Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to get both of those for a few years too but never got around to it. How is Tales of the Batman?

Apologies I got late.

I liked it.

Date Night was my favourite (never read SOLO). Blades was second. Night after Night is from the B&W segment which I would not like to compare with any other story (am completely biased towards B&W) :).

Do not expect a TLH / DV here. After reading this, I actually understood what one means by 'evolution of an artist's work'.

Overall a good read. Get a copy if you find it at a good price.

Got this today.

Next on the list: Superman for all Seasons, Hulk Grey, Daredevil Yellow, and Spider-Man Blue. :)

DSCN1978_zps3be87935.jpg

current Thor, god of thunder, is getting boring, Mr. Green gonna have to dump it soon. she-hulk #1 = boring. batman #28 looks good.

Spider-Man Blue and Superman for All Seasons are both very good reads. I mean to get Daredevil Yellow and Hulk Grey soon..

Spider-Man Blue and Superman for All Seasons are both very good reads. I mean to get Daredevil Yellow and Hulk Grey soon..

Blue and for All Seasons are both great. I haven't read Yellow or Gray yet. I read that Marvel is putting out an OHC with Blue, Yellow, and Gray some time this summer. I'll probably hold out for that.

As for new pick-ups, I had the following come in the last week

-Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
-Acts of Vengeance Omnibus
-Secret Warriors Omnibus
-Infinity OHC
-Fables Deluxe Vol. 8

Picked up Half Past Danger Hardcover this week and just finished it. It was a good read and definitely had those pulpy styles to it of comics of the day. My only gripe is that it borrows heavily from Jurassic Park Lost World. I'm talking situations and ideas completely ripped off. Other than that, it was enjoyable. If they do end up continuing the story, I may give it a read.

Did Avengers #25 feature the original team travelling to the future (our present) like the All-New X-Men?

Not sure actually, not caught up enough to read it yet (still working on Infinity ;) lol)

Cheap week for me this week...

But I did pick these up as well as they look pretty interesting & I'm always looking for some non Superhero stuff...

Neil

Anyone else reading Manifest Destiny from Image? I grabbed the first 4 issues and I'm hooked. Added it to my monthly comic book file.

I just got caught up on All-Star Western reading from #1-28. What a great series. I was a big fan of Palmiotti's Pre-New 52 run of Jonah Hex that was, largely, a traditional Western, but, after reading this, I love how they took the New 52 as their cue to go totally nuts with the character. After 72 issues of traditional Bounty Hunter versus Outlaw fare, they relaunched their title as a sort of Buddy Cop story set in the last days of the American Fromtier, and totally ran it in a dozen unexpected directions.

My new pick ups this weekend...

Really stoked with the idea of a new IDW Rogue Trooper, he is easily one of my best comic characters ever & it's been a long time since I've read anything new.
Looking forward to getting stuck in just hope they do 2000AD proud.

Neil

I'm reading old school, 1960s Fantastic Four stuff at the moment. ****ing shame we won't get to see Hulk and Thing going at it on the big screen anytime soon, if ever.

Have you read Hickman's FF or his Secret Warriors?

I just finished reading Hickman FF omnibus Vol. 1. I really liked the multiple Reeds story and pretty much everything else within. I can't wait for them to release Vol. 2.

I picked up the Secret Warriors omni a few weeks ago since it just went OOP and the prices are starting to get a little crazy. I'll probably get to it after I finish up AvX.

Back