XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't it the case that Marvel sold the X-Men movie rights in order to retain any hope of financial viability as a company? Therefore is it not the case that the reason by which Marvel (and as a result of their purchase Disney too) are able to rake in so much money today is as a direct result of the rescue by Fox?

Marvel sold movie rights / licenses of their characters to Fox, Sony, New Line, and Universal. IMHO all of the aforementioned companies played a role in allowing Marvel to stave off financial difficulties...not just Fox.

Secondly the success that Marvel Studios has enjoyed since 2005 is not based on those old licensing agreements. In 2005 Marvel Studios assumed creative and financial control and started producing their own movies (with Paramount Studios distributing). All the success of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 movies (starting with the second Hulk movie) was the by product of Kevin Feige & company. The primary reason Marvel Studios "rakes in" so much money is because they have put out a number of good movies. Those old licensing agreements with Fox and Sony allowed Marvel to survive. However, let's not discount the job that Feige and Marvel Studios has done. The Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise has generated a combined $3.4 billion in domestic box office receipts.

To a degree, yes. However, that was many years ago and Disney had nothing to do with Marvel at that time. Disney bought Marvel a few years ago and like any large corporation, they want to maximize their investment in Marvel and their bottom line. Disney has a lot more leverage than most companies and have no problem flexing their muscles to get what they want. Just because Marvel was desperate over 15 years ago doesn't mean Disney will just sit back and do nothing to rectify the situation now. Disney paid BIG dollars to acquire Marvel. They'll do whatever they can to protect that investment.

Well said....

This gives us time to save up to purchase when it's good to go

i knew it....eventually we wont getting Cable and the rest of xmen team and can i assume we wont see any Fantastic four 1/6 and 1.4 related figure/statue?
....just wrong year for XM to produce XMEN related product.

Hoaamm then it will be another Thor, spidey, ironman, bla blaaa.....Avengers... well atleast we can get damn Inhumans and GOTG statue .

Disney Continues Cancelling X-Men & Fantastic Four Merchandise - Cosmic Book News

I'm still hoping they dive into a space line. Would kill for a Ronin, Warbird, Super Skrull, Nova, Gladiator

i knew it....eventually we wont getting Cable and the rest of xmen team and can i assume we wont see any Fantastic four 1/6 and 1.4 related figure/statue?
....just wrong year for XM to produce XMEN related product.

Hoaamm then it will be another Thor, spidey, ironman, bla blaaa.....Avengers... well atleast we can get damn Inhumans and GOTG statue .

I think XM have already established they will do the "bla bla" as you put it but they also are putting out characters that haven't gotten much attention recently. They will continue to do business as they been which is what people want and down the line hopefully they can resume here.

yea man pretty sure they make statue other than avengers....like comon ...soo many avengers figure with so many variant out there already..

This is just another in a long line of Misney punching themselves and fans in the balls to hurt Fox.

What does cancelling these, changing t-shirts, altering the comics and blocking cartoons realisticly do to hurt Fox?

X-Men Days of Future Past became a hit without the aid of toys on shelves, so that has proved that Misney screwing over their own comic franchises and declining themselves money in cancelling things won't affect the box office of X-Men movies.

Marvel owns everything except the movie rights to the X-MEN.

And Marvel solely owns and controls merchandise on everything except movies, including this. So this does not profit Fox, only marvel.

That is the issue... The rights are split.

No only the Movie Merch rights are split

This is crazy stuff getting canceled left and right all because of movies marvel ****ed up from selling the movie rights let's face they will never get them back.

:exactly:

It's Marvel destroying their own franchise to (not) spite Fox.

Yes, but if Marvel doesn't allow XMen Marketing they pressure Fox to sell back or at least split the merchandising rights.

There is no pressure. Fox gets nothing from these or from any other comic-based merchandise that marvel makes. As long as Fox continues to make profitable X-Men movies they have the rights, that's the deal Marvel agreed to.

Never say never. Spider-Man's movie rights belonged to Sony. Misney was able to negotiate a portion of the pie with Sony over Spidey's movie rights. They are looking to do the same with Fox for the X-MEN and FF. Until they do, fans of those characters will have to play the waiting game.

Spider-Man was in decline with each movie. X-Men isn't.

Obviously there is bad blood between Marvel and Fox...

More accurately it's bad blood from Marvel to Fox. Fox haven't done anything to hurt Marvel, whereas Marvel have, repeatedly.

IMHO the center of the dispute between Marvel and Fox stems from an old Marvel TV show called Mutant X. Fox wound up suing Marvel because the Mutant X concept was "too similar" to X-men and infringed on Fox's Live TV license . The two sides wound up settling, but the damage was done. Marvel produced Mutant X in a joint venture with a company named Tribune Entertainment. So while Marvel did settle with Fox, Fox continued their litigation against Tribune. Tribune wound up suing Marvel for fraud and breech of contract. If anyone ever watched Mutant X you know it was a straight up X-men rip off.

So basically Marvel sold the TV rights to X-Men then breached contract by trying to make a show and just change the names. They rightfully were surged and are pissed because of their own fraudulent behaviour.

Secondly the success that Marvel Studios has enjoyed since 2005 is not based on those old licensing agreements..

Indirectly they did, without Fox, Sony, New Line and Universal starting the marvel movies trend and reviving the superhero genre after Batman & Robins it's unlikely there'd be a market for Marvel to join so easily.

Last edited:
Very bummed about the official on hold status of this project.

I hope this will eventually get the green light to proceed into production but till then hopefully XM can come up with another non-XMEN/non-FF dio battle scene to come in it's place.

There are a lot of great teams out there that could make for some great displays outside of these big 2.

I wouldn't care for any other Dio outside of this

This 100%, I did always love the sideshow dio but I was not an collector back the and the after market of that 1st dio was just insane.
Now there was finally a new dio years later and it was an insane new x-men version so I wont lie unless its this one I for one am not buying it haha.

But 1/4 statues from XM are still interesting, do you guys think the Winter soldier is gonna make it ? Thats gonna be an cool XM style!

This 100%, I did always love the sideshow dio but I was not an collector back the and the after market of that 1st dio was just insane.
Now there was finally a new dio years later and it was an insane new x-men version so I wont lie unless its this one I for one am not buying it haha.

But 1/4 statues from XM are still interesting, do you guys think the Winter soldier is gonna make it ? Thats gonna be an cool XM style!

Yep, Winter Soldier will definitely make the cut. Only X-Men and FF characters are on indefinite hold by Misney.

Back