X-MEN Team setups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved in and repainted my Cyclops. It became more apparent, the more statues I was getting, that he was the weakest. I repainted his hair, face, and blue suit. It now matches the paint apps of the rest of the series and has way more pop. I used a slight metallic silver mixed with blue. For the face, I added more warmth...Also I got rid of those hideous teeth. My wife hated the teeth lol.

OH SNAP!
Got Collossus yesterday... Probably my favorite so far. I bought him, then ended finding a great deal on Ebay, so I actually have two now and am trying to sell the other one, lol. He is super heavy, as heavy as my Coms. To show off his size, I have given him a photoshoot with some of the other big pieces in my collection :)

Sculpt: 10
Paints: 10
Presence: 10
Overall: 10 Bad AZZZZ!

I caved in and repainted my Cyclops. It became more apparent, the more statues I was getting, that he was the weakest. I repainted his hair, face, and blue suit. It now matches the paint apps of the rest of the series and has way more pop. I used a slight metallic silver mixed with blue. For the face, I added more warmth...Also I got rid of those hideous teeth. My wife hated the teeth lol.

Great Job on that repaint!!

OH SNAP!
Got Collossus yesterday... Probably my favorite so far. I bought him, then ended finding a great deal on Ebay, so I actually have two now and am trying to sell the other one, lol. He is super heavy, as heavy as my Coms. To show off his size, I have given him a photoshoot with some of the other big pieces in my collection :)

Sculpt: 10
Paints: 10
Presence: 10
Overall: 10 Bad AZZZZ!

Congratulations on Colossus!! I love mine. :)

I got Archangel yesterday and Iceman clear version today!
I repainted the Archangel to his Xmen colors. This is the way always knew him as.
I chose a dark purple/blue for his main color as oppose to the teal. He is portrayed in both ways, and I preferred the darker color for my display and I feel like it represents his character better.
I have Jean coming tomorrow, and some others coming soon too :)
I've gone all out!!!!

Archangel:
Sculpt: 8 ( I don't love the base. The light color of the rocks turn me off. I wish it were more destructive and less like bricks from a home construction site.)
Paints: 8 ( I didn't like the X force colors. They felt too muted. If I were to rate the repaint I give it a 10 :)
Presence: 8
Overall: 8

Iceman:
Sculpt: 7
Paints: 8
Presence: 7
Overall: 7 ( I think it's the best Iceman available, but there is definite lacking in detail to make it really great. It's a really cool statue nonetheless.)

Buddy you are killing that X-Men display with the best pieces!! Great taste all around!! :clap

Amazing repaints of Cyclops and Archangel! The Blue and Gold teams are coming together. The only statues I don't like from Bowen's 90's catalogue are Rogue and Storm. Hopefully, we can get the Koto Rogue back. I also love your size comparison with Colossus and Apoc. One of my desires in pre-ordering Apoc was to have him displayed alongside my 1/6 X-Men.

Every body turns it in to an XM v SS... I say I like XM's, I'm still a "SS employee/fanboy" I don't get this.

I don't get it either. I get what I like, if SS makes it or XM, it's nice to have a choice. I have orders with both.

I don't get it either. I get what I like, if SS makes it or XM, it's nice to have a choice. I have orders with both.

Exactly. I tried to hunt down the XM cap at a cheap price couldn't find it so I passed. If I can find hawkeye cheap I'll get him. But for a guy with a tight budget... $700-$800 for a statue to my doorstep won't work. It's just how it's got to be. And in the situation with hawkeye, I'm glad I have SS reasonably priced piece that will work exceptionally well.

But in the end, it's hard to realize my collection will never be as cool as this guys xmen collection. Haha

As long as I can enjoy what I have others opinion is just that in the end. It's all about what makes me happy.

Yeah, BT has put together an awesome line up. My line up is not as awesome but I do enjoy the pieces I have. I would love to have the Koto DRS pieces, but I missed out on them.

Won't miss the new Bronw Wolvie DRS though! :thud:

Amazing repaints of Cyclops and Archangel! The Blue and Gold teams are coming together. The only statues I don't like from Bowen's 90's catalogue are Rogue and Storm. Hopefully, we can get the Koto Rogue back. I also love your size comparison with Colossus and Apoc. One of my desires in pre-ordering Apoc was to have him displayed alongside my 1/6 X-Men.
Apoc is too darn big lol. Yeah, my dream in sdcc is for them to reveal rogue. I hate all the bowen 90's rogue too. The only storm which looks decent is the black museum pose. I have that one on the way, but I still would prefer a good action white costume.... And then there's the ever elusive jubilee. I don't think she will ever be made lol.

As long as I can enjoy what I have others opinion is just that in the end. It's all about what makes me happy.

Yeah, BT has put together an awesome line up. My line up is not as awesome but I do enjoy the pieces I have. I would love to have the Koto DRS pieces, but I missed out on them.

Won't miss the new Bronw Wolvie DRS though! :thud:

Post your lineup! I want everyone to keep sharing. I didn't plan on the thread to be just about my xmen hunt lol.

My X-men team with intruder :lol

DSC_1062.jpg

DSC_2436.jpg

Skaar looks good in their. It would be awesome if he joined the xmen! Haha

He was born with the ability to mutate his cells!

I didn't know wolverine com was 1/4 scale. Nice. I've been trying to get the wolverine PF for a while but he's hard to find for decent price. I'm gonna hold out hope that they do a new one.

Back