Your Favorite Console Ever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm a playstation girl all the way....no other console for me. so it's pretty easy

1. PS3 (I only have 3 games for it)
2. Intellivision....the console that originally got me into gaming
3. PS2 (Should probably be number one, since it is the console I have played the most on....but since my PS3 is backwards compatible it made the leap to number one after just a few weeks.)

The Atar 2600... because it was the first one we got when I was 10 after droping my mom off at the airport so she could visit her sister in Hawaii, I think my dad just wanted to keep us quiet for a week. And I still have it.

Last edited:
The Nintendo i think was the best i think that those cassettes were like eternal games that cant be finished easy as the new games that i finish in 2 days or in a good day less than 12 hours, thats sad :monkey2.

Gotta go with the dreamcast as well, but I am likeing my 360 more and more every month!

Thats a hard question. Initially I would say the N64, but with all the new games and new consoles its hard to compare it to the newest generation of consoles. I mean the Xbox360 is ****ing insane. :rock But I still love the oldschool and still classic games from earlier consoles (Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, Mario64, Goldeneye)
Still the Xbox has the OrangeBox, Bioshock, Gears of War, Halo's etc.
Plus I want a Wii. - Metroid, Mario Galaxy etc.
Damn consoles and their endless hours of fun.

It really is hard to choose a favorite, since they are all so different... especially across the last few decades. What is nice is that you can still get classic games on new systems... sure its not exactly the same, but still nice.

NES !!!

Mario 1,2,3
Megaman 1,2,3,4,5,6
Kickle Cubicle
Kirby

SNES hands down. Best games ever made. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Bros., F-Zero, Ghouls and Ghosts, EarthBound, the list just goes on.

Yep, loved Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, FF2 and FF3, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II Turbo, Secret of Evermore, Donkey Kong Country...I love this console

WOW, This has got to be the best damn thread ever!

OK, It's a hard call and I reserve the right to change my mind :lol

1- NES (it changed EVERYTHING ok?)
2- Sega Genesis (it was the height of my "gaming" life)
3- Wii (it's just too damned FUN! I only have like 3 games, and still rock the hell out of them!|)

That said, there's tons to think about here. Dreamcast still rocks for bootleging purposes, PS2 will always be a classic to me. Than there's campier systems, Virtual Boy, Turbo Graffix shoot even Jaguar. I still get a kick out of them.

Nintendo will always rule the roost for me. Anything on PS3 I can get a similar/better version of for the PC (FPS games/ MMORPG's) I don't need anything it offers, same with the X-Box. Not saying "they suck" or anything, just nothing I CAN'T do on my computer. Nintendo always pushes it and in the end it's more about game play and fun, though Mario Galaxy sucked cause I beat it in like a week!

Awesome topic.

WOW, This has got to be the best damn thread ever!

OK, It's a hard call and I reserve the right to change my mind :lol

1- NES (it changed EVERYTHING ok?)
2- Sega Genesis (it was the height of my "gaming" life)
3- Wii (it's just too damned FUN! I only have like 3 games, and still rock the hell out of them!|)

That said, there's tons to think about here. Dreamcast still rocks for bootleging purposes, PS2 will always be a classic to me. Than there's campier systems, Virtual Boy, Turbo Graffix shoot even Jaguar. I still get a kick out of them.

Nintendo will always rule the roost for me. Anything on PS3 I can get a similar/better version of for the PC (FPS games/ MMORPG's) I don't need anything it offers, same with the X-Box. Not saying "they suck" or anything, just nothing I CAN'T do on my computer. Nintendo always pushes it and in the end it's more about game play and fun, though Mario Galaxy sucked cause I beat it in like a week!
Awesome topic.

That's hardcore. I played it for about an hour, had a seizure, got up, played a little more and then put it down. Hope to play it again soon though.

I first played the old Nintendo Famicon and liked some of the games for it, but the control pad just trashed my thumbs, I played it so much. I wanted a Saturn or Dreamcast, but never got around to buying one.

Gave up gaming until someone told me about Biohazard (Resident Evil) on the Sony Playstation, and I decided to go for it. I got addicted to those, and then when Metal Gear Solid was released I was hooked again for life.

I've always stuck with PS and PS2, mainly because of the huge range of games that were/are still available for it. Never got another console mainly because of the cost factor and because I already have enough games to keep me busy.

I've been dyin' to play online, but where I live it's too much hassle, and I don't have time anyway. Still waiting till some of my favorite game series come out on PS3 (MGS, GTA, SOCOM, etc, etc, etc.). When they do I'll buy myself one.

The best part of Mario Galaxy is I had motion sickness when done, the IDEA and PHYSICS kick butt. BUT IT NEVER GET'S HARDER! It's like meant for a 5 year old, kinda bugged me.

Oh well, Super Smash Bros. for the Wii soon SOOOOOON!!!!

The best part of Mario Galaxy is I had motion sickness when done, the IDEA and PHYSICS kick butt. BUT IT NEVER GET'S HARDER! It's like meant for a 5 year old, kinda bugged me.

Oh well, Super Smash Bros. for the Wii soon SOOOOOON!!!!

As stupid as this sounds, Super Mario Party 8 (pretty much a board game) is really addicting

That's a tough one... I guess I got the most fun out of the SNES, but I still think fondly of my ATARI 2600 days... I still have all my consoles, and I guess my high days as a console gamer ended with the PS2. Not going to invest is a Xbox or PS3. I don't play consoles anymore, but since my girlfriend rediscovered TETRIS, I play Yar's Revenge, Super Mario or Boulder Dash (loved it on C64) on the GameBoy color once in a while... :eek:

I will have to go with SNES. I started out with Atari, over at friends houses and eventually got the NES back in the day... But I was pretty young and gave up on games I could not beat. Really didn't get as into it until I got my hands on the SNES.

From that moment I just dove in and have been drowning in games since. Opening up that box, plugging it in and playing Mario... It just opened up a whole new world of gaming possibilities and got me interested enough to stay with a game long enough to beat it. And once Legend of Zelda came out, forget about it... I was glued to the screen.

Playstation would have to be a close second, just due to the amazing library of games. I was addicted to Tekken, Resident Evil, GTA, Gran Turismo, the list goes on and on. It was amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The Xbox 360 is coming up there as well, really has been an enjoyable experience in the time since I finally scored one. The Freaks have a large hand in that as do the awesome games.

I was a Dreamcast owner, but really not a huge fan... It was a huge letdown for me. And made me a bit more choosy on my console buying.

Back