Name your favorite Actor, Director and Film with honorable mention

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actor Harrison Ford
Director Steven Spielberg
Film (It's a three way tie) The Empire Strikes Back / Raiders of the Lost Ark/ Jaws

HM
Actor
Michale Cain (A close second)
Arnie
John Cuzack
Robert DeNiro
Sly Stalone
Director
Chris Nolan, Cameron, Lucas, Peter Jackson, Scorsese, Rami, Ridley Scott, Tarantino, Rob Riener
Film
Just too many to mention

Actor: Johnny Depp

Honourable mentions: Denzel Washington, Sean Bean

Director: James Cameron

Honourable mentions: Ridley Scott, Akira Kurosawa, Sergio Leone, Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriguez

Film: Aliens

Honourable mentions: Jaws, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Seven Samurai, Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Kill Bill Vol 1&2, Jodhaa Akbar

I know I missed a ton.

Actor: Tom Hanks

HM: Matt Damon

Director: Martin Scorsese

Movies: The Departed and Star Wars ANH

I'm looking at all of the honourable mentions you guys have made and I can't believe I missed some of those Actors and Directors out. Oh the shame

I must mention Eastwood for both Actor and Director.
There are a lot more but I would be here all day

Favourite Actor: Zachary Quinto (SYLAR)

HM: Arnie, Weaver and Robert Patrick

Director: James Cammeron

HM: Ridley Scott, Rob Zombie and Michael Bay (Transformers only!)

Film: The Terminator

HM: Aliens, Predator and TS

Actor: Christian Bale
HM: Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, Matt Damon

Director: Alfred Hitchcock
HM: Chris Nolan, Danny Boyle, Guillermo Del Toro, Martin Scorsese

Film: Psycho
HM: Rear Window, American Psycho, Eternal Sunshine, The Dark Knight

, Actor: Gary Oldman
HM: Harrison Ford, Christian Bale, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Clint Eastwood, John Cusack, Edward Norton, Sly Stallone

Director: Christopher Nolan
HM: George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, David Fincher, James Cameron, Luc Besson, Martin Scorsese, Michael Mann

Film: Empire Strikes Back
HM: TDK, Batman Begins, SW: ANH, ROTJ, ROTS, Fight Club, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien, Conan the Barbarian, Seven, Raiders of the Lost Ark, There Will Be Blood, Unforgiven

I know there's some I'm forgetting, but that's what springs to mind.

Actor: Anthony Hopkins
HM: Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro

Director: Alfred Hitchcok
HM: David Lynch, Brian De Palma, Ridley Scott

Film: Vertigo
HM: ESB, Mulholland Dr., Carrie, Alien

Actor: Kurt Russell

Honorable Mention: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson.

Director: James Cameron

Honorable Mention: Stanley Kubrick, John Carpenter.

Film: The Road Warrior

Honorable Mention: Conan The Barbarian, The Terminator.

Actor: Harrison Ford

Honourable mentions: Liam Neeson, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Lemmon, Christopher Walken, Johnny Depp, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sigourney Weaver, Lance Henriksen, Mark Hamill, Julian Glover

Director: Roman Polanski

Honourable mentions: Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, George A.Romero, Dario Argento, Sam Raimi, Ridley Scott, Sergio Leone, James Cameron, John Carpenter

Film: Empire Strikes Back

Honourable mentions: Indiana Jones 1-3, Alien Saga, Star Wars ANH, ROTJ, ROTS, Back To The Future, Jaws, Dawn Of The Dead (1978), The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Blade Runner, Conan The Barbarian, Schindler's List, Treasure Of Sierra Madre, Psycho, Scarface...

Actor: Jack Nicholson
"honorable" mention: Humphrey Bogart, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Ed Norton, Bill Murray, Johnny Depp, Will Arnett

Director(s): the Coen Brothers
"honorable" mention: Alfred Hitchcock, Spielberg, James Cameron, David Cronenberg, George A. Romero, Ridley Scott

Film: Miller's Crossing
"honorable" mention: Aliens, Ghostbusters, Once Upon A Time in the West, Frailty, Network, A History of Violence, Chinatown, Double Indemnity, Manhattan, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Actor- Deniro

Hon. Mentions- Pitt, Hanks, M. Freeman, Pacino, Cazale (What a filmogrophy, every picture he was in over a 6 year span was nominated for best picture), Brando, Hoffman, Sean penn, Tim Robbins, DDL.

Director- Soderbergh and Coppola

Hon Mentions- Mann, Fincher, Stone, Scorsese, Coen Bros., Leone.

Film- Godfather Part II.

Actor: Warren Oates
Honorable mentions: Toshiro Mifune, Charles Bronson,70's De Niro, Daniel Day Lewis etc.

Director: Akira Kurosawa
Honorable mentions: Samuel Fuller, Sam Peckinpah, Wes Anderson, Jim Jarmusch, Werner Herzog etc.

Film: Seven Samurai
Honorable mentions: Too many to list :)

Hitchcock needs more love. He is a legend of film!

I have nothing but respect for the man, he was a true pioneer and master of suspence but unfortunately alot of us here grew up well after his time so alot of us were deprived of his talent imo.

I tried to be as honest as I could when making my lists. Still I should have added him anyway. I LOVED the t.v. show "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (1985)

Last edited:
I'd make a list, but it would be impossible... I love far too many directors, actors and films to really narrow it down to one.

And I will agree, Hitchcock RULES. :rock

Back