Your All Time Favorite Movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually saw that too when it was playing in Cleveland... they had it in an old theater that still had balconies and one giant screen. Sadly a few years later it became a multiplex :cuss But seeing it like that was amazing.

That's how I saw it where I am. It was a beautiful 70mm print. It was huge!

I was able to see 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind in the same theater. Sadly, they rarely show movies there anymore.

Yeah, the days of the real cinema experience are pretty much gone for good. Its still fun to see a great movie in a theater, but the event it used to be is lacking.

AHHHHH.....it's too hard to pick just ONE........Though I LOVE LOTR, Apocalypto, The Godfather 1 & 2, Gladiator, Galaxy Quest....I think I would have to pick this one:

417px-The_insider_movie_poster_1999.jpg

Now that's a tough one. Many favorites out there!

Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars, Lotr, Back To The Future, T2... :monkey5

I ab-so-LUTE-ly can't pick one. No way, no how. So like IrishJedi, I'll have to claim a tie, with all of these in the #1 spot (repeats to some that others have already listed, but this is MY list):

1. All About Eve
1. Shawshank Redemption
1. Alien
1. Double Indemnity
1. Blade Runner
1. Rear Window
1. Star Wars original trilogy
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
1. The Thin Man collection (ALL of them!)

(Yes, putting the 'trilogies' and 'collection' up is even more of a cheat than putting more than one movie as my "all time favorite" but hey, as I've stated, it's MY list!) :monkey3 The nice thing about putting only number 1's is that I can add to the list in any order without changing any of the numbers!! :lol

Seriously, my list of 'favorite all-time movies' is much too lengthy to post (and I haven't even TOUCHED on Astaire and Rogers movies and have given barely a nod to Hitch****'s films.) There are just waaaaaayyyy too many, but I would have to say those above are the ones that have the most repeat 'viewability' for me. These are the movies for which I will stop flipping tv stations to watch, commercials and bad screen cropping and all, only to have my husband walk in and say "You know we HAVE this on dvd!". :D

NOTE: So for some reason I can't type the cinema master's name of Hitch**** without it giving me asterisks? Go figure...

Cant really decide between The Royal Tenenbaums or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Then again it could be Jurassic Park because of being blown away by seeing those dinosaurs when i was 9.

Cant really decide between The Royal Tenenbaums or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Then again it could be Jurassic Park because of being blown away by seeing those dinosaurs when i was 9.

I prefer Rushmore to the Royal Tenenbaums.

I have to agree with Bannister here - that statement totally rocks and makes me smile because I love Rushmore. (note: I used ZERO emoticons! hahahahaha)

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
No emoticons make the monkey cry. Emoticons are my Rushmore.:lol

Damn straight!!!! :rock :rock :rock
I think I am finally ready to watch this movie again.....I shall watch it tonight with a big box of Kleenex cause I'm a totally sap when it comes to this big ol' ape. :monkey2

:banana:banana:banana:banana

without a question:

Aliensposter11.jpg

other notables include:

1. Seven Samurai
2. Brazil
3. The Abyss (Director's cut)
4. Terminator 2

but pretty much every single Akira Kurosawa movie is up there for me.

Last edited:
Back