X-MEN Team setups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's on page 1. You liked the Bowen red/blue Beast.

My bad :) It was such a long time ago!!!

I got Jean today!
Holy crap, I love it. My wife loves it too. Really great sculpt. If this was a 1/4 scale I think it would sell like hotcakes. Its the Jean that should replace the SS version :)
I also added a shot of my collection. I have more pieces coming in still, so the bottom left case will be all villains. Superman and spidey will sit on top of the shelves. I have one empty Detolf for some Dragons Crown figures I have on the way.
PS: There is no direct light from the windows. I live in a apartment complex and am facing away from the sun.

Jean Grey:
Sculpt: 10
Paints: 10
Presence: 10
Overall: 10 (Love it! I would recommend this for any Xmen collection.)

Holy sheep! Look at all those awesome X-men pieces you got over the last two months. What are you going to do after completing the teams, cold turkey?

Holy sheep! Look at all those awesome X-men pieces you got over the last two months. What are you going to do after completing the teams, cold turkey?

:)
I'm a bit of a completest lol.
I don't know, I still have PO's coming, and I will probably keep buying Xmen pieces if Bowen resigns a contract with Marvel. No cold Turkey!!!

:)
I'm a bit of a completest lol.
I don't know, I still have PO's coming, and I will probably keep buying Xmen pieces if Bowen resigns a contract with Marvel. No cold Turkey!!!

I'm hoping Bowen continues creating Marvel pieces. My only hope of assembling a 90's X-Force team - aside from costly commissions that is! ;)

I painted the base for Archangel tonight. Wanted it to be darker and more ominous I feel like it fits the character better.
I won't be getting any new Xmen pieces for a couple weeks :(
I can't wait until the next arrives though! Also the reveals at SDCC!

I would kill to get these two done in premium format.

4a2f077713c5f_25172n.jpg

Terrific job assembling an epic cast of X Men. You should create a list for detailed reference if anyone is looking to build the same collection now that you have completed it.

I bumbled back in here because I am debating the SS Sentinel and what scale/X Men statues would create that look best.

Awesome X-men lineup man! I'm going to put together my xmen PF's soon and hopefully get some decent pics. It won't be as good as darthstitch's because I don't have Wolverine:slap I'm hoping to land the XM wolfie! Still, really love the Koto /Bowen lineup you have going. That Bishop is incredible. Your repaints are excellent as well man!

Thanks for bumping the thread, and the compliments! :)
I plan on trying to get that XM Wolvie also!
I got back from vacation and came home to m new Storm and Apoc!
The Gold team is now complete. It took multiple tries over the weekend to get this display to fit in the Besta. I probably spent 5 hours total rearranging it lol. Archangel, Iceman, Bishop, and Colossus are oversized, so it was very difficult... but worth it!
Kotos announcement of Rogue is fragging awesome! I can't wait. I have a feeling Jubilee will never be done, but I will just wait it out.

Storm:
Sculpt: 7 (Good but plain)
Paints: 9
Presence: 6
Overall: 7 (Good statue and the best Storm to date IMHO. I like action poses and the white costume better, but I got a pretty good deal.)

Apoc:
Sculpt: 9 ( Fantastic, but I wish it had a little more asymmetry to it.)
Paints: 10
Presence: 10
Overall: 10 (I own both Sideshow and this.... I like this one better. It's wayyy smaller, but the paint and design is more what I grew up with.)

Iceman ( I forgot to do a review!):
Sculpt: 9
Paints: 5 (I wish there was better Ice effects on the base and maybe even some paint on Iceman.)
Presence: 7
Overall: 7 (Best Iceman Available, and I got him for a great deal since he was repaired. Can't even tell unless I tell people.)

If someone really is interested in building this setup, here is my list, from favorite to least :)

Koto Gambit
Koto Colossus
Koto Archangel
Bowen Jean Grey
Koto Psylocke
Koto Wolverine
Bowen Bishop
Koto Cyclops
Bowen Action Beast Xmen
Bowen Storm Museum Pose
Iceman Action Clear Variant

Last edited:
What is up exactly with these licensing issues? Same old fox bs? Any news regarding it

Here's my lineup! Ignore the disgusting blinds behind them:lol

x-men-lineup.jpg

Nice! I know I hate my blinds too.

I really wish all the PF's had more interesting bases. I like Cyclops and Storm's. Storm is actually my favorite out of all the PF's Sideshow put out.

Back