Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
If you look up Anal Retentive in the dictionary, Star Wars fans are the first entry found. They are the very definition of nitpicker. They make Trekkies look normal.

I'm in. Love the outfit in that last scene. Excellent choice for the exclusive. Can't wait, Sideshow!!

Don't suppose you'd care to tell us who did the sculpting honors on this one, Dusty?

Yeah, no offense, but I hope it isn't Mat Falls, he's hogged all 3 Lukes so far.
I hope Andy sculpted this before he left.

I hope it is Mat Falls. His Jedi Luke is the only sculpt I've seen that actually looks like Mark Hamill.

The likeness is there, but my problem with the Jedi Luke is the size of his dome and the blank/surprised expression on his face. Luke is the shortest in the line, yet he has the fattest noggin among the human figures, besides Han, who is another Falls sculpt. I would just like to see someone else's take on Luke.

Last edited:
I'm surprised but happy, great choice! Somewhat dissapointed that we don't even have one photo though...

I hope they do make "Tatooine Luke", I'll get him too along with Ep. IV Leia! A 12" "Old Ben" would be the icing on the cake!

It's great that we are finally getting these classic & iconic figures from Ep. IV... I can't wait for the day they finally announce "Vader (armored)"!

Both this and the "Leia" pre-orders are going to be pure hell... Let the hunt beggin!

:emperor :maul

mastervader said:
The likeness is there, but my problem with the Jedi Luke is the size of his dome and the blank/surprised expression on his face. Luke is the shortest in the line, yet he has the fattest noggin among the human figures, besides Han, who is another Falls sculpt. I would just like to see someone else's take on Luke.

I disagree totally. While Mat himself has stated that he may not have done the expression the same in retrospect, if you watch ROTJ carefully, Hammil's mouth is open like that quite often in the film, it's like he couldn't breath through his nose or something, so for me, Mat nailed the look, I thought it was perfect from the get go and I agree with the post above that hopefully Mat will have done this one as well, I think he's got the character down and has the best chance of replicating that again.

sebcanadaceo said:
I hope they do make "Tatooine Luke", I'll get him too along with Ep. IV Leia! A 12" "Old Ben" would be the icing on the cake!
This announcement absolutely assures that we'll see a farmboy Luke in the near future, since I assume they will just use the same headsculpt for him.

I'll buy him, but I'm not overly excited about him. I wonder if they SDCC exclusive is going to be Ceremonial Han? That would be a bit of a hard sell for me....

metaphorge said:
This announcement absolutely assures that we'll see a farmboy Luke in the near future, since I assume they will just use the same headsculpt for him.

I'll buy him, but I'm not overly excited about him. I wonder if they SDCC exclusive is going to be Ceremonial Han? That would be a bit of a hard sell for me....

You know I was thinking the same thing. Being that the Yavin Luke is exclusive, might they use the same headsculpt on Farmboy Luke?

Jedi Luke is the sculpt I'm the happiest with so far... it's just the way they paint the eyes that makes these figures look so daft. (luke.. aragorn.. etc)

Back