X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He obviously put out enough to get taken along to the Superman franchise when Singer crossed over. :lol

But not enough to get the lead! :horror

I always saw him as Xavier's goodietwoshoes tool. :huh Something the movie obviously exploited. :lol

But I'm not sure Cyclops needs to be charismatic. In fact, in the comics, I don't think he was. He was a guy who was put into the position as leader by Xavier because he had good sense, a strong work ethic, and was motivated to do the right thing. His willingness to do the right thing for the mutant cause, and to help humanity is what helped him keep those teams together and functioning. More Jimmy Carter than Ronald Reagan in leadership style. I think that's something they could have built on, as I think it's appropriate that a group of rag-tag freaks would have an unconventional leader. But on the other hand, we didn't get a chance to see him really lead the X-Men at all, so who knows if Marsden would have come off in believable in that role or not.

Yeah, I get the whole goody-goody aspect of his personality and his reluctance to go to extremes. Doesn't mean he has to be a complete wallflower though. The man needs gravitas! Case in point: It would have helped if Jean Grey was younger (sorry Famke) and totally Cy's girl. No pretending to be attracted to Wolvie cuz ol' One-Eye got it locked down. Kinda like Cap having some crazy force of personality to be able to order Thor around, Cyclops had the impossibly hot (and devoted) Jean Grey. On the flipside, Wolvie's biggest character flaw was his toolish longing for Jean. The movie screwed that up and Cyclops was relegated to "Oops I broke the ceiling again!" status.

static.squarespace.jpg

I'd be shocked if the second trailer doesn't arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relax, I'm sure the second full trailer will eventually be out soon.

Singer himself said the first "trailer" was a character piece and the special effects weren't even done yet. Hence why that first trailer isn't "epic" or "showing off all the SFX".

I expect the second trailer to be action heavy, Fox might actually have it debut with TWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back