XD TOYS 1/6th Scale Captain of Octopus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used lacitedesnuages.be; not always the cheapest but their service is very very good.

Always wanted the HT one, but I wasn't really into collecting 1/6 figures at the time so I passed on him.

This looks to be a nice alternative, with it practically being a reproduced version of the HT figure.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't look any better than the XD bootleg one though. I'll keep my pre-order for the other one. 150 EUR is the maximum I'll pay for a bootleg figure like this. You'll never know when Hot Toys decides to revisit this character. + 17/20 figures are already pre-ordered at my local retailer.

If both of these Davy Jones bootlegs are pre-orders, then how do we know that the stock images of both aren't a genuine Hot Toys Davy? If this is the case, the final product might turn out much less... professional.

Not that I know of. If there aren't any delays I should be getting him in July.

My understanding is that the release date for this in China is June 2017 - this means that it will probably be another couple months before these actually show up in the US. :impatient:

Well if Hot Toys were to make one our only chance is to see it at SDCC. If not, they're not making one until Pirates 6 is in theatres as Davy Jones will be one of the main antagonists. But that's like 3-4 years away from now at the earliest.

KgHobby states that this will start shipping next week. They have a preview of the figure on their Instagram. The body looks good. Let's hope the headsculpt does as well.

Some screenshots from KgHobby's preview. Overall it looks pretty good and the back is particularly impressive. As long as the head sculpt looks good and the body underneath isn't visible as in the first pic, I'm in. :pray:

A9i5zpr.png

Woe3tbU.png

It looks quite good actually. :clap

The only things are could have been improved are the circles around his eyes (too dark) and the detail on the bandana he wears. Although that will not be as noticable since he'll wear his hat.

(Source KGHobby)

XD DJ 01.jpg

XD DJ 02.jpg

XD DJ 03.jpg

XD DJ 04.jpg

XD DJ 05.jpg

XD DJ 06.jpg

XD DJ 07.jpg

XD DJ 08.jpg

XD DJ 09.jpg

It looks better than I was expecting. :)

The in-package shots vs. out-of-package shots almost look like two completely different figures (maybe the light is just washing out some of the details on the out-of-package shots?). Looks like he's been using some spray tan on his hand too. :rotfl

Now I just need to find a reliable retailer.

Back