XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this gets canceled what about sideshow why hasn't there xmen pieces got canceled?

So this gets canceled what about sideshow why hasn't there xmen pieces got canceled?
Hasn't the last X-piece put up for PO been Emma Frost? I don't recall a new X-statue put up for PO since her. Who's to say SSC isn't in the same boat? I know a brown costume Wolverine is in the works. If they put it up for PO, I guess Marvel is giving SSC preferential treatment. Don't forget, XM was able to get Mags, Wolvie, and Phoenix out even though Marvel wanted to shelve those pieces. Maybe SSC will be able to do the same thing.

This is crazy stuff getting canceled left and right all because of movies marvel ****ed up from selling the movie rights let's face they will never get them back.

That is the issue... The rights are split.

But is the comic and movie two different things also?

And why are people so angery, I mean did XM not pause this line, after i read that FB post i did see they would do everything they can to continue the production? Only a bit later.

But is the comic and movie two different things also?

And why are people so angery, I mean did XM not pause this line, after i read that FB post i did see they would do everything they can to continue the production? Only a bit later.

Fox only owns the movie rights to the X-Men. Misney owns everything else. XM has no choice but to wait for Misney to finish their war with Fox over the X-MEN movie rights. Once that's resolved, Misney will put the X-MEN back in play. Until then, everyone waits.

Fox only owns the movie rights to the X-Men. Misney owns everything else. XM has no choice but to wait for Misney to finish their war with Fox over the X-MEN movie rights. Once that's resolved, Misney will put the X-MEN back in play. Until then, everyone waits.

This could be like 10 years or so this is terrible I really liked this diorama.

This is crazy stuff getting canceled left and right all because of movies marvel ****ed up from selling the movie rights let's face they will never get them back.

Never say never. Spider-Man's movie rights belonged to Sony. Misney was able to negotiate a portion of the pie with Sony over Spidey's movie rights. They are looking to do the same with Fox for the X-MEN and FF. Until they do, fans of those characters will have to play the waiting game.

The one thing everybody needs to realize is that these movies are a huge piece of Disney's profits. The 2 Avengers movies grossed about 2.5 billion dollars alone. That doesn't include any of the Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Ant Man, or Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Do you know how many comics have to be sold just to gross the 2.5 billion dollars the 2 Avengers movies made? Comics don't mean anything to Disney anymore. Movies and movie rights is where all the money is at now. Oh, and Marvel sold the movie rights to FF, DD, Spidey, and the X-MEN long before Disney bought Marvel. Disney is now pushing to correct that mistake.

Last edited:
This could be like 10 years or so this is terrible I really liked this diorama.

Well, they negotiated the rights to Spidey pretty quickly. However, Fox is a whole different animal. Who knows how long it'll take or even if it will happen. Fox would have to lose money on the X-films before they are forced to negotiate or let the movie rights revert back to Marvel. Same with the FF. We have no choice but to wait and see what happens.

Well, they negotiated the rights to Spidey pretty quickly. However, Fox is a whole different animal. Who knows how long it'll take or even if it will happen. Fox would have to lose money on the X-films before they are forced to negotiate or let the movie rights revert back to Marvel. Same with the FF. We have no choice but to wait and see what happens.

That's true Spidey hit a wall they screwed him up so much they had no choice Xmen is a different story it will take a lot to bring them down.

Obviously there is bad blood between Marvel and Fox...

While Sony was willing to renegotiate the movie rights for Spider Man, Fox does not appear willing to play ball when it comes to renegotiating. IMHO the center of the dispute between Marvel and Fox stems from an old Marvel TV show called Mutant X. Fox wound up suing Marvel because the Mutant X concept was "too similar" to X-men and infringed on Fox's Live TV license . The two sides wound up settling, but the damage was done. Marvel produced Mutant X in a joint venture with a company named Tribune Entertainment. So while Marvel did settle with Fox, Fox continued their litigation against Tribune. Tribune wound up suing Marvel for fraud and breech of contract. If anyone ever watched Mutant X you know it was a straight up X-men rip off.

Back then Fox had all the power...now times have changed. The financial stakes are bigger...and Marvel is holding a grudge. With the financial backing of Disney, Marvel can afford to play hard ball for the foreseeable future and beyond.

Who holders the merchandising rights for xmen marvel or fox?

I remember reading that Fox only owns the Movie & Live Action TV rights for all X-men characters. However, Marvel owns the comics and merchandising rights as it relates to X-men. Therefore Marvel can restrict merchandising activities related to the X-men characters and Fox has no recourse.

Wasn't it the case that Marvel sold the X-Men movie rights in order to retain any hope of financial viability as a company? Therefore is it not the case that the reason by which Marvel (and as a result of their purchase Disney too) are able to rake in so much money today is as a direct result of the rescue by Fox?

Wasn't it the case that Marvel sold the X-Men movie rights in order to retain any hope of financial viability as a company? Therefore is it not the case that the reason by which Marvel (and as a result of their purchase Disney too) are able to rake in so much money today is as a direct result of the rescue by Fox?

To a degree, yes. However, that was many years ago and Disney had nothing to do with Marvel at that time. Disney bought Marvel a few years ago and like any large corporation, they want to maximize their investment in Marvel and their bottom line. Disney has a lot more leverage than most companies and have no problem flexing their muscles to get what they want. Just because Marvel was desperate over 15 years ago doesn't mean Disney will just sit back and do nothing to rectify the situation now. Disney paid BIG dollars to acquire Marvel. They'll do whatever they can to protect that investment.

Back