What's your favorite game series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gabriel Knight mysteries

The Sins of the Fathers
The Beast Within
Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

Ninja Gaiden
Dead or Alive
Final Fantasy
Mass Effect
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

For me you need to have at least three games to be a series. So with that in mind, I'd have to say:

Splinter Cell
Mass Effect
Hitman
Fallout

There are plenty of other series that I like, and many other games that I love, but as to favourite series, those are tops for me and the ones that I have always gone out of my way to play each new game from.

From the last generation:

1. Game Series: RE Outbreak File 1/2 , RE4 , RE Code Veronica, Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4
2. Individual Game: Haunting Ground (my favourite PS2 game), GTA San Andreas,

Current Generation:

1. Game Series: RE 5, RE6, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3, Halo games, Gears of War 1,2,3 and L4D
2. Individual Games: Catherine

I'm sure there are more but I just don't remember now.. since RE1 is the first game I ever played RE series will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm in the minority, I'm the kind of fan that loves the old RE games and RE4,5 and 6 too. Overall I'm into action games, no matter what subgenere it is, Catherine is not the kind of game I usually play but it turned out to be my favourite individual game of this generation

Last edited:
Hmm.. I'll post a couple, but there's too many to list and I'm sure ill miss some.
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
God of War
Zelda
Castlevania
Metroid
Mass Effect
Knights of the Old Republic (too good to exclude just because there's only 2 games).

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Reading these lists brought tears to my eyes. You people all actualy have taste!

Working in a game lounge, I roll my eyes whenever someone asks for cawadodie... which is most of my customers.

My friends right now have atrocious taste in games. COD and Fifa and that it! All they do is play Fifa, its quite demoralising if your not into footie

Metal Gear Solid
God Of War
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Tekken
Resident Evil
Need For Speed
Gran Turismo
Devil May Cry
Red Dead Redemption

Doom, Quake, and Gears of War.

Id **cking rocked back in the day!
John Carmack was the man, but there was too much competition during the later years and I'm sure the Unreal franchise had something to do with that.

I can enjoy a lot of different game genres, but the only "series" I've been playing would be Gears of War and Halo.

That'll all change now with the Wii U.
I'll own and play every Wii U release that has the name Zelda and Metroid on it. :rock

Reading these lists brought tears to my eyes. You people all actualy have taste!

Working in a game lounge, I roll my eyes whenever someone asks for cawadodie... which is most of my customers.

When I was in Paris I visited a store and the clerk was so annoyed because the phone was ringing every 2 minutes to ask "at what time black ops 2 would be released" :wink1:

Bioshock
Warcraft I-III and WOW, but I prefer the RTS's
Final Fantasy
Zelda
Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
and I guess I could say Valkyria Chronicles even though I haven't been able to play 2 or 3 :(

1.) The Batman:Arkham series
2.) The Red Dead series
3.)The Uncharted series
4.)The Ratchet & Clank series
5.)The God of War series

Back