X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/james-mcavoy-xavier-hates-magneto-in-days-of-future-past

James Mcavoy interview.

The state of Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr’s relationship in Days.

Yeah, well, it’s pretty dire, their relationship, to put it softly. I’d go so far as to say that Charles f#@king hates him. And it’s about exploring the things that were built up in Bryan’s previous movies with Patrick [Stewart] and Ian [McKellen], about these two people who were obviously on a very similar path at one point, and then some mega s#!t went down. And now they find themselves as adversaries. Well, this movie and the end of the last movie is an exploration of that s#!t that went down. But again, they are in lots of ways very, very similar. They can’t help but relate to each other, be drawn to each other, because they should be friends. It’s just the fact that they come from different camps, and they have slightly different approaches to getting the same thing.

6_zps6db65333.jpg

From the teaser. Colossus looks great!

That's what I was thinking, as well. Kind of scrawny looking for Colossus, and too bad he doesn't have black/blue hair.

In the Singer cinematic universe, the male standard is feminized. At least the man is tall. :lol

The guy playing Colossus looks like Peter, its the same actor they've been using, its just a horrible looking transformation into Colossus.

https://www.denofgeek.us/movies/hug...men-days-of-future-past-and-playing-wolverine

Hugh Jackman interview

As part of our visit to the set of X-Men: Days Of Future Past last year, we sat down for a chat with Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman...

Sitting down opposite Hugh Jackman is an occasion enough in itself, yet when the Australian actor took the time to speak to Den Of Geek and a number of other film writers for a group interview last June, he happened to be dressed as the Wolverine. Having ducked out between takes to speak to us, he still had his hair sculpted into its distinctive shape, with the horn-like bits sticking up on either side of his head, and those luxuriant mutton chops growing down his jaws.

Thankfully, Wolverine's Adamantium claws are nowhere to be seen, and we found Mr Jackman in friendly, cheerful, self-effacing humour. Here he is talking about playing his signature character for the seventh time, and what we can expect from the forthcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

We were trying to speculate earlier about how you keep track of what's going on. We're struggling.

Of all the bouncing around I do, the Wolverine role's the easiest to bounce back into. People might assume that I'm getting tired of it, but I don't - it's getting more engaging. I'm having more fun with the character than ever before.

This particular film is one that brings up a lot of feelings of gratitude for me. First of all, to walk on set in the first few weeks was like a reunion. I owe a lot to Bryan. He cast me as this character, and that was the first thing I ever did. The first film I did in America had this incredible cast, I was playing this unbelievable role. Even if it was bad, I'd have said yes - I had no other options [Laughs]. But he was a great character.

Then, from there, to have everyone we've worked with in the last 10 years, and also Jennifer [Lawrence] and Michael [Fassbender] and James [McAvoy] and Nick [Hoult] - it's an incredible cast. It really is, every day, a treat. To play a character I love... this story is pretty epic, pretty extraordinary. At the time I heard about it, I was doing Wolverine. And I thought, let me just hear what it's about. The moment I heard the pitch for this, I thought, there's no way I'm missing out.

I've answered about 18 different questions in one there.

What are Logan's stakes, personally, in this film?

Ha, everything. For all the X-Men, including my character, everything's at stake. I'd say the danger levels are the highest they've ever been in this movie. It's certainly the greatest threat or villain they've faced. So for everyone involved, the stakes couldn't be higher. It's as dangerous as it gets for all of them.

This is a continuation of the franchise, so in a way we're combining two X-Men worlds. I don't know how much you've been told... I don't know how much there's been mentioned of the timeline... So when it starts, Wolverine's very much part of the group, and I know that's not always been the case.

How do you compare the physicality of this role to The Wolverine?

There were different elements in The Wolverine. There was the samurai element. So there was the martial arts that I wanted to incorporate into that. Not that he is a martial artist, but that he'd learned some of that. I was learning that style. Here, I think because of my physical preparation for Wolverine, I'm even better for [Days Of Future Past].

Because I really haven't stopped for almost two years. I spent a year preparing for [The Wolverine], we shot it in six months, and six months later, here we are. So physically, I'd say I'm in better shape than even Wolverine, which is surprising. But all the action in this is... we've done a little bit of it, but most of it's yet to come. So I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm sure my body's going to be beaten up pretty soon.

I've read you're the only character who appears in all the X-Men movies, is that right? I mean played by the same actor. Was there ever a discussion about X-Men: First Class featuring a young Logan?

I'm sure there was a discussion. They never mentioned it to me, obviously. But look, that's inevitable, man. Anyone who thinks they're indispensible is fooling themselves. I feel blessed to have this part. I never thought in a million years I'd get to play him seven times. I get to walk on set with the claws and the hair, and I thank my lucky stars. I don't take anything for granted.

To think that the seventh movie has this cast and this director, and I would say the best script of all of them, it's pretty amazing. That's why I'm still here. I'm sure, by the way, that it won't always be my decision to be here. At some point someone will close the door on me. That will happen. But for now I'm very happy.

Back