Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
hunky_artist said:
Jedi Luke is the sculpt I'm the happiest with so far... it's just the way they paint the eyes that makes these figures look so daft. (luke.. aragorn.. etc)

I agree, Jedi Luke looks amazingly like Mark Hamill. I grew up with Star Wars but Return of the Jedi was THE movie for me, I was 12 and stood in line, in pouring rain for 9 hours! on opening day back in '83. When I think of the original Star Wars, I think of Jedi Luke, and I'm very happy with the Sideshow one.

I am pretty excited to be getting another Luke, and I can't wait to see the headsculpt, as it will probably be indicative of what we'll be getting for Tatooine Luke. I just hope that Sideshow caps off the 30th anniversary celebrations with Farmboy Luke, and we keep getting more ANH figures for a little while first, like old Ben, Chewie, Han, the droids, Greedo, Tusken Raider, Vader, and a stormtrooper. (And of course, captain antilles!)

This isn't the most wanted outfit, so it fits as an exclusive, and like Maulfan and Jedibear have said, it is perfect that this celebratory Luke is the exclusive for the 30th anniversary celebration of the film. I'll be getting him for that sentimental reason alone, and it's cool that they put some thought into this one. He may be a duplicate figure, but he seems to have a lot of thought put into it.

I know we'll get some duplicates of the main characters, but at least we won't have to tolerate several different versions of background/sideline characters the way that Kenner crapped 'em out. One Mace/Qui-Gon/Kit Fisto/Maul etc. are enough for me, and I think sideshow will provide integral versions of popular characters, not endless variations.

I will be glad to get this Luke. He will go on the shelf where my Jedi Luke is currently and then I can move Jedi Luke to my Jabba set up.

kodiak8658 said:
It wasn't clear whether it would be Luke from the ceremony or the battle, was it? Keep your fingers crossed for the battle Luke.

It won't be X-Wing Luke. That would have been announced as "X-Wing" Luke and not Yavin Luke. It will be the ceremony outfit.

Darthrazz said:
You know I was thinking the same thing. Being that the Yavin Luke is exclusive, might they use the same headsculpt on Farmboy Luke?
I would be surprised if they didn't. Aside from the 4 outfits he wore (Tatooine, Stormtrooper, X-Wing, Ceremonial) Luke looked the same throughout ANH.

I'm not too excited about this offering, to be honest.
It's a very specific look from just a couple of minutes of the movie, not really my cup of tea...
Besides, I fear it'll be a Luke with a moronic grin.
Oh well, time will tell.

soo lets see here:

Headsculpt: New
Jacket: New
shirt: should be new
pants: reuse from Han
Boots: take your pick
gunbelt: reuse from Han

Either way, Im getting it. I just hope Luke either comes with the gunbelt on, or they reworked so its not a pain in the behind to get on.

darthviper107 said:
I wonder if he'll have a custom base?

Good point...wouldn't it be cool if the base were a few steps! That way you could pose him like in the movie facing the camera and wearing his medal?? What if Han came with a similar base that would lock into that one forming a medal ceremony diorama????

I could see them doing the base thing on Luke. They did it on Anakin so I don't see why not.

I'll get him. He'll look nice next to 12" Leia. No debate there.

At least we're not getting another Endor trooper. Be glad. :rolleyes:

Well after sleeping on it and reading some more comments I'm in on this figure! Just call me a Sideshow whore, because I now know thats what I am :lol

And the steps idea is fantastic!!! I really hope Sideshow is planning this, and if they aren't they shake a leg and make it happen :rock

Darthrazz said:
Good point...wouldn't it be cool if the base were a few steps! That way you could pose him like in the movie facing the camera and wearing his medal?? What if Han came with a similar base that would lock into that one forming a medal ceremony diorama????
Now that'd be cool... and then later on an exclusive variant will be a Leia in her celebration white gown...

And once again poor Chewie won't be made as he didn't get a medal.

:chew

Don't dance Chewie-- it's sad. Oh hell, go ahead you walkin---er dancing carpet.

:chew

I agree that it's a smart choice for the "Celebration" aspect. But I think everyone can admit that after "Bacta tank Luke", this would be the last version of Luke that they would want. As soon as we get an announcement of Tatooine Luke, X-Wing Luke or Bespin Luke, interest in Yavin Luke will plummet like Boba Fett into the Sarlacc pit...

Unless this one has a lower ES than usual, I see him languishing on ebay like the "Sith Anakin" has been doing, selling for bargain-basement prices.

FlyAndFight said:
I agree that it's a smart choice for the "Celebration" aspect. But I think everyone can admit that after "Bacta tank Luke", this would be the last version of Luke that they would want. As soon as we get an announcement of Tatooine Luke, X-Wing Luke or Bespin Luke, interest in Yavin Luke will plummet like Boba Fett into the Sarlacc pit...

Unless this one has a lower ES than usual, I see him languishing on ebay like the "Sith Anakin" has been doing, selling for bargain-basement prices.

Bacta Tank Luke---- oh, you mean diaper Luke.:rotfl

Cool. Couldn't stay up with the newsletter last night so I didn't find out till just now. Cool beans... Not sure I will get Yavin Luke... Would much prefer farmboy Luke to go with ANH Leia. But we'll see if my resolve will hold up.

and by the way, DarthNeil, your posts are hilarious. :lol

But I think everyone can admit that after "Bacta tank Luke", this would be the last version of Luke that they would want.

That's probably why it's an event exclusive. Those that miss it won't worry about it. Most of the people that actually take the time to GO to these events are most likely completists so they are excited about it.

I mean, what if suited Vader was the exclusive? How many PO'ed people would there be? more than a few I'd bet. Even if the edition size was fairly large for people who don't attend to have a shot at one there would still be an uproar.

Yavin Luke (variant Ex) = Tatooine Luke on the way

ANH Luke head sculpt = x-wing figure with same sculpt

X-wing Luke = Biggs & Wedge (dare we dream Porkins?) in the military line in their x-wing suits

Conclusion? ANH (meaning SW) fans should be very happy.

P.S.

Thanks pixletwin--- I am here but to serve... as I did a can of for:emperor ce lightnin' in the other thread defending the 12"... Kit's tentacles are squid juice. Calamari anyone? (sorry to the two Admiral Ackbar fans out there.)

Back