2023: Your Favorite Figure of the Year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantasticfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
How was collecting for everyone this year? Personally, it was a dud for me with the disappointment of the rotj 40th. 2023 felt like a year of fomo. Lots of figures I like, but don’t necessarily love. Out of all of the preorders that went up this year, I’m only getting the 3 ot releases. Who did you get this year? Who was your favorite?
This year I picked up:
Inart sculpted 2 pack joker
Aotc r2
Shiny clone
Geonosis battle droid
Clone pilot
Aotc C3po
66 joker and 66 prison joker from mars
Tumbler
Rotj Scout and speeder x2
Rotj Scout trooper x2
Mandalorian luke
Bespin luke

The best by far was aotc C3po. Just a phenomenal figure and really pops on the shelf. Second might be the 66 joker.
If anyone is bored, drop your 2023 list.

Heavy trooper, Commander Appo and Crosshair are obviously my Star Wars choices since I like troopers. I can't remember for sure if Echo was released this year (I think it was) so that would be my number 1 choice.

AOTC Clone Trooper and pilot would have been on the list were it not for the phase 1 buckets looking weird and the non movie weapons despite being AOTC based figures.

If counting figures not yet released but currently available.... Sabine is definitely a beautiful figure and has mando armour and a lightsaber while also being fairly colourful. Potential figure of the year material as it seems to tick all boxes especially the beautiful prototype head sculpt. final product could be a major downgrade but for now I think it the best of this years SW figure announcements.

Most folk might say Artisan Anakin is fig of the year but honestly I feel that one to be a semi upgraded figure to leave room for a better version later so I just see it as a half assed rush to compete with Inart.

I definitely went hog wild with purchases this year:

DT Claire Redfield (classic)
HT Mando Luke
HT Snowspeeder Luke
HT Shiny Clone Trooper
HT Robin
HT Delorean
HT Begins Batman
HT Robocop 3
HT MK1 Ironman
HT MK3 Ironman
HT Scout Trooper / Speeder Bike
Inart Joker 2 pack
PT Punisher
PT Jack
PT Leon
AF Edward Scissorhands
SS The Dude
MT 66 Joker & 66 Clown Joker
+Stallone’s FB Rambo
+TZ FB Rambo

My favorite this year would be the Inart Joker with Mando Luke a close 2nd.

Most underrated figure IMO is the Art Figures Edward Scissorhands.

Worst figure for me would be the PT Punisher.

Last edited:
This year flew by.

I'll use this also to track the figures I pre-ordered, the first half of the year was disaster on my wallet but the last 4-5 months haven't been anything to write home about thankfully. I felt like Appo, the white clones, clone pilot and Geonosis Battle Droid all hit back to back in like a 2-3 month time frame and created a crater in my wallet.

Hunter and Echo hit late Q4 so I'm not counting them, but I swore I got Hunter in January, but I actually got him before Christmas of last year.

Figures I got
-ARC Trooper Jesse
-x2 AOTC Clone Trooper
-x2 Geonosis Battle Droid
-Clone Pilot
-Cad Bane
-Commander Appo and Speeder Bike
-Crosshair
-Mando Luke Skywalker
-ROTJ Scout Trooper
-Bo Katan

Figure of the year for me is a tossup between Crosshair and Cad Bane. Bane being a tall alien with blue skin stands out on a shelf unlike most figures, so I'm leaning towards him at the moment.

Still might pick up Bespin Luke and AoTC C3-PO but decided against getting Grand Inquisitor and BoBF Boba.

I didn't pick up as much as I thought either, I think with Padme, AoTC Anakin, Mace and SBD being in December makes it seem like I ordered a lot in 2023.

I have a few figures I might pick up when they release like Sabine, Thrawn, Venom (PS5 Spidey) and ROTJ C3-PO but didn't pre-order them yet.

-TCW Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Tech
-Wrecker
-Darth Sideous
-Commander Fox
-Ahsoka the White
-Captain Rex (for Phase 1)

Non-Star Wars
-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Miles Morales
-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Black Suit Spidey

Blitzway's Kurt Cobain was probably the standout figure of the year for me. I'm not even a fan, but it was a great figure that felt special and unique in my collection.

