Your biggest SS disappointment???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KamenGuyver said:
1/6 Han Solo and Luke. I still can't get over SS Luke's crazy water melon head and monkey arm. Don't like his expression either. Best Luke likeness tho.
Han Solo is also a big let down. Likeness is bad and head is huge.

dekadentdave said:
Han $olo. Big head. Bloated cheeks. Horrible paint. Skinny hips and thighs. Looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford. Marginal upgrade from Hasbro Down's Syndrome Han. Biggest SS disappointment ever.

galactiboy said:
But in seriousness I have to agree with Evilface... the Mummy was a real bummer. So much work and detail for what ends up being a statue... and most ended up with twisted limbs and odd poses that couldn't be fixed.

But I did get mine for $22 (with tax) so I can't complain too much :lol

These are my big three. I own the Mummy, which I also got on the cheap, so the biggest bummer for me is that they sell so CRAZY expensive for something that doesn't move at all. I would have paid around $100 for him just to complete the Universal Monster gang, but he really does suck eggs.

The Luke and and Han figures are two figures that are keeping me from buying any of the SS SW figures. I would like a decent Luke, not one that looks like the Gerber baby. And the Han? I think Dave hit it on the head!

TheObsoleteMan said:
And the cancellation of the Angel line. :monkey2

I concurr... I was more disappointed by the cancellation of the Angel line than I was with the Apes cancellation. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Sure there were problems with the Apes rollout, but AT LEAST there was a serious attempt by Sideshow to get the main characters represented. Sideshow gave up on Angel FAR TOO quickly. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

But don't get me wrong, my fellow Ape brethren... the Ape cancellation was VERY disappointing... the Ape collecting community could always have used more Apes! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The one thing that disappoints me? Honestly, it's the collars on the T-shirts. That more than anything else lets me down... (especially with T-800 since the shirt should also be gray, not black)

Biggest disappointment? I hate to be even slightly negative but I guess it's the stagnant Bond line which drew me into SS collecting in the first place.

Tespecially with T-800 since the shirt should also be gray, not black)

Prolly need to stick to star wars.

His shirt is black untill after the garage scene. He changed it to a gray shirt because the black one was shot up. SS T800 is clearly from early in the movie. If they do a version with the minigun, he should have gray.

terminator.jpg

Collector Freak said:
Star Wars 12" paint jobs. They are usually hideous. I stopped collecting after the Anakin catastrophe.

You stopped collecting completely after that?! wow.
I was always unhappy with the painting of the eyes on my New Nightmare Freddy figure.

for me it was the 1/3 Abe Sapien. Didn't realise it was all polystone....thought his suit was leather or some sort of material. What was even more dis-appointing was that I paid a lot for it on Ebay, got hit with high customs charges, and now it doesn't seem to cost too much!!!

I was so disapointed in Ursus's helmet.
It was all wrong, but fixable by using the Hasbro helmet.

The cancellation of the Ape line was a big disapointment.
Too many Taylors put out, and not the one we all really wanted ("slave" Taylor w/a beard).

-Ray

Biggest SS disappointment? Insulting us Buffy fans with a cheap generic looking Buffy PF. The alternate Buffy PF is a complete joke. It is neither episode or promo specific. The clothes don't fit right, the eye brows are bigger than Oscar the Grouch's, and her top is actually her dress from the original cut down. That, and I heard she sports an ES bigger than the original regular Buffy PF, at 850! Yikes!

Aside from that, SideShow, while having a few products with their odd faults here and there, are a pretty good company. Still my favorite! Just fix up that alternate Buffy PF PLEASE!

I think my new Biggest disappointments now are the shelving of the Angel Line, and the lack of a origins Kurgan and a Ramirez in the Highlander line.

Back