Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... actually not really... occasionally i have to whine about the excessive whining of the world in general .. never know where it will land ... :monkey1

I ok with people disliking things, all I want is for them is to be civil and polite about it.

So the general consensus on this one is that it's worth watching?

I say it's worth watching once. Then you can decide if it's worth watching again.

I had very high hopes and was disappointed...but I did watch it twice and got more out of it the second time around. Will I ever watch it again? Probably not.

The general consensus among critics is that it isn't very good. The geek community is split.

ahhh, I wasn't sure, alot of people say it's good, but it may be because of the girls.

I say it's worth watching once. Then you can decide if it's worth watching again.

I had very high hopes and was disappointed...but I did watch it twice and got more out of it the second time around. Will I ever watch it again? Probably not.

Yea that sounds like a good idea, so rental?

ahhh, I wasn't sure, alot of people say it's good, but it may be because of the girls.

The problem with rentals is they're Theatrical releases not the Extended Director's Cut. This Movie need to be watched the way the Director envisioned it, not the budget cutting studio. A big chunk of action was cut out as well as the order of the story changed around.
I've watched it at least 4 time, once at the theater and 3 time on Blu Ray the Extended Cut.

I've only seen the blu ray extended cut... what scenes were different in that version compared to the theatrical version?

Usually some extended cuts drag out a little bit in other films (namely The Town), but I found every scene to be well executed throughout the entire film.

This comes on Cinemax tonight, so I have it set to record.

Although I heard from a friend that the majority of the girls die by the end, so it's most likely I'll hate it.

Killing main/hero characters is horrible film making imo.

Last edited:
Killing main/hero characters is horrible film making imo.

I enjoy those kind of endings some time.

I have always loved the ending to the 1968 Night of the Living Dead.

Sometimes its more realistic for them to die. I'm not against a bleak ending. I do like it when the hero saves the world but sometimes I enjoy a movie that has a darker flavour to it.

Last edited:

I agree with Toylion. Watch the director's cut if you can. I thought it was better. If you got a bluray player - maybe you can rent that version vs. the theatrical release.

I'm in the camp that thinks it was just above average. I liked the director's cut better than the theatrical, but really found the story lacking. I just didn't care or connect with any of the characters.

The action and visuals, on the other hand, were amazing...but I sometimes felt like I was watching a video game.

I'm in the camp that like it and once it was over never thought about it again.

Just another movie, a fair enough way to burn a couple hours out of a day. So, yeah :dunno

Back