Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say, I think it would be in HT's best interest to release, at the very least, a Romero Joker, for the simple fact that doing so could provide them with a way to get rid of some of their West back stock a lá Reeve Superman. We've joked about "Surf's Up" Batman, but, seriously, how much R&D for a surf board and some shorts? People love exclusives. Just the word gets them going, so, if they did a Romero Joker, you'd get the initial rush of customers, and then you could do a two-pack further down the line.

I must say, I think it would be in HT's best interest to release, at the very least, a Romero Joker, for the simple fact that doing so could provide them with a way to get rid of some of their West back stock a lá Reeve Superman. We've joked about "Surf's Up" Batman, but, seriously, how much R&D for a surf board and some shorts? People love exclusives. Just the word gets them going, so, if they did a Romero Joker, you'd get the initial rush of customers, and then you could do a two-pack further down the line.
Exactly. There are many ways that HT can be creative and renew interest in Batman and Robin. The Batmobile is a must, at least for me, if they want me to continue to spend my money with them. I'm losing confidence in their ability to follow through on what they said they were going to do. At the very least, I expect a level of professionalism, good communication, and honesty.

I purchased the Batman and Robin figures because I was going to display them with the Batmobile. By them selves, without the Batmobile, I would not have purchased these figures. Its not that I don't love the characters, I do, but without the Batmobile, they would not have been a priority for me.

Not in this hobby:lol

That's not altogether true. You can't expect a company to make something that they will lose money on. It's just bad business. Just because they show a prototype that doesn't obligate them to follow through and release the product.

Joker does seem like the logical choice. While the '66 version is not as "edgy" as the newer versions, Joker figures do tend to sell. Catwoman would also be a strong seller. I could see Penguin and Riddler underperforming a bit, even though I personally really want them.

That's not altogether true. You can't expect a company to make something that they will lose money on. It's just bad business. Just because they show a prototype that doesn't obligate them to follow through and release the product.

I don't think anybody expects a company to make an item that they will lose money on, but I think most of us can agree that their communication about the status of the item has not been in good faith. They could easily tell us one way or the other what their intentions are.

I'd rather have Riddler than Joker. Riddler was the most iconic to me.

That way, if he was made and no others, atleast we could say we had a good representation of the very first episode with Batman, Robin and the Riddler. Not to mention the other villains have been covered from other film interpretations while Riddler hasn't.

Other companies do it all the time. They take a loss on one item to get people into the store/website, just to show off what they can do, or to get people hooked on a particular line so they want to keep getting more. Not that it matters anyway as they will sell plenty of them. They may have to raise the price a bit to ensure a good quality product and packaging, but it better be worth it. That or give an explanation why, plenty of people picked up the figs expecting the car too.

What happened there? Did it not sell well? Thanks.

Other companies do it all the time. They take a loss on one item to get people into the store/website, just to show off what they can do, or to get people hooked on a particular line so they want to keep getting more. Not that it matters anyway as they will sell plenty of them. They may have to raise the price a bit to ensure a good quality product and packaging, but it better be worth it. That or give an explanation why, plenty of people picked up the figs expecting the car too.

Yup! It's called a Loss Leader...and what a Loss Leader it would be!

They've got at least anecdotal evidence that it would work. At SDCC, when that car was revealed, it seemed to garner a crap ton of attention from lots of attendees that passed by. It kept a crowd around it the entire show. When they debuted the figures with the car, same thing.

I think they should really just go for it.

I don't think anybody expects a company to make an item that they will lose money on, but I think most of us can agree that their communication about the status of the item has not been in good faith. They could easily tell us one way or the other what their intentions are.

It's almost as if they're holding the '66 Batmobile hostage. "Buy out the rest of our '66 Batmen and Robins or you'll never see her again! MUAH! MUAH! MUUAAAHHH!!!"

Could they be waiting until the blu-ray release to get more interest?

I can't see the 1/12 bat selling well and they still made it

Last edited:
Back