Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was almost like Zack Snyder has a sick and twisted fantasy of how he thinks women should be treated...and it isn't nice.
Pardon my bluntness here, but if you really believe the tripe you just typed then you are a god damned buffoon.

Seriously, this site is just getting dumber by the day.

Okay, I can accept that, but is the movie suitable for a young boy and is it good enough for an adult to enjoy. That right there is the problem, because it fails to find the targeted audience...which seems to be the 14 year old kid at heart adults, because there aren't too many out there.

I wouldn't say the movie is suitable for a young boy. I think it's basically a fourteen-year-old boy's wet dream. We're all basically idiot machines driven entirely by the id at that point. The thoughtfulness of childhood has gone and the intelligence of adulthood has yet to arrive. Boobs, monsters, explosions and no semblance of intelligence anywhere makes Sucker Punch the definitive cinematic exemplar of that age.

Frankly I'm a little embarrassed by the thought that anyone who can drive thinks it's a movie worth spending money on, but judging by Rotten Tomatoes and the box office perhaps it's a more common reaction than I'd feared. :)

IrishJedi, you're def one of smartest dudes on this forum & I always like checking out your "takes" on various topics. Of course, on this movie we'll just have to agree to disagree, but that's cool, it'd be too weird if we were sympatico on everything.

Anywho, given your close proximity to this project, can we expect an unrated, director's cut version of this sometime, or do you have anything to add or comment on whether Synder's original vision was compromised by the studio in anyway? (i.e. the more 'Moulin Rouge' approach that seemed to be abandoned at some point.)

As they might say in Starz' fun, guilty-pleasure, Synder-esque series Spartacus, "Gratitude."

It's not even worth the time engaging these brain-numbed twats on this subject anymore.

:lol

shaun+of+the+dead+david.png

Or - if we can hop on the crazy train for a moment - she could have just worn normal clothes.

Because normal screams glory.

I wouldn't say the movie is suitable for a young boy. I think it's basically a fourteen-year-old boy's wet dream. We're all basically idiot machines driven entirely by the id at that point. The thoughtfulness of childhood has gone and the intelligence of adulthood has yet to arrive. Boobs, monsters, explosions and no semblance of intelligence anywhere makes Sucker Punch the definitive cinematic exemplar of that age.

Frankly I'm a little embarrassed by the thought that anyone who can drive thinks it's a movie worth spending money on, but judging by Rotten Tomatoes and the box office perhaps it's a more common reaction than I'd feared. :)

......:exactly:

Does nobody in this thread know what that word means? :dunno

Yes. It means people like you attempt to frame your opinions by harping on trivial minutiae like what a character is wearing while flying backwards through the air shooting an imaginary dragon.

I was going with the first definition on account of references that would be obscure to a general audience (because I had no idea who Sylvia Pankhurst was; still don't).

But yeah, that works too.

pe·dan·tic [puh-dan-tik]

–adjective
ostentatious in one's learning.

overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching

IrishJedi, you're def one of smartest dudes on this forum & I always like checking out your "takes" on various topics. Of course, on this movie we'll just have to agree to disagree, but that's cool, it'd be too weird if we were sympatico on everything.

Anywho, given your close proximity to this project, can we expect an unrated, director's cut version of this sometime, or do you have anything to add or comment on whether Synder's original vision was compromised by the studio in anyway? (i.e. the more 'Moulin Rouge' approach that seemed to be abandoned at some point.)

As they might say in Starz' fun, guilty-pleasure, Synder-esque series Spartacus, "Gratitude."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of Director's Cut on DVD/Blu-ray, but I honestly don't have any insight to what that cut is at this point.

I was going with the first definition on account of references that would be obscure to a general audience (because I had no idea who Sylvia Pankhurst was; still don't).

Sylvia Pankhurst is obscure? We learned about her in junior high! :monkey1

Sylvia Pankhurst is obscure? We learned about her in junior high! :monkey1

Are you British? We mostly just got beaten with the Jane Addams stick.

Perhaps not the way underage Japanese school uniforms do.

Which is based on a military uniform, but the real point is that she it rendered her exceptionally sexually attractive while thwarting that which presumed to take her virginity by force.

I learned about Pankhurst around the same time I was learning about Keller. I believe it was 8th grade maybe. I vaguely remember her. Something about sufferage I believe.

Back