Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the rumors that Newmar approved her likeness for the hot toys figure a while back?

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Gonna play Devil's advocate.

Assuming iron man is a cash cow... They're a business. Milk it until people stop buying.

Bttf: it's a niche. You sell mcfly,
The delorean, maybe a Doc
brown... You only have a few
Other figures to sell and the license is done and we're talking variants only. I don't think Biff
gets his own figure.

Batman is not restricted to hot toys. They are higher end and it costs them MORE money to address issues, complaints, tweaks, and have to take a different approach to their quality and product line. They have a strong possibility with the 66 license as you have numerous villains, from the majors to the goofballs. They know how important the car is. Every batman movie always asks about the batmobile and 66 is no different. They want a home run on this, and a one-shot at that. If they want to tweak it, I can see why, and maybe to them more reason to add to its unit price because of the R&D involved until someone there says enough is enough.

It will be available for shipment in late 2016. Pre-orders will probably go up between 4Q2014 or in 2015.

I don't know Back to the Future is pretty popular and this is really the first time figures have been made from the trilogy at all. We've mostly seen various versions of the DeLorean made but nothing else so the fans may be pretty hungry for whatever is put out. Plus I think the trilogy has sort of transcended time and is loved by more than just the generation who grew up when it was originally released. I could easily see Marty and Doc from each film getting made. I could also see Biff possibly from all three films as a possibility but my guess is those characters are all that will be made. I'm not sure about other versions of the DeLorean just because I don't think many people will want to drop the amount of money Hot Toys is asking more than once.

i absolutely cannot believe that the 1/6 delorean will sell better than a 1/6 batmobile-any batmobile. let alone the most beloved version ever which is what the 66 is.

im sure hot toys wants the 66 batmobile perfect, thats all that is delaying this. other figures who knows? but im betting a cesar romeo joker would outsell marty mcfly twice over.

I fear the Delorean is going to be a weak seller, further souring HT on producing vehicles. I hope we can get the '66, but something smells fishy with all of these delays.

There is talk this has been cancelled because mattel own's the master licence so no other company can produce a 66 batmobile with rolling wheels.

That's the kind of contractual nonsense that makes sense in an insane world. HT could just make the wheels fixed.

Hold up - I have a Mezco '66 Batmobile with rolling wheels. Myth busted.

Figures Toy Company certainly doesn't have the "rolling wheel" license, that's for sure. They've been asking fans if they would buy a Mego repro Batmobile, but without rolling wheels. Mezco's Mez-Itz '66 Batmobile has wheels that roll, however, so Mattel's not the only one allowed to do it. While I could see that theory having some weight behind it, I doubt Hot Toys would go all the way to the prototype stage, knowing what their contract states.

Isn't FTC license through Mattel?

I doubt HT's license would fall under Mattel's master license. I believe FTC's DC retro mego license is sub-licensed through Mattel. Mattels 1/6 scale DC license was specific to certain movies.

I have a hard time believing that the demand isn't there - this is an iconic, beloved car that would be bought by lots of collectors outside the normal Hot Toys market. While it's possible that demand is the issue (or that Hot Toys perception of demand is the issue), I would guess it's the paint job.

They have to be able to produce a very high gloss black paint job on plastic, and do it cost effectively and in a production environment. Perhaps this has been a challenge greater than they can manage.

If anything, they could just do a limited edition release so the people who do want it could get it and they don't have to worry about a surplus.

I'm just happy they're making a '66 Batgirl. To me, that completes the main cast for the series. I'm really hoping Hot Toys finds a way to do the same.

Huh? Where'd you hear they're doing Batgirl? That would have been something I'd have put on the front page and yelled from the highest mountaintop!

I have a hard time believing that the demand isn't there - this is an iconic, beloved car that would be bought by lots of collectors outside the normal Hot Toys market. While it's possible that demand is the issue (or that Hot Toys perception of demand is the issue), I would guess it's the paint job.

They have to be able to produce a very high gloss black paint job on plastic, and do it cost effectively and in a production environment. Perhaps this has been a challenge greater than they can manage.

They could always do the fuzz version...

Back