The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Webb may be OUT...Sony is going to trash what they have done and try again as pathetic as that sounds...

They did that with SM3 because the cast were leaving. With this Andrew loves playing the character and will remain for the third.

Just because they rebooted once doesn't mean they are prone to do it. The studios to do the most Marvel Reboots are Lionsgate and Marvel Studios.

Published July 23, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Holy ****, Sony Actually Gave SINISTER SIX A Release Date

And they're still making THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3!

Big news pre-Comic-Con: Sony has announced Sinister Six for November 11, 2016. Every indication on this film in the last few weeks showed that it was dead, or dying, and yet here we are: with a release date two years hence. A November release date that attempts to pick up the Hunger Games slack, I'd guess? Maybe this is a subtle hint that Black Cat leads the film.

Meanwhile The Amazing Spider-Man 3 has been pushed back two years to May 4th, 2018, a slot that probably puts it right ahead of either Star Wars Episode VIII or one of the Star Wars spin-offs. That two year delay is a sure sign that Sony knows the series is broken as hell, and they're going to take time to fix it. Might we see Marc Webb move on between now and the end of the decade? For his sake I hope so.

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Sony is very high on Drew Goddard's concept for Sinister Six, but it doesn't say how the film will fit into the Spider-verse in terms of continuity. Will Spider-Man appear? Will the villains get origins (as almost none of them have been introduced in the movies yet)? It seems weird for the villain movie to come out before the villains show up in the cinematic universe, but hey, Sony's been doing this reboot on their own (bad) terms all along.

I trust Goddard. Here's hoping this works out for him.

SOURCE: HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

I loved ASM2. Was it the best summer movie? No. But it entertained me and I liked the cast. The Spider-Man scenes were great and I'd take Garfield's Parker and Gwen over Kick-Ass and Olsen in Godzilla. And I liked Godzilla. Were either the best summer movies? No.

But both get a lot of hate thrown there way and I don't think either of them are that bad. Daredevil? Elektra? Spider-Man 3? Blade 3? X-Men 3? Punisher 2? Ghost Rider 1 or 2? Fine...they deserve it. But ASM2 is nowhere near anything that bad, imo.

But it has been outgunned by better-made summer flicks. I don't mean that as in insult. X-Men probably only has two great films in the entire franchise. Spider-Man has one. Even Marvel themselves have dropped the ball with their own projects...Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, I didn't think Captain america the First Avenger was that good, and hatred Iron Man 3. Thor 2 was great times and then awful at times.

The more time I've had to 'process' this movie, the more I realize just how God AWFUL it truly was. Most of that is due to how unbelievable and dumb (looking) Electro was. Just awful. No thought went into that character. Everything about him was half baked. That said, I love the Peter/Gwen moments, but they can't cover over how bad the badguy(s) were.

I loved ASM2. Was it the best summer movie? No. But it entertained me and I liked the cast. The Spider-Man scenes were great and I'd take Garfield's Parker and Gwen over Kick-Ass and Olsen in Godzilla. And I liked Godzilla. Were either the best summer movies? No.

But both get a lot of hate thrown there way and I don't think either of them are that bad. Daredevil? Elektra? Spider-Man 3? Blade 3? X-Men 3? Punisher 2? Ghost Rider 1 or 2? Fine...they deserve it. But ASM2 is nowhere near anything that bad, imo.

But it has been outgunned by better-made summer flicks. I don't mean that as in insult. X-Men probably only has two great films in the entire franchise. Spider-Man has one. Even Marvel themselves have dropped the ball with their own projects...Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, I didn't think Captain america the First Avenger was that good, and hatred Iron Man 3. Thor 2 was great times and then awful at times.

I personally think people expect alot more from a Spider-man movie than most of the ones you listed, kind of like we expect more from Batman and Superman. Those three are not graded on the same level as the rest of the comic films simply because those are probably the only tier one characters the GA really cares about. Everything else just needs to be a fun ride but Spider-man, Batman, and Superman are expected to be alot better than everything else and recently, especially Spider-man has not been.

Yea now people wanna act like spiderman movies are the worst things ever including raimi. Iron man had one ****ing good movie, I dont care how much the 3rd movie made it sucked. Sony needs to just get rid of this STUPID parent crap, have him be a young adult working steady for the bulgle and is well into his years as spiderman. Thats how you do a universe by already establishing it exist. not creating it out of thin air. Whatever man. I liked this movie though, and I feel its definately not like batman and robin like people claim to be. Batman and robin was a mess

The more time I've had to 'process' this movie, the more I realize just how God AWFUL it truly was. Most of that is due to how unbelievable and dumb (looking) Electro was. Just awful. No thought went into that character. Everything about him was half baked. That said, I love the Peter/Gwen moments, but they can't cover over how bad the badguy(s) were.

I said it was a 0/10 film myself. Pure crap.

I personally think people expect alot more from a Spider-man movie than most of the ones you listed, kind of like we expect more from Batman and Superman. Those three are not graded on the same level as the rest of the comic films simply because those are probably the only tier one characters the GA really cares about. Everything else just needs to be a fun ride but Spider-man, Batman, and Superman are expected to be alot better than everything else and recently, especially Spider-man has not been.

You are right. For me, it has to do with knowing Spider-Man's history/origin and his villains' history/origins inside and out. So, if a movie wants to change that, it better have a damn good reason, or it's bound to be at least a slight disappointment because I love the Spider-Man mythos.

X-Men movies are kind of the same for me, but not on the same level.

I follow comics a lot, but I don't claim to know the history of characters like Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow...so in these movies, I am just better able to enjoy the movie for what it is.

Yea now people wanna act like spiderman movies are the worst things ever including raimi. Iron man had one ****ing good movie, I dont care how much the 3rd movie made it sucked. Sony needs to just get rid of this STUPID parent crap, have him be a young adult working steady for the bulgle and is well into his years as spiderman. Thats how you do a universe by already establishing it exist. not creating it out of thin air. Whatever man. I liked this movie though, and I feel its definately not like batman and robin like people claim to be. Batman and robin was a mess

:goodpost:

Yeah, I can go along with this. :lol

why does this thread keep on going?

Last edited:
Back