IMG_5693_zpstbhlfi2o.jpg

Here's the picture from the back of mine, it looks like yours goes a bit to the left, though it might just be the angle.
ser_back.jpg

Here's also a comparison to the smaller one, this is about twice as big.
ser_comparison.jpg

I talked to QMX and they said it's misaligned. Working with them and the Ebay seller to get an exchange. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks for the pics guys, that's exactly what I wanted to see, I like the paint on the maquette better myself but the size and interior detail are awesome on this, definately gonna have to pick one up.

Back