X-men Vs Sentinal dio 2!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
Wuss. :rolleyes:

:lol

Seriosuly, congrats! that's one of the better comission pieces I've seen recently.

:lol you know I love Dale Keown work.

And it sure is. :chew :chew

SolidLiquidFox said:
Damn straight. :cool:

I cut off all smaller purchases to focus on the good stuff: PF and full size statues. I have learned that it's not the large purchases that kill your budget, it's the large amount of small items: electric tiki, 12", VCD, RAH, busts, characters keys, etc. I am trying to streamline even further. There are some comic hardcovers I am trying to pick up.

The shadow of CM Jack Sparrow looms over me as well... :monkey3
I have to say that you are right. It is the smaller purchases that add up and kill your budget. I too am trying really hard to avoid the little purchaces here and there so that I can get the bigger rewards later. Instead of buying Aasaj(sp) and other 12"ers I can "save" all that money and put it towards the likes of Darkness or Sentinel #2. I'm even thinking of canceling my Spidey 3 RAH figures. In the end they just don't give me the same feeling as a quality polystone piece.

El Roranous said:
I have to say that you are right. It is the smaller purchases that add up and kill your budget. I too am trying really hard to avoid the little purchaces here and there so that I can get the bigger rewards later. Instead of buying Aasaj(sp) and other 12"ers I can "save" all that money and put it towards the likes of Darkness or Sentinel #2. I'm even thinking of canceling my Spidey 3 RAH figures. In the end they just don't give me the same feeling as a quality polystone piece.

Yeah, the SW 12" are tempting but, just like I realized last summer when I saw Jabba, 12" figures can easily escalate into a huge collection. Not only that, once you open a 12" figure it's harder to sell if you later need to do so.

"COME TO BUTTHEAD....."

butthead.gif
9008_press07-001.jpg

"Come a little closer........"

SolidLiquidFox said:
Yeah, the SW 12" are tempting but, just like I realized last summer when I saw Jabba, 12" figures can easily escalate into a huge collection. Not only that, once you open a 12" figure it's harder to sell if you later need to do so.
This place does strange things to people. I came on here preaching the ways of articulation and now I am a statue junky. What happened? I used to be so satisfied with little action figures. Now I have to get my high from expensive stone. Man that smell is sooooo good. Oh dear...am I addicted?:lol :rotfl

I park my car in that garage! Selling off all my SW stuff and will concentrate on Marvel, and LOTR. I lived and died by well articulated 1/6, but have been resurrected by the magic of polystone.:D

customizerwannabe said:
I park my car in that garage! Selling off all my SW stuff and will concentrate on Marvel, and LOTR. I lived and died by well articulated 1/6, but have been resurrected by the magic of polystone.:D
So are you getting the Boba or Maul PF? You might regret getting rid of all your SW stuff Ed, I know I would.

Last edited:
Didn't order either. Was figuring to get them cheaper on ebay since the exclusive versions were nothing special. I figure the SW line is going to die eventually. No more movies. No more media support. No doubt it is huge right now, but that will wan over time. Marvel has continuous monthly support and I think it will become dominant in the SS family in a few years.:chew

SolidLiquidFox said:
Priority Preorders are crazy for SW items. Star Wars has become an entity of it's own to the point where most times the final product is not as great as the Marvel stuff. Latest example? Luke/Yoda PF.
Have to agree. :monkey1 An ESB Luke PF would be a definite "grail" of mine but I feel the Dagobah version left the door open a bit. Now I'll wait for X-Wing Luke before deciding which version of young Skywalker gets added to my collection.

SS's Marvel line definitely has the most home runs. You fellas who collect Marvel first and foremost are really lucky. At the rate they're going I don't know how I'd be able to pass on PF's of Hawkeye, Iron Man, brown Wolverine, or Thor.

Karma said:
ordered but disappointed that there's no fibre optic lights at the neck where the heads tore off like in the 1st dio

Damn, that's what i was just wondering about! I loved the lights underneath the head, it woulda been such a nice touch here. :(

Back