XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
September 7 I believe maybe a couple days sooner. So they have to get cranking on these bad boys because they only have 2 weeks left to finish.

Does any one not think they will be able to get all these done in time for STGCC?

1) Magneto (already done)
2) Hawkeye (working on a new better base)
3) Wolverine (haven't done the third head yet and added the little touches)
4) Ant-Man (haven't seen any printout of this guy yet)
5) Thanos (I'm sure they are starting to work on him now...but what about the base?)
6) Ms. Marvel (haven't seen any proto pics of her...or her base....and she is supposed to come out before Thor???)
7) Thor (We've seen him further along...but no pics of final sculpt...working on new spinning hammer, and no paint ups yet)
8) Iron Man Mk 7 (He seems practically complete with the exception of some slight changes (silver around the neck and red stripe in middle of helm).

Realistically, I only see them having 6 of the 8 done in time for STGCC. I hope I am wrong though. I think we will definitely see Magneto, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Thanos, Iron Man and possibly Thor.

Whew! They got a lot of work to do. I'm glad HMO are doing their 1/6 line...cause they would be really hard pressed to get this stuff finished in time for the show.

I think tweaks more than an entirely new base...but seeing that XM has made nothing but positive updates I trust them to do something sweet.

Yeah. It's pretty awesome. Hate to be the broken record... But I really wish they were cheaper in price. Haha So I could afford them.

This might be my fav offering from XM... No interest in the character but it looks like it could be a fun piece to own with all the switch out parts.

September 7 I believe maybe a couple days sooner. So they have to get cranking on these bad boys because they only have 2 weeks left to finish.

Does any one not think they will be able to get all these done in time for STGCC?

5) Thanos (I'm sure they are starting to work on him now...but what about the base?)
6) Ms. Marvel (haven't seen any proto pics of her...or her base....and she is supposed to come out before Thor???)
7) Thor (We've seen him further along...but no pics of final sculpt...working on new spinning hammer, and no paint ups yet)
8) Iron Man Mk 7 (He seems practically complete with the exception of some slight changes (silver around the neck and red stripe in middle of helm).

Realistically, I only see them having 6 of the 8 done in time for STGCC. I hope I am wrong though. I think we will definitely see Magneto, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Thanos, Iron Man and possibly Thor.

Whew! They got a lot of work to do. I'm glad HMO are doing their 1/6 line...cause they would be really hard pressed to get this stuff finished in time for the show.
Oh nice, looking forward to that XM display big time.

I think if they have Iron Man pretty much done and he's slated dead last to release, odds are good the others will be done in time for the show.

Nice to hear they are touching up Hawkeye's base. :clap

I am pretty sure they could get Thanos and Thor ready for the convention, like you said I think AntMan and Ms. Marvel are a ways off seeing as we have seen NOTHING in terms of even a print of them. If they get Thor in they could probably have him painted in a few days. The level of work these fols are capable of is MINDBLOWING.

Last edited:
Oh nice, looking forward to that XM display big time.

I think if they have Iron Man pretty much done and he's slated dead last to release, odds are good the others will be done in time for the show.

Nice to hear they are touching up Hawkeye's base. :clap

Agreed. I'm all for making the base better especially because I was already happy with what they have now...this just adds an extra bit of awesomeness to this statue IMO. I'm REALLY pumped for HAWKEYE...other XM statues too but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was most partial to HAWKEYE right now. (yes I have magneto on PO and yes I'm super pumped about it too :) )

Agreed. I'm all for making the base better especially because I was already happy with what they have now...this just adds an extra bit of awesomeness to this statue IMO. I'm REALLY pumped for HAWKEYE...other XM statues too but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was most partial to HAWKEYE right now. (yes I have magneto on PO and yes I'm super pumped about it too :) )

Yeah. I think hawkeye is honestly their best looking statue. How crazy would it be if they said, "adjusted the base a bit" and posted a pic of him on a completely new base... Like a piece of a car or one foot up on his sky cycle! Haha

Yeah. I think hawkeye is honestly their best looking statue. How crazy would it be if they said, "adjusted the base a bit" and posted a pic of him on a completely new base... Like a piece of a car or one foot up on his sky cycle! Haha

I'd be even more happy :clap love me some Hawkeye

Thanos is the #2 must have on my list. Anyone know if a price or edition size has been confirmed yet?

A completely new base is what I took it as. Maybe I mistook the statement....but it sounded like a different base.

No prices or editions sizes on any of the newer releases yet. Well probably get some info though once SGCC rolls around

thanks. I am actually thinking of getting two if the price is right. I absolutely love all the switch out options and portraits. My hope is that they could ship them together in a larger box so I could save a bit of $$. I have had some HUGE customs (boxes practically the the size of a fridge) from that part of the world, so I know it is do-able...

Any chance we'll get a WIP painted pic of this beast soon?

:pray:

yge6yme3.jpg
Damn, I can't wait to see this. Gonna be epic. I just collect 1/6 figures but this might be the best Thanos we get until the MCU version is out. I might have to preorder if its around $300-400.

Agreed, the base was my only nit pick with the entire piece as I'm sure you read lol. Hawkeye himself is ****ing mind blowing. I look forward to seeing him in your collection my friend!

Damn, I can't wait to see this. Gonna be epic. I just collect 1/6 figures but this might be the best Thanos we get until the MCU version is out. I might have to preorder if its around $300-400.

Epic indeed, but zero chance of that price range I'm afraid. You're easily looking at double (unless you're just talking about the po deposit).

I think long gone are the days of statue for $300, unless it's MJ com size now.

thanks. I am actually thinking of getting two if the price is right. I absolutely love all the switch out options and portraits. My hope is that they could ship them together in a larger box so I could save a bit of $$. I have had some HUGE customs (boxes practically the the size of a fridge) from that part of the world, so I know it is do-able...

Well Hulk weighed 62lbs alone. Keep in mind they're packaging alone is probably 20 lbs or so. Thanos should be pretty close in size and weight.... It may very well need to come in a refrigerator box dude! Be awesome if they could pull it off though. I know I'd benefit from it as well

After screwing up securing a Magneto order I need to be able to get Thanos locked down even if it's meant blindly.
No luck with bbts and I guess our local freak contacts being swamped hasn't help matters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep, after seeing how lightning fast Magneto went flying out there's no time to play the waiting game if you know you want one of these amazing and limited statues.

Back