Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression that the girls were getting raped by Blue and perhaps some other asylum workers. I mean why have that whole fantasy of them basically being strippers and taking the "clients" back to that bedroom and Blue being some type of pimp.

Why would Babydoll have that type of fantasy if it wasn't somehow a reflection of what was really going on? So it's not actually shown - but it is implied.

:goodpost: Well Said and agreed.

That's what I thought. What's implied is in the past (albeit relatively recent), and each attempt is halted by violence, committed by the hero.

There is no way you can combine the sex trade industry of human trafficking (forced prostitution), plus video game scripting and expect to see a thought provoking movie. I'm sure you guys are smart enough to figure it out, but the movie was dumb. It was so dumb that I watched the entire movie, because I was lured in by Babydoll's hotness. Multipy that by 5 or 6 of the other girls in the movie and the thousands of fanboys who were intrigued by the "action" and you can see how this movie can quickly gain some interest.

For me it was mindless fun, but I really should have gone jogging instead. Without spoiling anything, if you want to get an idea of how this movie was pieced together, it's like recording my day, but every time I take a piss, you'd witness a dream sequence of what I would do if the wiener in my hand was the Sword of Omens. Pussycats...Hoe!!!

There is no way you can combine the sex trade industry of human trafficking (forced prostitution), plus video game scripting and expect to see a thought provoking movie. I'm sure you guys are smart enough to figure it out, but the movie was dumb. It was so dumb that I watched the entire movie, because I was lured in by Babydoll's hotness. Multipy that by 5 or 6 of the other girls in the movie and the thousands of fanboys who were intrigued by the "action" and you can see how this movie can quickly gain some interest.

For me it was mindless fun, but I really should have gone jogging instead. Without spoiling anything, if you want to get an idea of how this movie was pieced together, it's like recording my day, but every time I take a piss, you'd witness a dream sequence of what I would do if the wiener in my hand was the Sword of Omens. Pussycats...Hoe!!!

The sad thing is you probably think your post was witty and funny. :cuckoo:

The sad thing is you probably think your post was witty and funny. :cuckoo:

By the way, since I'm not sure if you understood the movie, I was poking fun at the fact that the movie was sexual in nature, but was covered up by meaningless action scenes. It was like two stories going on at once, but they were completely unrelated to each other. So one was real, the other fantasy and the whole film was a mess to cash in on sexy women and the mistreatment of them. Take away the women and replace them with dogs, and you’d have PETA boycotting this movie. I still think the movie was okay and worthy of a discussion and possibly a statue or two, so I’m not out to just bash it either.

...the whole film was a mess to cash in on sexy women and the mistreatment of them.

Actually, it wasn't. Maybe you should re-examine the limits of your own understanding if that's all you were able to get out of it (particularly since the only reason you were watching it was for the hot girls).

But did a specific rape take place at any point in the film?
:lecture

Regarding this whole "Rape Scene" vs "Implied Rape" nonsense...

Here is the deal, people: Words mean things. When you say "the rape scene", that statement indicates that there is an actual scene in which someone is being raped. Duh. When I hear something like that, I think of stuff like CASUALTIES OF WAR, THE ACCUSED and other films with very disturbing, actual, literal rape scenes. There isn't anything like that in this film.

There's nothing wrong with discussing "implied rape undertones". But when you start throwing around stuff like "rape scene" and "Zack Snyder has a woman being raped in every one of his movies" you just come across as a hyperbolic, mis-informed jack-hole.

By the way, since I'm not sure if you understood the movie, I was poking fun at the fact that the movie was sexual in nature, but was covered up by meaningless action scenes. It was like two stories going on at once, but they were completely unrelated to each other. So one was real, the other fantasy and the whole film was a mess to cash in on sexy women and the mistreatment of them. Take away the women and replace them with dogs, and you’d have PETA boycotting this movie. I still think the movie was okay and worthy of a discussion and possibly a statue or two, so I’m not out to just bash it either.
Wow. I think I'm actually going to print this one out. :lol

Well....it's pretty much true. And this is coming from someone who's a HUGE fan of his. 300 has rape, Watchmen has attempted rape, so does this movie.

So...it's a whatever thing. His movies had rape somewhere in the subject matter. Oh well...I doubt Superman will have a rape scene.

Well....it's pretty much true. And this is coming from someone who's a HUGE fan of his. 300 has rape, Watchmen has attempted rape, so does this movie.

So...it's a whatever thing. His movies had rape somewhere in the subject matter. Oh well...I doubt Superman will have a rape scene.

You're still missing the point, which is there IS a difference between showing an actual rape and having implied undertones.

But then again you're the guy who didn't think the scene in 300 was a rape, when it's in fact the only overt rape scene in any of his movies.

I hadnt seen it in years....so what I remembered was, she comes in, undresses, and he goes at it.

I'm not missing any point...attempted rape...is not implied undertones.

When Blue is bashing Baby Doll against the mirror, I dont think he was having a very nice conversation with her. I dont think the Cook was going to yell at Rocket for what she did....

So ____ing what. Who gives a ____. Watchmen HAD a attemped rape scene in it. Had to be filmed. 300 needed a new character, what better way to get a character liked on screen? Something bad happen to her....rape...

I shelled out 40 bucks for this movie, seeing it twice in IMAX. So obviously, i'm not a hater.

:lol

I have to give it to you...that's t-shirt worthy.

:hi5:

I say it to my kids all the time (because I'm hoping at least some members of the future generation will understand and appreciate the value and meaning of words), but the internet has that at critical mass. :lol

So...at the end of the day...is Zack Snyder simply rationalizing his own fantasies of cruelty to women through his movies?

:monkey3

I also still don't understand the justification of the rape based on it's visibility on film. Rape AND attempted rape AND implied rape all mean the same thing at the end of the day. If you witness it in action isn't the point. You know it still happened or would have happened or was about to happen etc. etc. I'm the one that started this whole conversation many many pages back and my point was and still is that it's an odd subject matter to have had in most of the films in your stable.

It does seem that for a woman to be empowered - she has to first be violated/abused. I suppose that is often true in life - it usually seems that one has to go through their own personal hell for them to realize the true strength/power they have to change things.

Back