Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting deeper into the Hamaverse with IDWs new G.I. Joe comics.

I'm also revisiting the Joe classics from Marvel. Will likely end up recollecting the comic books or buying the TPB ones.

For the time being I'm enjoying looking at the old school G.I. Joe marvel classics. Reading #1-#155

:goodpost:

Very nice! :rock

I collect CGC comic books myself.

great Cap #100 KBA! i have a couple myself.

i tried collecting CGC but i just can't get behind the whole premise of it. sure, sports cards & coins yeah...but a book? plus every time i turn around i'm hearing about some controversy with it. another mega dealer that's slipped trimming or something past their super restoration detection, or how the owners or management are involved in some fraud.

right now i'm trying to get through "House of Leaves" but damn, it can be irritating!

i tried collecting CGC but i just can't get behind the whole premise of it. sure, sports cards & coins yeah...but a book? plus every time i turn around i'm hearing about some controversy with it. another mega dealer that's slipped trimming or something past their super restoration detection, or how the owners or management are involved in some fraud.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm not too fussed with CGC. The condition is fine, and this way I can go get it professionally framed, maybe with a picture of me with Stan.

The only old comic that I really care about getting is a copy of Issue #1 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I missed my chance on midtown comics to get a good first printing for around $300 around 6 months ago :gah:. I honestly don't care about the condition I just want one and not pay an arm and a leg for it.

Ditto.

Sealed cases for coins and cards I can see but not for comics.

But hey...to each their own. If a person likes CGC comics, more power to them.

scaled.php

I've heard great things. Finally going to sink my teeth into this sucker.

Huh. Never heard of this, but the short description on the cover makes me curious and want to read it. Have you started it yet? If so, is it any good?

scaled.php

Finally found my grail of comics for a decent price. Will be meeting Stan Lee in Calgary in a couple weeks. This will be signed :rock

Ha! Didn't know you're in Calgary as well man.
I'll be going on Friday & Saturday! :woo

Today's comics: Avengers vs X-Men 2, Wolverine and the X-Men 9, Batman 8, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo(a graphic novel) preview, The Manhattan Projects 2, Batman Beyond Unlimited 3, X-Men 27, CatWoman 8, Wonder Woman 8.

Also reading: Clash of Kings.

Huh. Never heard of this, but the short description on the cover makes me curious and want to read it. Have you started it yet? If so, is it any good?

I think the book is half analysis, and half biography of Grant Morrison. I've heard the superhero analysis is reasonably insightful ... and the Morrison biography parts are pretentious, self-aggrandizing and self-absorbed.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I love having a book store by me that sells nick and dent books for really cheap. Finally got the girls deluxe hardcover edition for a good price
64f298a7.jpg

My recent acquisitions back into comics:

The Walking Dead Compendium 1
The Walking TPB 9 to 15
Fables TPB 1 to 16
Cinderella TPB 1 & 2
Watchmen
Bone One Volume Edition

Just the good stuff ;) I'm just missing a few that I really like. Pride of Baghdad, The Ultimates 1 & 2 and Jack of Fables' run of TPBs so far.

Thats awesome! Is he a cool guy? He always seemed like hed be really nice.

He didn't really talk as much besides the "Thank you"s but he was smiling all the time even though he was late for 30 minutes. :lol
But he really did seem a nice guy.

Stan 'The Man' Lee signing my Cap 100 I showed you guys earlier. He was in great spirits, shook my hand, and slid my comic and card over to me saying 'It's all yours!'. His agents kept all interactions to a bare minimum, you really couldnt talk to him in Calgary. Wish I could have chatted with him. What a gong show line up it was too. Tons of people were sent away.
scaled.php

One of my favorite writers, Peter David, was in Calgary too. He was signing an absurd amount of Trek novels, and was interestingly surprised to see Marvel stuff. He was a very humble gentlemen.
scaled.php

scaled.php

Couple of prints:
scaled.php

scaled.php

And my girlfriend is a huge fifth element fan, so I picked her up this one:
scaled.php

That ninja print is sick.

It's awesome being in Stan's presence. Even if it's for just a couple of seconds. I'm not going to get anything signed, but I'll probably see him next month at DCC.

Back