Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly very few people actually played Mirrors Edge. Hell only two of my friends have heard of it...

one of my favorite games, i cant even tell you how many times ive played through it. it was way too good and no one was willing to master it and just complained about it. i think people wanted an easy game. i most certainly didnt. i even mastered the dlc maps. due to the influx of crappy games were going to get a bad sequel i can feel it. people were actually mad that the gun mechanics were bad totally missing the point of the game. there shouldnt be guns in it. period. gamers these days are starting to open their eyes and think more out of the box though. im tired of playing the same game with a different name. its getting frustrating.

i agree with the mirrors edge comment. way too long overdue.:gah:

Sadly very few people actually played Mirrors Edge. Hell only two of my friends have heard of it...

one of my favorite games, i cant even tell you how many times ive played through it. it was way too good and no one was willing to master it and just complained about it. i think people wanted an easy game. i most certainly didnt. i even mastered the dlc maps. due to the influx of crappy games were going to get a bad sequel i can feel it. people were actually mad that the gun mechanics were bad totally missing the point of the game. there shouldnt be guns in it. period. gamers these days are starting to open their eyes and think more out of the box though. im tired of playing the same game with a different name. its getting frustrating.

Omg every time I saw a mirrors edge commercial I couldn't stop rewindjng it so I could hear the song

If we're talking about "Still Alive," that song never fails to bring me to tears. :monkey2

I would do awful things for more Mirror's Edge.

I wouldn't lose hope for a sequel. Rumors have been swirling about it showing up at E3 this year, and some web retailers have put up pre-order listings for Mirror's Edge 2 (and have since taken them down). Could be big, could be nothing. We learn in 5 days. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I wouldn't lose hope for a sequel. Rumors have been swirling about it showing up at E3 this year, and some web retailers have put up pre-order listings for Mirror's Edge 2 (and have since taken them down). Could be big, could be nothing. We learn in 5 days. Fingers crossed!

I had been hearing the rumors, and I'm very happy for them. I loved the game very much, and was sad to see it not do so hot in sales. Just love love love the entire soundtrack to the game.

i knew of the sequel. originally it was to be a trilogy. the art is what got me. it was too perfect. too bad the story was meh and the cutscenes were cell shaded. i thought the art and gameplay is where this game shined. might load it up and play it today...............on my PS3 entertainment system. im in here, but as a ps3 fan thinking of trying the new xbox.

Really excited for a Mirror's Edge sequel, I hope it doesn't end up as an MS exclusive, but if it is, it'll likely be the only game I'll regret not being able to play. :lol

Omg every time I saw a mirrors edge commercial I couldn't stop rewindjng it so I could hear the song
:clap Still watch it to this day!

Big news regarding Xbox One's DRM and game licensing. You need to read this!

https://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

With our modern architecture, Xbox One games will load more quickly, will be always accessible from the cloud, and there is no physical limit to the size or scope of the content provided.

Here are our platform policies and capabilities for game licensing – all of which will be made available when Xbox One launches later this year:

•Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

•Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

•Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

•Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

•Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.

Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

In the months ahead, we will continue to listen to your feedback as we meet with our partners in the ecosystem to bring additional detail about our policies.

We are excited about this new generation of games and entertainment and look forward to sharing more news with our fans.

Ugh, more mistakes:
https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-games-can-only-be-given-to-one-person-ever-511754913
Doesn't necessarily mean you can only give it away to one person ever, might mean it can only be shared with one person, but it doesn't state it very clearly.

https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-games-can-be-traded-in-if-the-publisher-enabl-511754638

https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-needs-to-connect-to-the-internet-every-24-hour-511751949

I think I get why they have this requirement--they want to control the ability to sell used games, which means they need to control deactivation. I was thinking maybe you could deactivate a game by using your console, like connect online, put the disc in and it removes it from your account and uninstalls it. That way you could give or sell it to a friend. But--if that were the case, you could deactivate a game at home and then sell it to Gamestop and Microsoft couldn't force them to give a portion of the resell profit. Instead---what I suspect is that you will only be able to resell games at authorized stores like Gamestop, they'll have some system with Microsoft that keeps track of the game and what they're selling it for. Basically limiting the ability of the store to be able to sell a used game without Microsoft allowing them to.
This means--you can't give a used game to a friend, you can't sell used games to friends, or at garage sales. Just to authorized places like Gamestop.

I think they should allow people to play offline as long as they want if they put the disc in the console (if only to very the disc but actually play the game off the hard drive) and then if you are online you can play without the disc.

Very stupid and confusing to do it this way

It also feels like this new info page is doing as much harm as the day of their announcement that screwed up everything about this stuff in the first place. Very unclear and troubling.

TLDR version:

No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)

Console Checks in Every 24 hours

Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at participating retailers

You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then it is stuck with them.

This still sounds stupid and not very clear conserning used games.

You can only give the game to someone once, and has to be a friend online? Sounds stupid to me.

I am tired of all this online crap. I just want a console and do what l want with it, online or not.

So If u wanna buy a game cheap off eBay you'll have to wait a month

No, unless that ebay seller has been your XBL friend for at least a month.

It's so dumb. ebay, Amazon Marketplace, and practically every non-retail means of buying/selling used games is now over and locked out.

No, unless that ebay seller has been your XBL friend for at least a month.

It's so dumb. ebay, Amazon Marketplace, and practically every non-retail means of buying used games is now over.

But what are the chances of you knowing someone on ebay

Back