Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
I still think that, in addition to it not being popular enough of a version to cause problems amongst the collecting community, that there was also a correllation between Celebration Luke and Celebration 4, instead of just being some random character for the even, the appearance being part of the end celebration of the film and the figure being given out at the momentous anniversary celebration creates a strong tie between the piece and the event.

Another great choice for the celebration IMO. I am very happy for this news and know that this figure will be a great collectible. I can't wait to see the production blog and updates on this figure, coming out in May he should be nearly complete already. :monkey5 :monkey1

DarthNeil said:
Yavin Luke (variant Ex) = Tatooine Luke on the way

ANH Luke head sculpt = x-wing figure with same sculpt

X-wing Luke = Biggs & Wedge (dare we dream Porkins?) in the military line in their x-wing suits

Conclusion? ANH (meaning SW) fans should be very happy.

P.S.

Thanks pixletwin--- I am here but to serve... as I did a can of for:emperor ce lightnin' in the other thread defending the 12"... Kit's tentacles are squid juice. Calamari anyone? (sorry to the two Admiral Ackbar fans out there.)

:duff :duff

I really like it and I think the figures outfit fits the occasion. its a celebration people! it makes perfect sense! I'm just glad we will get another luke that may have a proportionate body this time. :D

I think this is a good choice for Celebration IV. This along with the announcement of ANH Leia I hope this means the end of the ROTJ line Sideshow has been doing, there are too many iconic characters from ANH that need to be made.

I look forward to seeing the sculpt, and for the nitpicker in me, I hope Sideshow gives Yavin Luke the correct blaster.

Perfect choice for an exclusive. certainly not vital but cool. I want to see if they can top the Hasbro ceremonial Leia costume, which actually was very nice.
This sculpt is going to get alot of mileage.
I will get farmboy Luke, but I can't see myself spending the $70 for each upcoming rehashes.

I hope that they use a proportionally correct figure this time. Why don't they use the arms they had for OZ ? In my opinion they are bang on! I know this because I swapped the bodies over!

I won't be attending but I hope to be able to get one !

Totally perfect choice! I don't think I'm gonna get it, I have Jedi Luke and he's my definitive Luke, but I may be sold after pics, who knows? I wonder if he'll come with a saber?

paulcarson said:
I hope that they use a proportionally correct figure this time. Why don't they use the arms they had for OZ ? In my opinion they are bang on! I know this because I swapped the bodies over!

I won't be attending but I hope to be able to get one !

The corrected the small body with Maul. I am sure the new Luke will also have the corrected body.

I won't be getting this figure, but I can't wait to see the sculpt. I'm guessing we should be able to get at least two more Luke's from this same sculpt. I wonder how and if they'd pass the savings on to us?

I hate Luke :D

easy easy pass for me

even if Dusty will be giving it for free and will ask me to pay shipping only, I would kindly reject her (sorry for yesterday :D)

bring on new characters, pls

Last edited:
gambit said:
I hate Luke :D

easy easy pass for me

even if Dusty will be giving it for free and will ask me to pay shipping only, I would kindly reject him.

bring on new characters, pls

Now, now. Luke's the most important character in the OT. I knew we'd be getting a second version of him soon. I just didn't think it'd be this lame representation :monkey1

pixletwin said:
The corrected the small body with Maul. I am sure the new Luke will also have the corrected body.

True but the real question is who will seek out additional Lukes to replace the old body with the new?

I will wait to see pics to determine if I will order this Luke. My upcoming mortage is going to eat up most of my extra money, so my 'fun money' purchases will have to be well thought out.

This is a pretty good choice, but I would have prefered Xwing Luke. I understand Sideshow doesn't want to do such a major choice like that for an exclusive, but Yavin Luke is cool. I am curious if they can nail another Mark Hamill likeness. I suspect that will be the determining factor for many.

I think that the sculpt will be dead on and that you'll need this fresh faced Luke (Mark Hamill) to go along with the older and more time-damaged ROTJ Luke (no offense Mark... *insert evil Joker laughter here*). And of course we need more than one Luke--- just as we need multiple Leia's and more Obi-Wan's that you can shake a stick at...

Four or five major characters every wave/year (who cares when there's doubling) and another four or five other B, C,... or Z characters. This'll make the line great and to go on for years and years to come.

I wish people would lay off this figure. Like I said before, would you rather this Luke be an exclusive or suited Vader be an exclusive?

If they announce a "lame" figure as an exclusive then there is a problem because it "sucks". if they announce something cool as an exclusive then there is a problem because everyone can't go to the event to order so there BETTER be enough to go to non-attendees.

Granted, I find some faults in SS and I have voiced them, but damn, they really are damned if they do and damned if they don't it seems.

KitFisto said:
I wish people would lay off this figure. Like I said before, would you rather this Luke be an exclusive or suited Vader be an exclusive?

If they announce a "lame" figure as an exclusive then there is a problem because it "sucks". if they announce something cool as an exclusive then there is a problem because everyone can't go to the event to order so there BETTER be enough to go to non-attendees.

Granted, I find some faults in SS and I have voiced them, but damn, they really are damned if they do and damned if they don't it seems.

I agree.... It looks like some people just prefer to complain.

Darth Loki said:
I won't be getting this figure, but I can't wait to see the sculpt. I'm guessing we should be able to get at least two more Luke's from this same sculpt. I wonder how and if they'd pass the savings on to us?

if that's true, then the yavin luke will look like he's day dreaming dirty thoughts about his sister on the award ceremony. weirdest choice for head HS expression IMO, cant really use it for any other scene except that jabba scene.

Back