Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Christmas haul

hnVEJv7.png

Batman Eternal Vol. 1
Green Lantern No Fear
Batman Death of the Family
The Death of Wolverine issues 1&2

Interested in your opinion on Eternal. Having trouble deciding if I should start that run next to the main line (and Aquaman New 52 for that matter).

Interested in your opinion on Eternal. Having trouble deciding if I should start that run next to the main line (and Aquaman New 52 for that matter).

I have not yet read it. I picked it up because it was on sale, and since Scott Snyder is involved in writing it. Not to mention Batman is one of my favorite comic book heroes. Scott Snyder is one of my favorite writers in comics. If you haven't read his owls run, I highly recommend you do. Some of the best Batman reading that you can do. Once I have read Eternal, I'll be sure to share some of my thoughts on it.

Thanks for the effort. Yes, I have read the Owls arc. With the 'main' line I meant the Batman new 52 comic, have the first five bundles on my shelf.

I've been reading eternal since issue 1. Its pretty good so far, its pretty much just one giant story. As opposed to 7 issue arcs or whatever. It's finished in March.

Just finished All new X-men vol 1. A bit late in the game but I really liked Bendis style on this title. Picked up the oversized HC just after Christmas. Can't wait for the next HC.
Also finished Batman/Superman vol 2 HC. Liked both volumes so far. Pretty recommended.

Finished the original Ultimate Spider-Man run. Loved it. Great series.

Then read the Civil War run. Loved it as well.

Now, I'm tackling the Amazing Spider-Man....from Issue #1. This will take me awhile. :lol

I just got in Faust: Love of the Damned Act 1,2,and 3 in today. See how this series goes before I try and track down the rest.

A friend of mine was giving away his TWD Hardcovers for free. They look pretty amazing on a shelf so I am upgrading my trades with them.

Batman: Earth One was pretty good. Read that last night. Geoff Johns has a nice, fresh take on the dark knight and I can't wait to read Batman: Earth Two in May.

Finished Chew Omnivore HC Vol 1 - Collected this in singles but preferred reading it in HC format. Will need to pick up the next 3 HCs. I heard the series will end with issue #60.
Sleeper Omnibus - Great Ed Brubaker noir series. Highly recommend this series.

Just ordered absolute Batman Hush. The oversized, special edition version. I'm Getting into batman comics in a big way! I've already read batman the dark knight volume 1: Golden dawn by David finch and I have the killing joke to read too.

I have the dc 1:4 statue of finch batman and the kotobukiya jim lee 1:6 batman statue. I like the idea of displaying the comics next to these.!

A friend of mine was giving away his TWD Hardcovers for free. They look pretty amazing on a shelf so I am upgrading my trades with them.

Lucky bugger.
Would love the HC's but I'll make do with TPB's

Batman: Earth One was pretty good. Read that last night. Geoff Johns has a nice, fresh take on the dark knight and I can't wait to read Batman: Earth Two in May.

I really enjoyed Earth One.
Never knew there was an Earth Two coming so will definitely pick that up.

Just finished reading volume 2 of Superman Earth One & that was pretty good & nicely set up for another but not sure if we are expecting one or not?

I might get the Teen Titans Earth One as well see how that compares

Had a few new Darwyn Cooke Covers this week...

About a 3rd of the way through Futures End as well at the moment & that has been a real surprise for me...I didn't really know what to expect from a weekly but it's been brilliant, really refreshing to read.
It's so well paced & the fact they are yet to really bring in any of the big guns (I'm up to issue 24 at the moment) & instead use lower tier characters is so refreshing, they could have easily just gone the usual route but this is working brilliantly.

The first Trade has just been released & I heartily recommend it.

Neil

Back