Your biggest SS disappointment???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 scale Anakin Skywalker.

It's the only SSC figure I've had to repaint (the Goth lipstick), and that falling arm was such an irritant. I don't mind futzing with my figures or modifying them a bit, but I had to do way too much to him.

Boba Fett. For those that think PF means Plastic Format, you can have it. Although polystone is a royal pain in the ass with it's very fragile material, it's still better than a $325 real action figure.

For pieces that I bought I'd say Jedi Anakin. He had the arm staying on problems and the paint aps left a lot to be desired....especially the dark lips. I still like him though.

I have not really been let down with any of the SW PF's. I think the Han sculpt could have been better, but I still really like the piece.

Last edited:
Ok. I can hold back no longer...

BRENT!!!

other than that, pretty much the way they handle ANY 1:6 property other than $tar War$.

1/6 Han for me. They should have done much better. The head sculpt and size look way too off to me. For such an anticipated and important figure they just didn't meet my expectations.:monkey2

hey hey!! cut ani a break!! hes my favorite!!! well he is now.. since I'm not using that horrible stock headsculpt...

1/6 Han Solo and Luke.

I still can't get over SS Luke's crazy water melon head and monkey arm. Don't like his expression either. Best Luke likeness tho.

Han Solo is also a big let down. Likeness is bad and head is huge.

Their 12" figures in general. I remember when i first got into 1/6th scale figures, and my first was sideshows Luke. I thought they were the best 1/6 figures out there and nothing was better. But then I discovered Medicom with its pose ability and Hot Toys with its detail and magnificent outfitting. Then I realized how disappointing the Sideshow figures were. Limited pose ability, out of proportion heads, unnatural looking human bodies....their costuming is good, but Medicom and hot toys are superior.....and that is why sideshows 12" figures are the biggest sideshow disappointment in my book.

Han $olo. Big head. Bloated cheeks. Horrible paint. Skinny hips and thighs. Looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford. Marginal upgrade from Hasbro Down's Syndrome Han. Biggest SS disappointment ever.

NightCreeper said:
Their 12" figures in general. I remember when i first got into 1/6th scale figures, and my first was sideshows Luke. I thought they were the best 1/6 figures out there and nothing was better. But then I discovered Medicom with its pose ability and Hot Toys with its detail and magnificent outfitting. Then I realized how disappointing the Sideshow figures were. Limited pose ability, out of proportion heads, unnatural looking human bodies....their costuming is good, but Medicom and hot toys are superior.....and that is why sideshows 12" figures are the biggest sideshow disappointment in my book.

That just about sums up my Sideshow experience perfectly.

I only have 3 1/6th scale figs, Obi, Aragorn, and Legolas and 1 PF, The Punisher. So needless to say that SS has not disappointed me, but again I am very very selective when it come to collecting in general so I won't let them disappoint me.

For me it was the original 12" Ash from Army of Darkness. I was so excited to finally get a 1/6 scale version of Bruce. Unfortunately Mat Falls dropped the ball on this sculpt. I'm going to send him off to DA and see if he can work his magic on him.

superactionguy said:
For me it was the original 12" Ash from Army of Darkness. I was so excited to finally get a 1/6 scale version of Bruce. Unfortunately Mat Falls dropped the ball on this sculpt. I'm going to send him off to DA and see if he can work his magic on him.
Get the S-Mart Ash! Mat Falls redeemed himself on his second pass.

Last edited:
Two things to improve your Ash:

1. Rub isopropyl alcohol on the eyes with a q-tip to remove red paint wash
2. Switch head with Hot Toys NGL body.

Makes the figure look about 90% better overall IMO.

Did this ancient thread really need resurrecting?

Perhaps we need to start retiring threads after a while...

Back