Your 3 favorite all-time directors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really shocked to see Tim Burton on so many top 3 lists.

To me, he's always been a much better art director/production designer than a director. Really hard for me to see him ranking over directors like Hitchcock, Spielberg, Lean, etc.

I'm surprised to see Lucas on so many top 3 lists.

He may have created the Star Wars universe, but as a director, I wouldn't have him in my top 10.

I'm surprised to see Lucas on so many top 3 lists.

He may have created the Star Wars universe, but as a director, I wouldn't have him in my top 10.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a great director by any stretch. He's created some GREAT movies, but not so much as a director.

Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a great director by any stretch. He's created some GREAT movies, but not so much as a director.

I put him in mine because he created 6 of my favorite films if you count Indy.:D
Maybe not the greatest director but he did direct 3 of the best movies ever.IMO.

I put him in mine because he created 6 of my favorite films if you count Indy.:D
Maybe not the greatest director but he did direct 3 of the best movies ever.IMO.

Lucas didn't direct any Indy movies and only one of the classic SW trilogy.

Tim Burton
James Cameron
Peter Jackson
Stanley Kubrick
Quentin Tarantino

My all time top 3 are: (in not particular order)
Mann
Spielberg
McElheny (unknown indie director working on his first film but I've seen him work)

Why is Del Toro on so many lists? Looking at his body of work, it's not all that impressive IMO.

Why is Del Toro on so many lists? Looking at his body of work, it's not all that impressive IMO.

Eh, I put him on my list simply for Pan's and for Hellboy.

I'm sure by the time he's done with your Potter stuff, you'll have a framed picture of him.

...In your bathroom at least :D

Eh, I put him on my list simply for Pan's and for Hellboy.

I'm sure by the time he's done with your Potter stuff, you'll have a framed picture of him.

...In your bathroom at least :D

He's not involved with Potter that I know of. I just thought many were putting him on a high horse due to landing The Hobbit or something. Hellboy was "ok" I guess.

He's not involved with Potter that I know of. I just thought many were putting him on a high horse due to landing The Hobbit or something. Hellboy was "ok" I guess.

i thought del Toro is supposed to be doing the next Potter movie(s) depending on how you look at it.

Ah well that sucks. I hope Yates will make them as dark as they should be.. (Del Toro would've been a better choice imo).

I'm just glad part 7 got the go ahead for 2 films so they don't have to leave any importat info out and they can really expand the battle of Hogwarts to as long as it should be instead of "rushing" it.

I'm just glad part 7 got the go ahead for 2 films so they don't have to leave any importat info out and they can really expand the battle of Hogwarts to as long as it should be instead of "rushing" it.

One can only hope they utilize the time they have properly.

Back