QMX Serenity Hull Art Artesian Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendlySamurai

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thing is pretty wicked, i do want but dunno if i can swing it atm :(

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

For fans of Joss Whedon's beloved Western, sci-fi series Firefly, here's your chance to embrace a very special part of the spacecraft Serenity.
Focusing on the section of the fuselage with the name and logo of the ship, we've created a striking, screen-accurate metal replica suitable for hanging on your favorite wall. Our Serenity Hull Art Artisan Replica is:
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum.
Painted with aircraft-grade primer and paint.
Weathered and includes debris-strike effects created using a water-based wash.
Sealed in clearcoat.
1:3 scale

https://qmxonline.com/products/sere...292380993&mc_cid=526c496b98&mc_eid=541417490e

Doh, forgot to post the link- fixed. Yeah $400 stings a bit- goes up for preorder Monday so I have the weekend to kick it around and let it nag at me :lol

I like it but I don't know what I would do with it. My walls are already covered enough.

They're really grasping for things to sell. Not worth $400, and it's not even accurate to the area of the ship it's supposed to be from.

Theyre calling it screen accurate but its obviously not from these-

image.jpg
image.jpg

Do you know if the panels differ from the show/movie? Id look myself but Im out of town. Other than the obvious the rest is pretty close, its a little more square than it should be and the rivets different- minor stuff Id overlook. If they dont sell out of them I might try to pick one up next black friday, i dont think theyre grasping its a pretty awesome idea and looks good, but I dont see better ones ever coming to market.

Hold up... Just found this one-

image.jpg

This looks much closer- Has Serenity in black under the logo, the chinese looks white but also maybe with some black, hard to tell on my phone. Im thinking the logo may have changed for the movie, Im unable to check atm.

Having a look through my Serenity Blueprints reference pack (all be it, from QMx) the page with all of the Serenity insignia's have one titled "Original Serenity Insignia (2514)" which looks almost exactly the same as this replica. Only difference is that the china text has a fairly heavy black outline. Other then that, it looks the same.

No idea if it was actually shown/used on screen tho.

The logo in the TV show is different from the movie, the logo isn't the problem (though they could stand to weather it up a bit). The rest of that panel is the same as the movie version, no rivets and then it's got a round light in the corner instead of a blocky one.

Lol, looks like they just corrected the pics on the site and added some options- they put a black border around the white chinese letters and added an option to get the Serenity version instead-

image.jpg
image.jpg

These look better, Im kind of partial to the Firefly version- the panel is still off but to me thats kind of minor- its 1/3 scale, it will never be like an actual piece from the ship anyway. still 399 is a little more than id like to shell out. Id feel better around 2-3

For maybe $150 it's OK, but not $400. And they should still get it right, especially since they have the digital files of the ship and know exactly what it's supposed to look like.

The Serenity version looks better in my opinion, but overall it just looks like a decal stuck on some metal. Shouldn't be $400.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back