Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Xbox 720 or Next Generation Console

May Not Play Used Games
WTF. Seeing how half of the games I buy at my local "Game Stop" are used, this really sucks.

The XB720 can also play Blu-Ray? I wonder how much % Sony will get from that (since they do own the technology, don't they?).

Microsoft can kiss my ___ if they try to force me to only play new games.

Microsoft can kiss my ___ if they try to force me to only play new games.

They'll have to pucker up for two a$$e$, cause I'm right there with you. I'm guessing they'll be dealing with a million a$$e$. Their lips are going to be chapped by the time theyre done.

I'm guessing that most people won't give a crap and they'll buy it anyways.

I'm sure they'll care..used games are huge business. That business must be coming from somewhere. The question whether or not they'll take a stand.

I doubt it. Cutting out used games would really anger places like Gamestop and Best Buy, two of the most prolific games retail sellers in the U.S., and both deal in used games as well as new ones.

And that's totally fine. I would rather also have the game on the day it comes out and not wait a couple weeks for Gamestop to sell me a used greased up copy for $5 less. :yess::rotfl

Microsoft's Face when they don't unveil a new console this year

Trollface.jpg

All teasing aside, they might show us a new machine this year, but my gut tells me it's not quite time yet.

And that's totally fine. I would rather also have the game on the day it comes out and not wait a couple weeks for Gamestop to sell me a used greased up copy for $5 less. :yess::rotfl

You must have a terrible Gamestop. Greased up, finger f@$&ed games? no wonder you don't like used games.

Anyways, my biggest thing is trading. I like just taking games I don't want any more down to the shop and swapping them out for something new. It's a convenient and easy way to play new games for me. I know I'm not alone with that.

You must have a terrible Gamestop. Greased up, finger f@$&ed games? no wonder you don't like used games.

Anyways, my biggest thing is trading. I like just taking games I don't want any more down to the shop and swapping them out for something new. It's a convenient and easy way to play new games for me. I know I'm not alone with that.

Totally agree. Also I hate discs in general. It just becomes clutter and takes up allot of space. I doubt it will happen. Used games is a massive part of the gaming industry and imo, would give its rivals a massive advantage further down the line.

Let me be clear ---- I ____ing HATE Gamestop as a company and their shoddy business practices.

That said, I handn't thought about actual trading in. It would suck to not be able to trade stuff in or sell it on Ebay. I could deal with it. If they announced that games would go back down to $49.99 I could accept it. There has to be some give and take with this.

Let me be clear ---- I ____ing HATE Gamestop as a company and their shoddy business practices.

That said, I handn't thought about actual trading in. It would suck to not be able to trade stuff in or sell it on Ebay. I could deal with it. If they announced that games would go back down to $49.99 I could accept it. There has to be some give and take with this.

I get that. I don't have any beefs with Gamestop, but I know how it goes. I just think this type of thing is a dangerous line that's being crossed where media starts to be controlled too much by corporations. They can't get laws passed, so they try to find other ways to control how people use their product. It's like Kelloggs saying "you can buy our cereal, but you can't share it"

Microsoft's Face when they don't unveil a new console this year

Trollface.jpg

All teasing aside, they might show us a new machine this year, but my gut tells me it's not quite time yet.

I fully believe we'll be seeing a new system from Microsoft for the fact that they are DYING to release a Kinect 2. I don't think Microsoft has the guts to release a Kinect 2 for 360 so they are willing to make a whole new system to release it for.

I really don't care. Call me a new game snob. I don't want a game and case that someone else finger ____ed. :lecture

Now I know why the case for Heavy Rain I got from you smelt funny. :rotfl

Back