Other runner-ups were:
EXO-6 ST:TMP Admiral Kirk
EXO-6 Seven of Nine
InArt Joker
Mars Toys Prank Villain Joker
ArtFigures Scissorhands
Scarlet Witch Wandavision
Kaustic/Infinite Nosferatu

Full 2023 List:
Kaustic/Infinite Dracula
Present Toys Indy Jones
EXO-6 ST:TMP Admiral Kirk
EXO-6 ST:TMP Spock
EXO-6 Seven of Nine
InArt Joker
Mars Toys Prank Villain Joker
ArtFigures Scissorhands
Sideshow Dirty Harry
Kaustic/Infinite Twin Peaks Agent Cooper
Scarlet Witch Wandavision
Moon Knight
Scarlet Witch Civil War (used aftermarket purchase)
Scarlet Witch Age of Ultron (used aftermarket purchase)
Vision Age of Ultron (used aftermarket purchase)
Scarlet Witch Age of Ultron Exclusive (used aftermarket purchase)
EXO-6 Locutus
Kaustic/Infinite Nosferatu
Fennec Shand
Blitzway Kurt Cobain

Last edited:
If anyone is bored, drop your 2023 list.

Someone local to me has these Lannister soldier guys. I think they are awesome. They look much better up close. Unclear if they came out within the last year or not though. Just the raw design and aesthetic, even on the show, is pretty cool.

Best so far:

CROSS. HAIR. Cross ftw, Cross forevah.

Fennec Shand

Mando 3 is pretty amazing.

I dont own him but imo Moon Knight was a strong contender for FotY.

I only have three figures on PO rn. Serious consideration otherwise to CW Kenobi, Ahsoka white and I will probaby pick up phase 1 Rex. I am used to having like, 14 figures on PO and this lineup feels a bit lonely.

Last edited:
Best: Cad Bane Deluxe

IMG_8129.jpeg

Runner-up: Jesse

IMG_8130.jpeg

I got quit a bit as well

2 ATOC Shineys
AOTC Clone Pilot
Bespin Luke
Cad Bane
Arena Fett
ESB Snow Trooper for $325off Ebay!
Sand Trooper Squad Leader
Anakin and Stap from PopCultcha for $225
Clint Eastwood's Preacher
and in another week or two Outlaw Josey Wales

as far as 2023 Star Wars releases it would be Luke and Cad Bane.

Overall though Clint Eastwood's Preacher , Sideshow knocked it out of the park rare for SS but they did it. I think Clint threatened them to do it right.

All Star Wars...

1. Crosshair

- Hunter
- Echo
- Rotj Scout(s) (also Scout and Bikes)
- 1/4 Scale Boba BOBF Dlx
- Jesse/Shineys/Ahsoka/Anakin/Maul
- Kuiil
- Bo

The Bad Batch Hunter, Echo and Crosshair turned out pretty great. Never thought I'd see something like them in SW. And because I look at them as a team of 5 figures, I chose the most recently released Crosshair as my fav. Echo has a great character story. But really, all of them are unique and hard to place one over the other.

I think the fact that each one in this series has a unique sculpt makes them a notch above the regular troopers personality wise. I've come to appreciate the story telling through TCW/TBB eras.

The Rotj Scouts and Bikes, always nice to have some OT releases. And it's no surprise that Scouts are among my fav class of troopers.

*(Edit) 1/4 Boba Fett from TBOBF, how could I forget this, Lol. He turned out great, and 1/4 scale is fun if you have the space. Dlx base is cool, but
huge-mungus.

Kuiil completed Mando Friends Season 1&2, and more SW aliens is always a good thing. Jesse's just awesome.... Shineys, Anakin, Maul arrrg! Glad to finally add Bo and TCW Ahsoka. (Missed some too, but maybe the waitlists will come through.)

The year's not over yet! ;)

1701942845001.jpeg

1701942878028.jpeg

1701942912670.jpeg

1701942960772.jpeg

1701943189833.jpeg

1701943070739.jpeg

1701943568490.jpeg

Last edited:
This year I think I only got two figures--Inart Ledger Joker and Mars Toys '66 Joker.

Honestly, I think Mars Toys gets the win here. The quality of the Inart figure is absolutely amazing, and wins hands down in that department, but if you are looking for something that really stands out on the shelf in a good way, Romero Joker is hard to beat.

did not buy any 12" figures for years. bought older ones as parts to upgrade my Sideshow dollies. At least they look more presentable now. It's more fun than tossing them out and buying the newer expensive Hot Toys.

Wernt Hunter and Echo released in 2022 tho...? or am I hallucinating? I might be, I have not been this sick since 1985... not even when I had covid was I this sick.

Back