Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man.

They are pretty sweet, hard to photograph because of the motion effect but they are nice.
I prefer the earlier ones but these are good.

Looking forward to the Lego one's soon but those Darwyn one's look like being the best we've had this year.

Neil

I fear I'll end up buying a whole bunch of issues I wouldn't normally get just so I can have those Darwyn Cooke covers. They are pretty sweet. Have you read any of those futures end issues yet? I've decided not to pick any up from the titles I usually buy each month, and I haven't been reading the futures end weeklies, just curious if I'm missing out on anything decent.

That's a great haul, soundwave. Those lenticulars are super cool, aren't they?

No problem. I really liked some of those selfie covers, too, but I only bought one, which was the '66 Batman cover, because I just loved the idea of Robin taking a selfie with a rotary phone while sliding down the batpole (though, admittedly, in a world where they have a "mobile crime computer" in the trunk of their car, I could totally see them having a "Batcamera" phone).:lol The other one I really liked was the Batman/Superman cover, where Clark's holding the phone with one hand and making Bruce "smile" with the other.:lol

I'm not sure if I saw the batman 66 one, or if I just forgot it. Does sound fun though. And yeah, can't believe I forgot the Batman/Superman one, that actually made me chuckle. I think the selfies were probably my favourite of the variant themes so far, until the Darwyn Cooke ones come out, just because they were great fun.

I fear I'll end up buying a whole bunch of issues I wouldn't normally get just so I can have those Darwyn Cooke covers. They are pretty sweet. Have you read any of those futures end issues yet? I've decided not to pick any up from the titles I usually buy each month, and I haven't been reading the futures end weeklies, just curious if I'm missing out on anything decent.

Lol I'll probably be exactly the same with the Darwyn's.
That said I;ve already done that with the Futures End one's & I'm planning the same with the Lego's :slap

I haven't actually started on Futures End yet, I'd been waiting for it to finish so I can hit it all up in a couple of sittings, sounds like a pretty good idea though so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Neil

Yeah, I'll probably ed up getting a bunch of the Darwyn Cooke variants, they're just too awesome to pass up. I'm also really looking forward to the monster variants in October. Some of those look great.

Can anyone recommend a fun superhero comic along the lines of Miss Marvel (Kamala)? I'm loving that series but I need a fix cause #8 won't arrive to my comic book store till later.

Got this today, went for the variant because it's cool!

K0eDKXz.jpg

Can anyone recommend a fun superhero comic along the lines of Miss Marvel (Kamala)? I'm loving that series but I need a fix cause #8 won't arrive to my comic book store till later.

The new Batgirl revamp seems like it might have a similar tone.

Got this today, went for the variant because it's cool!

K0eDKXz.jpg

I picked this up as well (regular cover). Do you know if this will be a stand alone series? I know dark horse is doing 4 series. Aliens, AVP, Predator, and Prometheus and that all of the mini series are labeled blood and stone so it sounds like they're connected. I'd rather not have to pick up the other series in the event their series bisect each other just to know what's going on. The more self-contained the better.

According from what I've read online, there are some hundreds of years between events, so, I suppose they work as their own stories but also have relevance on the rest of the series.

Sort of like how Prometheus shows the Xenos come from the Engineers, nothing too specific I hope.

I picked this up as well (regular cover). Do you know if this will be a stand alone series? I know dark horse is doing 4 series. Aliens, AVP, Predator, and Prometheus and that all of the mini series are labeled blood and stone so it sounds like they're connected. I'd rather not have to pick up the other series in the event their series bisect each other just to know what's going on. The more self-contained the better.

Hi, from what I understand they do merge at some point, but I imagine you can just stick with the Aliens series alone and not worry about it too much. I got the Prometheus #1, it was a nice start imo so I went ahead and ordered the first of all four. Haven't read this one yet, I'll let you know soon if there are any obvious connections you should be aware of.

I started reading the Jennifer Blood series and love it. Also, I preordered Absolute Transmetropolitan v1 HC from Amazon today for $74.81 (40% off)! It doesn't come out until April but at least I've got it locked at that price.

Picked up The Colosal Conan and absolutely loved it. Reinvigorated my love for comics so i picked up the following over the last few weeks:

Locke and Key volumes 1-3 special ed
The last Y man volume 1 deluxe edition
Game of thrones vol 1-5 (original not based on the hbo series)
Hellboy library editions 1 -2

That should keep me busy for awhile, so far I've read the Locke and key, the last Y man and currently reading vol 1 of Game of Thrones. They have all been great reads.

If you haven't read the Eastman Ninja turtles series, I highly recommend it. They've embraced all the Ninja turtles stuff from the original comic to the 80's cartoon series and toy line and they make it work. If I had to cancel all my comics from my file at the comic book shop and keep only one monthly title, it would be this one.

I started reading the Jennifer Blood series and love it.

Started off good but really drops off.
The end of the series was a relief for me to be honest.
At the start you're totally on Jennifers side, but by the end totally the opposite.

Amazed they started a new one, but I guess if it sells...it sells.

Back