X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, A- for DoFP from Brad Brevet (Rope of Silicon) one of the best critics out there (in my opinion) and someone quite notoriously bored with most superhero films. Very good sign for me.

"Days of Future Past essentially erases the existence of Brett Ratner's X-Men: The Last Stand from our consciousness and gives us a new starting point for future installments whether it be in the future tense or with the new, younger cast. In essence it does what J.J. Abrams did with his Star Trek reboot, allowing for a rewriting of the X-Men cinematic history and if the post-credits teaser is any indication, it won't be making the same mistake Abrams and team made with Star Trek Into Darkness as the X-Men: Apocalypse villain is revealed, prepping you for the next installment in 2016 and doing so with an installment that wholly satisfies and works on its own."
https://www.ropeofsilicon.com/x-men...w-2014/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

NICE!

Listened to the soundtrack.

It has interesting bits, some homages to Kamen's and Jackman's scores...
Xavier's theme is Zimmer's "Time" wannabe...
So, just like TASM2 score, it tries too much and has no uniform style.

Tho I don't expect this movie to be as messy and embarrassing as TASM2, no way! :lol
I may not like Singer's version of X-men, but he's professional.

Lol, Singer gets a little dirty.:lol

"The Avengers is a mash-up of massive single character franchises of incredibly familiar characters and Iron Man. And did I mention Iron Man? Oh, and by the way - Iron Man... If you want to give me Robert Downey Jr in a metal suit and have him join the X-Men, then yes, let's go head-to-head [with Marvel Studios]."

https://www.ropeofsilicon.com/bryan...on-man/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, X-Men would never do something as base and commercial as capitalizing on the most popular character/actor, and shoehorning him into every movie produced.

well.. I have just seen this!
I'm not the biggest of x-men fan but this is .. really good! :)
Damn! Prepare to be surprise!
The thread wasn't really positive but a lot of people will change their minds!
What singer did is amazing! It's the best tribute to this universe!

Lol, Singer gets a little dirty.:lol

"The Avengers is a mash-up of massive single character franchises of incredibly familiar characters and Iron Man. And did I mention Iron Man? Oh, and by the way - Iron Man... If you want to give me Robert Downey Jr in a metal suit and have him join the X-Men, then yes, let's go head-to-head [with Marvel Studios]."

https://www.ropeofsilicon.com/bryan...on-man/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Give him a few naked teenage extras and he'll go head to head with anything. :lecture

well.. I have just seen this!
I'm not the biggest of x-men fan but this is .. really good! :)
Damn! Prepare to be surprise!
The thread wasn't really positive but a lot of people will change their minds!
What singer did is amazing! It's the best tribute to this universe!

That's great to hear! Would you say this is the best one in the series so far?

Starting to look like Singer might stay with the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes Cap 2 overrated? The fact that a majority of people thought it was a good, quality movie?

What makes Cap 2 overrated? The fact that a majority of people thought it was a good, quality movie?

That is the way of things.

Widely liked = overrated
Not completely crap = underrated

I haven't even seen DOFP yet and I already know by the reviews so far that, according to the above key, it is overrated :D

"The Thing" was underrated. Today it's a horror classic.
"2001: A Space Odyssey" was overrater. Still a sci-fi classic.

Ratings are waaaaaaaaaaay overrated...

Hey, for anyone who didn't enjoy Captain Planet and found it to be a tad bit tree huggerish, is this movie better, yo?

Cause your random opinion will mean I may or may not see this.

Back