Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IGN:

You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console.

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Microsoft added "because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

Looks like Sony will get my money this fall and from here on out. Too bad. I really wanted the XBOX One for some of its content and games but I do not have my PS3 on all the time and that's the same with the internet connection to it. I could if I wanted to but why? I am not that hardcore of gamer I suppose. I play maybe three maybe four games all year and watch bluray films from the PS3 more than anything. And I do like the idea of buying used games or borrowing games from friends and playing them. With XBOX One's criteria, that's just become impossible or way too complicated to even begin with. Microsoft has once again gone off the deep end with their brand and killed their product before its even out the door.

For the first time since the console wars have raged I can honestly say I don't feel the need to get a PS4 or Xbone on launch day. Got a backlog of games to keep me busy on the 360 and I can afford to see how things shake out. I really don't want to reward MS for the direction they're taking. This is Sonys to lose if they don't play their cards right.

For the first time since the console wars have raged I can honestly say I don't feel the need to get a PS4 or Xbone on launch day.

Why in the world would you even want one of the launch versions?

It's a fact those versions always have problems, it's best to wait for the second batch at least.

Anyway l hate the idea of te new Xbox. Microsoft has officially turned into Nazis, like seriously.

Only being able to game for 24 hours then having to hook it up online again, that is stupid.

Their used game policy is stupid, only friends online for at least 30 days can use/borrow your game. So any game disc can only be used twice for downloading then it's useless? I buy a game, use it to download onto my hard drive, then give it to a friend, he does the same (only allowed once) so after that the disc and game is worthless then?

I am done with Microsoft and them acting like Nazis. Hope Sony goes in an opposite direction and destroys Microsoft, because this is their chance.

I wont get this or Sony until the prices drop big time, in like three or four years from now. All this way over complicated crap isn't even worth it unless the next gen games are going to be Epic.

IGN:

Microsoft added "because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

That's what an mmo is for! Damn i don't want to be playing tomb raider and the developers keep moving the secret artifact every time I start the game.

Hasn't Sony been talking the same stuff since the ps3. It's didn't work for there blue ray movies where you had to be online to get extra stuff and they drop that gimmick because it didn't work. So why does ms think its a wonderful idea and from rumors or fact Sony thinks the same. Some people still in the us don't have the Internet at home because there phone is that source. Anyway I hope things change before they release there systems

The vast majority have high speed internet, at least enough to check in once a day. The problem though is that it's not necessary, there's alternatives to that that people would be OK with. Like I suggested that offline you should be able to play as long as you put the disc in the drive, and then online you can play without the disc. That way it's an incentive to play with the console connected, and it can still verify that you own the game if you're offline even if it just plays the game off the hard drive it can still verify the disc to allow you to play.

This is clearly a U.S. oriented decision, which makes sense since that's their biggest fanbase. I'm having trouble imagining Sony will implement this as mandatory, since they are much more focused on worldwide sales. I think many people will be surprised how many countries, even developed ones, can't get a stable internet connection in households every day. I see people I talk to on the internet disappear for sometimes weeks because they either can't afford a bill or their service became unreliable.

Still, I can see publishers demanding the requirement with specific games on PS4, which Sony won't have much control over. But MS clearly is fully supporting and probably pushing for the idea, which is what ticks a lot of people off. Very curious to see what happens on PS4.

Last edited:
The publishers will make games for which ever console is selling the best. All publishers would turn tail and jump on Sonys console even if Sony didnt have all these extra regulations that benefit the publisher.

Bottom line is making money. If the Xbone dont sell, no ones making games for it.

You know, I was thinking. If Xbox is willing to completely spill the beans on their DRM before E3 then I bet Sony's DRM plan is worse. :lol

You know, I was thinking. If Xbox is willing to completely spill the beans on their DRM before E3 then I bet Sony's DRM plan is worse. :lol

I dont think it will be worse but more or less along the same line as Microsofts.

Sony is just letting MS take the heat for it right now.

Microsoft's entire gaming wing was built by consumers being able to share games, and connect with each other. Halo LAN parties led to the console being takwen seriously, and helped sales. Now They are actively working against this. It's sad. If the PS4 stays away from this BS, that's where my money is going.

Microsoft's entire gaming wing was built by consumers being able to share games, and connect with each other. Halo LAN parties led to the console being takwen seriously, and helped sales. Now They are actively working against this. It's sad. If the PS4 stays away from this BS, that's where my money is going.

Halo LAN games allowed you to play without having a disc? I didn't know that.

The publishers will make games for which ever console is selling the best. All publishers would turn tail and jump on Sonys console even if Sony didnt have all these extra regulations that benefit the publisher.

Bottom line is making money. If the Xbone dont sell, no ones making games for it.

Unless Sony pays for an exclusive I see every non-exclusive game that comes out for PS4 coming out on Xbox One--both consoles will be using the same architecture so it will be easier than before to put games on both consoles.

I was thinking the same thing. Microsoft is letting the **** hit the fan and getting it over with. This way when Sony does it it will still be fresh and in the minds and be about Sony and not Microsoft.

Unless Sony pays for an exclusive I see every non-exclusive game that comes out for PS4 coming out on Xbox One--both consoles will be using the same architecture so it will be easier than before to put games on both consoles.

My point being, if no one buys the Xbox one, no one will make games for Xbox one. In a general sense.

If Sony does the same stuff and I don't expect they'll be any different staying with MS will probably be my play.

Back