Your biggest SS disappointment???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
Did this ancient thread really need resurrecting?

Perhaps we need to start retiring threads after a while...

Good idea Dave. Your wardrobe looks a bit outdated.

dekadentdave said:
Two things to improve your Ash:

1. Rub isopropyl alcohol on the eyes with a q-tip to remove red paint wash
2. Switch head with Hot Toys NGL body.

Makes the figure look about 90% better overall IMO.

screamingmetal, thanks! I did buy the S-Mart Ash, he's great. You're right, Mat did redeem himself with that one.

dekadentdave, I've never heard of the Hot Toys NGL body? Can you enlighten me?

Has anyone tried to make a screen accurate Ash from the beginning of AoD?

Mookeylama said:
wait!! is the sculpt really that different between the normal Ash and S-mart? thought they were the same sculpt only painted better on the S-mart.

and Superguy, here's a link to the HT bod
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160101507006
Yes it's much better, completely resulpted:
S-Mart Ash
1303R_image01.jpg

Army Of Darkness Ash
1301_image02.jpg

Last edited:
King Darkness said:
Modern Kurgan. Crap ass sculpt!!

:rock

But in seriousness I have to agree with Evilface... the Mummy was a real bummer. So much work and detail for what ends up being a statue... and most ended up with twisted limbs and odd poses that couldn't be fixed.

But I did get mine for $22 (with tax) so I can't complain too much :lol

They are so far up Lucas' (fill in the blank) it's pathetic, so many collectors, etc have been ignored or abandoned for lines they say are "taking a hiatus"...

They are no longer significant players in the sixth scale market IMO and I don't think they care, they make a much higher profit doing PF's. HT and Med have lapped them twice in body design, outfit detailing, etc. If it weren't for SW, I don't think they would be making much sixth scale stuff anymore. And they can't come close to matching Med quality for armored figs, I mean why even try after seeing that Med Jango.

Two years with the LOTR license and 3 12" figs to show for it, pretty lame... 1 year turnaround when HT and Med are six months or less, inconsistent paint apps, proto to prod pieces are like playing russian roullete with your wallet, then they tell you the week they are released.

Okay, rant officially over...

Last edited:
They need to give the SW and LotR license to HT to do figures.

SS just needs to give us The Dead and Universal/Newline Horror figures.

I consider Boba Plastic Fett a figure... Overall, sideshow has done a decent job this past year but need more LOTR figures and PF's. Iron Man comiquette was a highlight and so was Lurtz PF. Overall, I spent less in 06 than 05, which tells you something.

HT absolutely OWNS SS in the 1:6 department right now, and I agree, I don't think SS really cares about that anymore. Sad really. There was a time the potential with SS 1:6 felt like the sky was the limit in terms of licenses, now it's just dead. (In fact, I'm hoping they still continue to make more of the Dead!)

I always thought, "What the hell, maybe they COULD reveal a Tall Man Phantasm doll" this toyfair. Now I know feel it won't be anything beyond SW. Why did so many people fall for the SS April Fools joke about minor/loser SS characters? Because we would totally expect that from them now.

Oh Tall Man! Who will make you for me now?

I'm disappointed with the fact that some people can't accept that SSC is not, nor have they ever been, a high-end 1/6 company yet expect them to suddenly start producing high-end dolls for $45-$60.

And the cancellation of the Angel line. :monkey2

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'm disappointed with the fact that some people can't accept that SSC is not, nor have they ever been, a high-end 1/6 company yet expect them to suddenly start producing high-end dolls for $45-$60.

And the cancellation of the Angel line. :monkey2

Maybe so, but what about the Vampyre 12 inch (which was for sale for about 20 dollars) ?
Also do not forget the Invisible man exclusive (even the body was special)

And still find that Sideshow headsculpts are top (most of the time)

EVILFACE said:
They need to give the SW and LotR license to HT to do figures.

SS just needs to give us The Dead and Universal/Newline Horror figures.

Not thanks, not until they do more SW and LOTR PF's anyway. I could care less about 1/6.

Back