Your Favorite Console Ever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who has any love for Intellivision....I spent countless hours playing Donkey Kong and Q*Bert....granted I'm a bit older than many of you....we got this console in 1980. :eek:
230px-Intellivision_-_gi_1326971.jpg

Am I the only one who has any love for Intellivision....I spent countless hours playing Donkey Kong and Q*Bert....granted I'm a bit older than many of you....we got this console in 1980. :eek:

I know your not suppose to ask a girl how old she is,but I am curious.I was 4 when this came out.:lol

My friend had that i played it a lot too but I still liked my Atari better, probably because i played it more.

I'll be (and it literally blows my f'n mind when I think of this) 37 this year. :eek

Wow would have never guessed looking at your pics. I thought you were in your early 30s.

33 next month and I had an Intellivision.

Useless Trivia: The Intellivision system was test marketed locally with four titles a year before the national release. (All good things come to Fresno.)

And do you remember the TV commercials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KTjpaG3cg

The only console I remember having as a kid was the Nintendo Entertainment System.

I'll be (and it literally blows my f'n mind when I think of this) 37 this year. :eek

Even worse... I'll be 38 this year.... UGH.

I never had an intellvision.. I went right from the Atart 2600 to the Vic-20 to the C64... but my friend had Colecovision which was a cool system excpet the controllers were crap (probably just as bad as the Intellivision ones.)

Wow, I forgot all about that system. I never had it, but I had a friend that did. It was SO cool in it's day.

33 next month and I had an Intellivision.

Useless Trivia: The Intellivision system was test marketed locally with four titles a year before the national release. (All good things come to Fresno.)

And do you remember the TV commercials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KTjpaG3cg

How could I forget about baseball!! That game was a lot of fun. :lol :lol It's so funny looking at them now and how back in the day that game looked the most realistic.....boy have things changed. :lol

And thanks to everyone who says I look younger than I am....that makes me feel better. :eek: :) I'm one of those people who absolutely dreads my birthday every year....it just freaks me out...because I still feel like I'm in my 20's but then I realize I am not. :lol

Anyway, good to see some other freaks remember Intellevision. I think the controls were a little lame (it's been so long :lol) but for that time, it was a pretty kick ass console.

I pretty much stopped playing games on a regular basis after my SNES, so that and the NES are my favorites. My brother's friend once brought the old Atari Pong over to our house. I don't know how old it was at the time, but it was still fun as hell to play.
superpong.jpg

Probably the original NES or Playstation. I spent ALOT of time with those 2 consoles....

HUNDREDS of hours....if not more. :)

either the original Nintendo or SNES

some favories from NES:
Zelda
Mega Man series
Bases Loaded
Wizards and Warriors
Kid Icarus
CONTRA
Super Mario Brothers series

some favorites from SNES:
Kirby's Avalanche
CONTRA
Mario Kart
Super Mario World

Ha ha! I beat you there! But I sense you are pulling my leg dear. You look much younger!

I've never seen a intellivision in person, but my baby - the Atari 2600 - is from the same period. It came out a bit earlier actually: 1977, where as Matel's intelivison dates from 1980. The Colecovision dates from 1982.

I would have to say the original playstation. It set up 3D gaming. Resident Evil and Tomb Raider were just so fun to play. Not to mention all of the Final Fantasy goodness. Xenogears was one of the best RPG's of all time.

Damn girl, I knew you were older than me but I didn't think you were 10 years older (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

I would like to add that if it weren't for all the damn issues, the 360 would probably end up #1 on my list. So many great games already and some of the best are yet to come (Fable 2, Force Unleashed, just to name a few)

Damn girl, I knew you were older than me but I didn't think you were 10 years older (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

I would like to add that if it weren't for all the damn issues, the 360 would probably end up #1 on my list. So many great games already and some of the best are yet to come (Fable 2, Force Unleashed, just to name a few)

You want to see issues buy a PS3! :rotfl

Back