X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mk3subzerofriend_1.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif

The Avengers was entertaining all the way through? A majority of the movie is spent on a helicarrier with all of them bickering. Last I checked Hawkeye had absolutely nothing to do which is why most fans don't care if he dies in AOU.

GOTG is the best team up film from marvel. It was entertaining all the way through, worked much better as a movie than TA, the dialogue was great and each character did a great job of playing off each other, TA was only fun when their was action. I'm hoping AOU turns out to be a better movie because as of right now, I would rank most of the MCU films ahead of TA.

What was WTF-y about DOFP?

Matthew Vaughn just came out and said that about 90% of his story made it in DOFP minus the QS kitchen scene.

The past cast are the main characters, Wolverine, Mystique, Professor X, Fassneto and even Quicksilver all had their moments and then some.

I wouldn't call GOTG a ''team-up'' film personally, not when these characters hadn't previously been seen in movies by themselves. Same with X-men.

I wouldn't call GOTG a ''team-up'' film personally, not when these characters hadn't previously been seen in movies by themselves. Same with X-men.

Well with X-Men the team is already established when the movie starts. With Avengers and Guardians they are independant characters who team-up to become a team.

Guardians like X-Men also differs from Avengers in that they're a team first and foremost whereas Avengers operate solo most of the time and team-up every now and then

Have you guys picked up the Rouge Cut yet? Curious on thoughts about it. I really don't feel like getting double dipped into buying this, hopefully it will drop in price on Amazon in a few weeks.

I waited until this cut to finally buy the movie.

I was really hoping it would've involved Rogue in a battle while flying, but nope, just more walking for Rogue.

As far as the narrative is concerned, it didn't really add anything worthwhile other than some additional cool edits of Magneto performing tasks that were mirrored between the future and past.

I guess if you're the type of person that wants "more" superheroes in your cbm than this is a must buy because of Rogue.

But she was short changed, again, although it did bring some emotion with Bobby.

I watched it online, I wasn't a fan at all. It just didn't flow as well as the theatrical cut for me.

Just watched this for the first time since I saw it in theaters. Still enjoy it but dammit we really needed to see Wolverine fighting some sentinels with his metal claws ... Watching him try to take on the 1970s sentinels with his bone claws was sort of pitiful. I would've been happy with just one scene in the future with him slicing and dicing.

I was going to ask if anyone knows where I can purchase the 3D Rogue Cut (did it not actually get a 3D release??) but now I'm not sure I even want it. Does the new cut NOT feature Rogue being imprisoned in the future with several of the X-Men trying to rescue her? I thought that was the whole selling point of this version.

I wasn’t a fan of the Rogue Cut at all.

She’s in it, but thats really it, she doesn’t really do anything special at all. Singer was smart in cutting her out and the others scenes he took out, it would have disrupted the flow of the movie.

That's disappointing. Glad I couldn't find the 3D version so I didn't waste my money on it. Nice bait and switch in them carrying on about the big "Rogue prison break" last year and then not having that on the disc.

I still love my 3D theatrical version (even prefer it to GOTG) but too bad nevertheless.

I wasn’t a fan of the Rogue Cut at all.

She’s in it, but thats really it, she doesn’t really do anything special at all. Singer was smart in cutting her out and the others scenes he took out, it would have disrupted the flow of the movie.

So, I'm really not missing much....That sucks. Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated. I was literally watching the theater release again today and was thinking about this cut.

Yea, the whole scene goes by extremely fast, they literally just fly to where she’s being held, sneak into the mansion release her and come right back. Iceman dies though,its almost the exact same way he died in the theatrical cut. Then Rogue takes Kitty’s place and sits down for the rest of the movie.

Yea, the whole scene goes by extremely fast, they literally just fly to where she’s being held, sneak into the mansion release her and come right back. Iceman dies though,its almost the exact same way he died in the theatrical cut. Then Rogue takes Kitty’s place and sits down for the rest of the movie.

So this is all in the beginning...ah....

So there's no Kitty Pride in the movie?

Do they explain that the future Sentinels really have Rogue's powers and not Mystique's?

She's basically being tested on so that they can extract her powers and give them to the sentinels. The whole idea of saving her really comes out of nowhere, and they get her extremely fast.

So this is all in the beginning...ah....

So there's no Kitty Pride in the movie?

It happens after Kitty gets slashed by Wolverine. She's basically bleeding out, so Iceman brings up Rogue, and how they can save her so she can continue on for Kitty. At the end Kitty is basically sitting on the ground and Rogue takes her place while everything else pretty much plays out the same way.

She's basically being tested on so that they can extract her powers and give them to the sentinels. The whole idea of saving her really comes out of nowhere, and they get her extremely fast.

Okay, thanks. This cut is useless to me then. Last year the writers said that the longer cut explained that the reason the Sentinels could absorb powers was because Trask captured Rogue and gave them that ability *before* the final attack. If we're supposed to believe that even in the extended cut they're still taking everyone's powers all because of Mystique then that's just stupid. And I love Kitty's final tear streaked glance at the Sentinels as they march into the room at the end. That isn't there anymore? Fail.

I deliberately didn't buy the original Bluray release of DoFP so i'm not overly bothered about this, anything that increases the original X-Men in the film i'm all in favour of anyway.

Back