The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Yeah, but ASM2 doesn't just have 3 seconds of bad tings, it's got approx. 8,520 seconds of bad tings.

I think Khev is just high on that 3D Blu ray right now, give it a week and he’ll wake up and realize what he’s saying. :lol

Yeah, but ASM2 doesn't just have 3 seconds of bad tings, it's got approx. 8,520 seconds of bad tings.

Nope. Just a friendship that materializes out of the blue and some unnecessary parent stuff. The good far outweighs the bad. It's not *great* throughout by any stretch, but its just good enough that it keeps things together long enough to string together some awesome Spidey moments and then a finale that is both sad and uplifting at the same time. People carry on like this is Batman & Robin or something and that's just silly. It suffers from comparison to the other great cbm's this year but that's really it.

I think Khev is just high on that 3D Blu ray right now, give it a week and he’ll wake up and realize what he’s saying. :lol

Once Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy come out on home video, he'll see the error of his ways.

Honestly, I'm surprised this got bumped back up because of the blu-Ray. I actually forgot all about it with all the superior comic book films that came out this season (can anyone argue that ASM2 is up there with the likes of Cap 2? Or DOFP? Or friggin' Guardians? I think not). For some reason I thought it came out in 2013 when it was only 4 months ago!

Nope. Just a friendship that materializes out of the blue and some unnecessary parent stuff. The good far outweighs the bad.

I'll give you that what was right, was great, but I'm more on the side of the fence that it was like a 50/50 split, and it really pissed me off cause they had the bones to make it so much more. Definitely not something I'm not gonna watch again, but it didn't do what was needed to make it my goto Spidey flick. :(

Once Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy come out on home video, he'll see the error of his ways.

Honestly, I'm surprised this got bumped back up because of the blu-Ray. I actually forgot all about it with all the superior comic book films that came out this season (can anyone argue that ASM2 is up there with the likes of Cap 2? Or DOFP? Or friggin' Guardians? I think not). For some reason I thought it came out in 2013 when it was only 4 months ago!

All 3 of those hit strides for totally different reasons and each triumphed as a CBM even though they were all totally different. Each had their 'groove' and that's what I think ASM2 failed to do. It just never hit it's pace. Some awesome scenes, but the overall just wasn't up to it.

I'll give you that what was right, was great, but I'm more on the side of the fence that it was like a 50/50 split, and it really pissed me off cause they had the bones to make it so much more. Definitely not something I'm not gonna watch again, but it didn't do what was needed to make it my goto Spidey flick. :(

The good was great! And then came the title sequence and everything that followed after was crap. :lol

Honestly, I'm surprised this got bumped back up because of the blu-Ray. I actually forgot all about it with all the superior comic book films that came out this season. For some reason I thought it came out in 2013 when it was only 4 months ago!

Yea, I didn’t really see much promotion for the blu ray either, they rushed that bad boy out quick.

All 3 of those hit strides for totally different reasons and each triumphed as a CBM even though they were all totally different. Each had their 'groove' and that's what I think ASM2 failed to do. It just never hit it's pace. Some awesome scenes, but the overall just wasn't up to it.

I'll agree with that. TWS, DOFP, and GOTG all totally succeeded at being what they wanted to be and either ASM2 wasn't sure of its identity or it did know what it wanted to be and just greatly fluctuated on the execution throughout. But as I've said before its a baby/bathwater situation and I find it to be the rare heavily flawed movie that still succeeds in spite of them.

I'll agree with that. TWS, DOFP, and GOTG all totally succeeded at being what they wanted to be and either ASM2 wasn't sure of its identity or it did know what it wanted to be and just greatly fluctuated on the execution throughout. But as I've said before its a baby/bathwater situation and I find it to be the rare heavily flawed movie that still succeeds in spite of them.

See, I can take that mentality and easily apply it to DoFP because while the total design aspect of the movie was garbage, at the heart, the characters were still there. ASM2 was so far removed from what it should've been, that even a perfect suit and perfect webslinging intro couldn't salvage it. I even thought for a brief moment during the title sequence that I'd be eating a ****load of crow for everything I said about it before it's release, but then it lived up to the disappointment we knew it was gonna be.

Back