Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
Don't know many people that have seen this movie so though I'd start a thread to see if any other freaks have seen it.

I think this is an outstanding movie lived up to the hype. The villain is menacing and has a great design, it knows exactly when to be funny and when to be serious, there are some pretty mature themes in this movie and it doesn't shy away from it. Overall just a great movie.

Not to mention the blending of multiple animation styles looks absolutely amazing.

ready-to-fight-death-wolf.gif

I'll just bring these over from the Hype:

LOL this thing is pure joy!

Surprisingly terrific movie, fantastic intro...
6k7kg4.gif

And new villain...
6k7pdx.gif

I thought he looked cool just in the trailer, this new villain is hauntingly wicked, Wagner Moura somewhat steals the movie, he's so freakin terrifyingly good.

d616f80dd1dfe45a5b7a114863cbfe8155df3225.gifv
Loved Puss (Banderas) and his terrific character arc , but Wagner Moura as the Death-Wolf kinda stole the show, and made for a haunting and lasting new villain.

the End definitely hinted at a follow up return to Far Far Away, and a possible Shrek 5?

So Puss now comes with his own romantic partner, and even his own annoying sidekick.
Far Far Away is about to get even more crowded,
or will the next be setting up a fun rivalry between the two trios? :wink1:
76vq9c.gif

76vrxj.gif

Also, I know he's fine with the one he has, someone needs to get Perrito a new sweater.
Hopefully the 3 new Amigos do show up together in Far Far Away next.

Last edited:
I saw this with my youngest and enjoyed it. Jack Horner was a hoot. Don't know that I would ever see it again, but certainly beats some of the kids' movies I've seen.

This movie was great. IMO Universal has been killing it in the animated market. Disney has been phoning it in recently. So much so that my daughter has zero interest in seeing any Disney animated movies, but she asked to see this, and Minions 2 last year.

Great movie and villain. Been awhile since we had a villain who isn’t a damaged person. Just bad to be bad. Also death was cool. Disney is busy milking frozen so they are falling off hard .

Disney is busy milking frozen so they are falling off hard .

It's that and more. Their last few originals have been meh or just bad, they poorly market everything, and the ones based on existing IP totally miss the point of why the IP was popular to begin with. Even Pixar has been not that great recently.

Meanwhile over at Universal with Illumination & Dreamworks they just make fun movies that don't take themselves to seriously, and the "message" in the film isn't hamfisted into the story or repeated 100 times during the story to make sure everyone gets it.

I'll take more Puss in Boots movies over any of the recent Marvel/DC stuff let alone the recent slate of animation from Disney/Pixar. Yeah I found it that good. Easily in the top 5 movies I watched last year.

It's that and more. Their last few originals have been meh or just bad, they poorly market everything, and the ones based on existing IP totally miss the point of why the IP was popular to begin with. Even Pixar has been not that great recently.

Meanwhile over at Universal with Illumination & Dreamworks they just make fun movies that don't take themselves to seriously, and the "message" in the film isn't hamfisted into the story or repeated 100 times during the story to make sure everyone gets it.

I'll take more Puss in Boots movies over any of the recent Marvel/DC stuff let alone the recent slate of animation from Disney/Pixar. Yeah I found it that good. Easily in the top 5 movies I watched last year.
Yep Disney/Pixar animals are bombing at the Box Office, sad to see. None of them have been particularly special either. Pixar seems to be going through a very rough patch right now.

So this topic got me curious on how well Puss in Boots the Last Wish did. As of Feb 27 it grossed over 400 million, is up for a bunch of awards, and it's still in theatres. The movie came out in December and its still hanging around, it has legs.

So this topic got me curious on how well Puss in Boots the Last Wish did. As of Feb 27 it grossed over 400 million, is up for a bunch of awards, and it's still in theatres. The movie came out in December and its still hanging around, it has legs.
It only came out a couple of weeks ago here and in other countries. Released earlier in the US for some reason.

It only came out a couple of weeks ago here and in other countries. Released earlier in the US for some reason.
Didn't know that, so has potential to make even more. Its still in theatres here in the US. Came out Dec 21st 2022

I wish America would take animation as seriously as they do in Japan . We’d have bangers like this film almost every month.

I wish America would take animation as seriously as they do in Japan . We’d have bangers like this film almost every month.
There's still too much of a stigma that animation is "just for kids" here in the west though.

I did actually take my kid to this movie. His first "at the theater" movie. The animation was VERY good, they seem to have some new animation techniques which look super cool. I enjoyed it much more than I had feared of a "kid's movie." I will say Death was WAY scary for the little guys, IMO. And my kid (5) generally loves at least kinda scary stuff- but the whistling creeped him out for sure... and Death looked seriously SERIOUSLY scary at times. And his popping up so often, hunting Puss...

There were only like 4 other people in the entire theatre.

Yep Disney/Pixar animals are bombing at the Box Office, sad to see. None of them have been particularly special either. Pixar seems to be going through a very rough patch right now.

Unlike most adult movies- I think kid's movies are primarily aimed at marketing toys/merch, so box office sales are somewhat irrelevant.

Unlike most adult movies- I think kid's movies are primarily aimed at marketing toys/merch, so box office sales are somewhat irrelevant.
Where are the toys for this one?

Puss, Kitty & Perrito.
Death-Wolf
Three Bears & Goldilocks
Mama Luna and her house of rescue cats :lol

Last edited:
Back