Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Everyone who hates this movie didnt really get what it was doing. Not trying to be a ****** here....but if when you were a kid, you used to have epic fights in your backyard with nothing, but imagined worlds, and battles, you will totally get what this movie is saying.

If you didnt...well...you dont. Doesnt make either party smarter, or dumber.

Yeah. About that. I don't know how to break this to you, but it sounds like you've created a meaning that has nothing to do with the films.

Well...of course you would've hated it. :lol

I could've told you that. Saved you money. You're not a big action fan. Fair enough Mr. Woffy.

I didn't pay for it. I went to the theater early for the movie I was going to see and sat in for most of it. I'll catch the very end when it hits the Walmart bargain bin this Monday. And I do love some action, when accompanied with a point.

Edit: Despite not having finished it I read the spoiler in here and it was where I saw it going.

It did have a point. Baby Doll took a terrible situtation, and created an alternate reality, to take her mind off what was really happening.

And the whole thing comes together at the end...it's not a GREAT twist...there are worse.

Also...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The problem with this movie, and it was to me, is it did feel cut in many places, and it also wasnt brainless...but didnt really require the full use of your brain. Somewhere in the middle, which was a bit jarring. So yeah, people will hate it. Lots of people.

But i'm hoping for a more fluid directors cut.

Wofford, I wanted to walk out, too, but hoped for an ending to make it all worth it. The ending was even worse.

Meh. Everyone who hates this movie didnt really get what it was doing. Not trying to be a ****** here....but if when you were a kid, you used to have epic fights in your backyard with nothing, but imagined worlds, and battles, you will totally get what this movie is saying.

If you didnt...well...you dont. Doesnt make either party smarter, or dumber.

I actually agree with this statement 100%, but since they tried to pull it off in live action where the laws of physics should apply at least a little, I couldn't suspend disbelief. If the exact same movie had been done shot for shot entirely in CG like Beowulf, I probably would have loved it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gotcha. I loath the shooting style. However, that being said, if the script is strong.....

I'll check it out sometime.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not faulting anyone for liking the film. I'm just saying it's a terd. I like plenty of movies that are terds. That certainly doesn't make it a quality film just because I like it. I'm not afraid to say I like a terd though, no need to try and justify it.

Eye candy, no surprises, doesn't even make me want to watch it again. If you've seen the previews you have pretty much seen the movie.

Devil, I thought 300 was okay. I'd say a 6 out of 10. I will also say that I don't feel as though Synder is evolving as a director in the slightest, which has me extremely concerned for Man of Steel.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not faulting anyone for liking the film. I'm just saying it's a terd. I like plenty of movies that are terds. That certainly doesn't make it a quality film just because I like it. I'm not afraid to say I like a terd though, no need to try and justify it.

Oh I'm cool with it. Love ya Woffy. But still, I feel some people didnt really....I dont want to say get the movie, because it aint deep, but....understand what it was trying to do? I think that was missed on people.

Not a big deal. It's not a really good movie. I thought it was an OK movie, with awesome visuals. But that's me.

Back