XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well with an easy C&D it could happen. Even if approved. Always something that can screw people over.

Yeah Mags face is what bothers me (not the paint) looks like Bert from Sesame Street met with Fassbender and McKellan all fused. I do like the masked version though.

Thanos looks epic. Just feel pose is too simple and bland. I guess the base will determine a lot.

Well with an easy C&D it could happen. Even if approved. Always something that can screw people over.

Yeah Mags face is what bothers me (not the paint) looks like Bert from Sesame Street met with Fassbender and McKellan all fused. I do like the masked version though.

Thanos looks epic. Just feel pose is too simple and bland. I guess the base will determine a lot.

Well lets hope it doesn't come to that.

Well with an easy C&D it could happen. Even if approved. Always something that can screw people over. I bet you and everyone else who's still hanging onto SS would just love that.

Yeah Mags face is what bothers me (not the paint) looks like Bert from Sesame Street met with Fassbender and McKellan all fused. I do like the masked version though. He's not wearing a mask.

Thanos looks epic. Just feel pose is too simple and bland. How can you say Thanos looks epic, but then go on to say what you said right after that?

In short, you sound bitter and I don't think you know what you're talking about.

What's wrong with buttaface Thanos? :lol

I never understood the fascination with that Dio. I've always thought it was ugly!

Bowens Thanos by the shiflett brothers was perfect. XMs is better

Oh thank God I am not the only one that felt this way! I never said anything for fear of being lynched by SS loyalists. That dio was a less than stellar effort IMO!

Don't love the dio either. The only two Thanos statues I've seen that I love are the Bowen one on the throne and the one I have, the museum statue. That museum statue is perfect for what it is. Doesn't overdo the face like so many other Thanos pieces do and paint is beautiful like all great bowen pieces.

In short, you sound bitter and I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I wouldnt say bitter, but I do get handsome, from my grandparents at least.

I just started collecting, so I care for no company just yet. I'm just saying legal actions can occur with thr big men on top always fighting. XM gained a lot of fans because of Mags, so no doubt plenty of people would be devastated. So while I hope it doesnt come to it, just keep that in mind. Once you got it in hand, you are home free.

Probably should change it, Thanos could look epic with a different pose. While I am slightly interested in a Thanos; the other upcoming list of people are more appealing as I dont care for Thanos.

:rotfl:rotfl
I'm sorry but this is hilarious

So basically what I'm saying if I'm saying anything at all is that I'm just saying.... You know what Im saying?

no-ragrets-1.jpg

Oh thank God I am not the only one that felt this way! I never said anything for fear of being lynched by SS loyalists. That dio was a less than stellar effort IMO!

Fugly fer sure bro. Great concept. Poor execution

The base concept hasn't even finished yet so he'll be awhile before he's complete. You have time to decide as I'm pretty sure most people are waiting also on the base design and paint up first. Why rush to pre-order when he hasn't even been painted up yet? How do you know the finished product is what you'll want before putting down a deposit of $200?

Who is Mark, I want to lock mine up as well, lol. Thanos is my favorite marvel villan. Will try my best to nab him but if it is anything like the Magneto pre-order I'm a little worried.

He doesn't officially go on PO until October, I think. You've got some time to see the painted product first.

XM Rep already said that Mags and Wolverine were already approved by Marvel/Disney so they can go forward with those statues...... Phoenix unfortunately wasn't approved before the fight broke out between FOX and Disney so it had to be put on hold..

:lol:lol:lol

Yeah I was wondering what that post was about also. :dunno I guess he misread or skipped over that part but it can't be missed on your post.

Well lets hope it doesn't come to that.

The moment a licensing pissing match starts you can NEVER be sure if something will be released. Whole movies have been shelved after being finished. Never to see the light of day. I hope to hell it doesn't happen to this Mags and Wolverine seeing as everyone are so in love with them, but it doesn't matter if Disney and Marvel approved it if Fox is going after the line. They can issue a C&D even after production has started, and the production would just have to stop. There is even the issue that they might HAVE to issue the order in order to protect their rights to the property. Do you really think Disney likes going after daycares with pictures of Winnie the Pooh on the walls? Nope, but they have no choice but to protect their property rights once they know about an infraction or risk losing them. So Fox may have no choice. It isn't cool and it isn't right, but it can happen.

XM can get hit by Sharknado 3 tomorrow, it may happen. You never know. Never say never.

Gotta love that when faced with a logical argument you don't want to acknowledge you simply try to make it look rediculous. Well it isn't. I am not saying it is going to happen. I am just saying it isn't as crazy as some of you are trying to make it sound.

The moment a licensing pissing match starts you can NEVER be sure if something will be released. Whole movies have been shelved after being finished. Never to see the light of day. I hope to hell it doesn't happen to this Mags and Wolverine seeing as everyone are so in love with them, but it doesn't matter if Disney and Marvel approved it if Fox is going after the line. They can issue a C&D even after production has started, and the production would just have to stop. There is even the issue that they might HAVE to issue the order in order to protect their rights to the property. Do you really think Disney likes going after daycares with pictures of Winnie the Pooh on the walls? Nope, but they have no choice but to protect their property rights once they know about an infraction or risk losing them. So Fox may have no choice. It isn't cool and it isn't right, but it can happen.

Given you have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes and I doubt your a IP Lawyer, so your just purely speculating and guessing.... XM has stated that they have already talked to Marvel and these statues are a go (with the exceptions of the ones they listed), unless you have some evidence like a wire tap in Marvel's head office I'm going to take XM's side on this one....

Gotta love that when faced with a logical argument you don't want to acknowledge you simply try to make it look rediculous. Well it isn't. I am not saying it is going to happen. I am just saying it isn't as crazy as some of you are trying to make it sound.

Yawn. Your 'logical' spoilers are way passed their prime my man. And it is a spoiler and not an argument b/c there is no arguing against it, as nobody knows whether it will happen or not. Very safe play from you, way to go out on a ledge there buddy. Anyway, you can keep parroting this garbage in every XM thread like you have today, I'll keep laughing as you reinvent new ways to try rain on the XM parade that is officially coming and I'm sure I won't be alone.

Given you have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes and I doubt your a IP Lawyer, so your just purely speculating and guessing.... XM has stated that they have already talked to Marvel and these statues are a go (with the exceptions of the ones they listed), unless you have some evidence like a wire tap in Marvel's head office I'm going to take XM's side on this one....

Great to see someone else sees through his charade as well. :clap

Back