Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently Discovered that Dark Horse published An Avatar the last airbender comic who's story was written by the guys who wrote teh tv show. it fills in the blanks between Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra.
The Promise is the first chapter, The Search is teh second. gonna start those soon.

DSCN1864.jpg

Agreed, Batman Earth One is amazing. I read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down and immediately told everyone they had to read it. I know it's "another origin story" but it was so well done. I loved every second of it. Really looking forward to volume 2.

Also agree the Superman ones are really great too, not as impressive as Batman but still great. Really looking forward to Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman earth one as well.

I have recently just picked up and read the current Batgirl New 52, Vol 1-3, and wow...just wow. A really fantastic reading, and finally Barbara gets the spotlight that she has been missing since "The Killing Joke". Anyone should pick it up and try it.

I also have read Saga by Imagine, and man oh man. This is the most ****ing amazing series I have read to date. It is literally Romeo and Juliet meets Star Wars, meets modern drama, if you haven't yet pick it up as well, cause anyone will be hooked right off the bat.

I read Batman: Noel over Christmas, was quite fitting. It's a really good read. An interesting take on A Christmas Carol, with amazing art.

I have recently just picked up and read the current Batgirl New 52, Vol 1-3, and wow...just wow. A really fantastic reading, and finally Barbara gets the spotlight that she has been missing since "The Killing Joke". Anyone should pick it up and try it.

I also have read Saga by Imagine, and man oh man. This is the most ****ing amazing series I have read to date. It is literally Romeo and Juliet meets Star Wars, meets modern drama, if you haven't yet pick it up as well, cause anyone will be hooked right off the bat.

Thanks for the heads up on Saga just ordered volume 1 at my LCS as I'm feeling the need to branch out from hero stuff at the moment & this sounds right up my alley

About time I read this one:

DSCN1876.jpg

I've still not picked that up (Lee's Joker either) so must get round it.

This weeks new pick ups...

Some non hero stuff...

Was surprised that Empire of Dead is on Marvel.
Curse looks interesting as well & is only a 4 issue thing so cheap enough to check out.

Volume 2 of ABC Warrirors Volgan Wars for my brother, will be borrowing these off him as soon as I can as I'm itching to read them :)

Also got myself another Skottie Young variant...

Got a nice week ahead of me reading wise :)

Neil

Thanks for the heads up on Saga just ordered volume 1 at my LCS as I'm feeling the need to branch out from hero stuff at the moment & this sounds right up my alley

You'll love it, I was mostly just reading New 52 stuff, and a buddy of mine recommended Saga. I read Vol 1 and 2 straight through, I had just placed my order for volume 3 :lol

Just picked up and Read: fables #136, Batman #27, The Walking dead #120, The Star Wars #4 and I bought Issue 1-13 of Star Wars by Brian Wood.

I have recently read a few new Image series that are AMAZING! Must reads! Pretty Deadly, Rat Queens, and Dead Body Road. Dead Body Road has a very nice Punisher MAXX feel to it, only 2 issues in so far. Pretty Deadly is kind of horror mystery spooky and very interesting so far and anticipation for character development and mysterious backgrounds. Rat Queens is fun, adventure, hilarious, and mature, probably my favorite of the 3 so far! Check these out! Image reads always suprise me with the most amazing and original stories. I really wish Marvel and DC would bring something new to the table but I guess thats kind of hard with their age and expectation to just keep redoing super hero stories for new generations of readers :/

I read Batman: Noel over Christmas, was quite fitting. It's a really good read. An interesting take on A Christmas Carol, with amazing art.

Actually! The art is amazing and a very good read! Nice to read something different.

I've still not picked that up (Lee's Joker either) so must get round it.

Could look at the Absolute edition of Joker / Luthor: https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Joker-Luthor-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401245048

So I started reading the first Chew TPB this weekend...4 issues in & I think I hate it.

It's just awful.
I went in blind on just peoples recommendations & I can honestly say there is nothing I like about it.
The art is horrible, characters are loathsome the premise is terrible & the fact that there is vomit on almost every page it just turns me off totally.

I will read the final 2 issues in the book but after that it's gonna be up for grabs.

Just a plain nasty book.

Neil

Just read Batman and Robin Annual 2, not amazing but was good. It did make me think though, it'd be cool to see Tomasi do a kind of Zero Year type story arc showing the full introduction of Grayson as Robin and some early adventures.

Back