X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apparently these costumes are not in the movie :

c12668678e997f33ff34ebd54cf2214449a129c4_hq.jpg

Fox just took them for promo pics to counter the moaning about the leather motocross outfits. That's some serious BS if true.

Sounds like the only saving grace is the Wolverine cameo.

Yeah, the overall consensus on RT so far doesn't seem to be that it's bad. Just that it isn't great. Rests on its laurels a bit, maybe shoves too many references to prior films in, and is overstuffed. Makes it sound a bit like Age of Ultron to me. But I'll go in with an open mind and hope for the best. Just because the critics crap on something doesn't mean I won't really dig it. Blade 2 had a 57%, and I thought it was fantastic.

I like Blade 2 but Blade 1 is far superior.

Wow blade 2 had 57??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, passenger 57.

Blade 2 had one thing going for it and that was it had the scariest freaking vampire I've ever seen. Other than that it was a pretty forgettable movie.

Yeah Nomak was pretty scary and a great villain, I haven't seen Luke Goss in anything new other than Hitman, real shame.

But I prefer Blade 1.

Blade 2 is in my top 10 favorite superhero movies ever.

No Blade 1 is. :lol

the blade movies are pretty bad, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them.

Wuuuuut!
There are worse things out tonight then vampires :yess: blade is awesome...

:yess:

Jye I have to disagree with you again!

Blade 2 is better than Blade 1 in every way in my opinion. The villain, the fight choreography, the cast, the directing etc...

Blade 1 does have that godly club scene though.

Actually Nomak and Deacon Frost were about equal from what I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem for me was that Blade 2 tried to copy many of the cool elements from 1, and there were many, but it was never able to make those elements as cool.

His fights were much cooler in 1.

Not saying 2 sucked, it doesn't.

Nomak and Frost were indeed equal but Quinn was a great supporting character in 1.

Blade catching his sun glasses in 1 is iconic now.

Truly one of the most bad ass attitude scene ever put on film.

Jye I have to disagree with you again!

Blade 2 is better than Blade 1 in every way in my opinion. The villain, the fight choreography, the cast, the directing etc...
Jye4ever is right, and you are wrong, can't we just leave it at that? [emoji1]

I can see why people like Blade 2, but the acting, dialogue and cartoonish fight scenes just didn't do it for me.

The reviews are surprising, singer hasn't made a poorly reviewed X-men movie yet and to see this one getting one of the worst receptions so far is strange, considering apocalypse is one of my favorite characters I'm going to enjoy this on some level, but this response tempers my expectations.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Bummer about the reviews, but there's no way that'll keep me from being there opening afternoon...What? We don't get midnight releases here, and I've got finals! Geez... Either way, the cast is stellar, the atmosphere looks good, Apocalypse finally hits the big screen, I ain't gonna miss all that! Granted, I may not love it after the release, but I don't think it's gonna be a "flop", at least for me. I just hope someone new ends being the next villain, like, say, Sinister. Cranston said that he'd love to play him, so get on that Fox!

PS: Man, the saltiness is real around some parts. It takes a special case of saltiness for someone to diss Civil War in the X-Men thread...

The reviews are surprising, singer hasn't made a poorly reviewed X-men movie yet and to see this one getting one of the worst receptions so far is strange, considering apocalypse is one of my favorite characters I'm going to enjoy this on some level, but this response tempers my expectations.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Bummer about the reviews, but there's no way that'll keep me from being there opening afternoon...What? We don't get midnight releases here, and I've got finals! Geez... Either way, the cast is stellar, the atmosphere looks good, Apocalypse finally hits the big screen, I ain't gonna miss all that! Granted, I may not love it after the release, but I don't think it's gonna be a "flop", at least for me. I just hope someone new ends being the next villain, like, say, Sinister. Cranston said that he'd love to play him, so get on that Fox!

PS: Man, the saltiness is real around some parts. It takes a special case of saltiness for someone to diss Civil War in the X-Men thread...

is this the year everyone revolts against comic movies?

what the hell is going on? obviously deadpool and civil war are out of that but.... wtf

is this the year everyone revolts against comic movies?

what the hell is going on? obviously deadpool and civil war are out of that but.... wtf

Nah, I don't think so. It's just that some movies are good, whereas others are not. We'll see how SS and Strange do. I don't know about the former, but I have high hopes for the latter.

Problem for me was that Blade 2 tried to copy many of the cool elements from 1, and there were many, but it was never able to make those elements as cool.

His fights were much cooler in 1.

Not saying 2 sucked, it doesn't.

Nomak and Frost were indeed equal but Quinn was a great supporting character in 1.

Blade catching his sun glasses in 1 is iconic now.

Truly one of the most bad ass attitude scene ever put on film.

I liked Quinn, but I much prefer Reinhardt. The Bloodpack were great, the Reapers were scary and brutal, and I prefer Scud as Blade's sidekick to Karen. Blade was so much more badass teamed up with a special group of Vampires that couldn't lay a finger on him, he was always one step ahead.

Some of Blade 2 definitely did look like a video game but I still find the action to be some of the best in a superhero film. I love the look and tone of Blade 2, Del Toro injected a ton of style into the film.

Jye4ever is right, and you are wrong, can't we just leave it at that? [emoji1]

I can see why people like Blade 2, but the acting, dialogue and cartoonish fight scenes just didn't do it for me.
:lol

I thought it was a perfect mix of dark and gritty and dark humor, but yea I can definitely see why people would be turned off by it.

I've been hearing good things about the kids, specifically Jean, Cyclops, Quicksilver and Nightcrawler.

Maybe they can time travel them to current times with Deadpool :lol

Unless the reviews some how get better, then I'm almost certain this is gonna flop. It'll have to compete with the Alice in Wonderland sequel which is currently tracking more than Apocalypse, then a week later the Ninja Turtles sequel, then a week after that Warcraft, Now you See me sequel, and the Conjuring 2. Plus Civil War will only be in its 3rd week when Apocalypse drops.

The Marketing has been horrible, the trailers lackluster, the reviews are mostly bad, and it's going to have a ton of competition before its opening, the day of its release, and after its release. Just can't see how this movie can be successful.

Unless the reviews some how get better, then I'm almost certain this is gonna flop. It'll have to compete with the Alice in Wonderland sequel which is currently tracking more than Apocalypse, then a week later the Ninja Turtles sequel, then a week after that Warcraft, Now you See me sequel, and the Conjuring 2. Plus Civil War will only be in its 3rd week when Apocalypse drops.

The Marketing has been horrible, the trailers lackluster, the reviews are mostly bad, and it's going to have a ton of competition before its opening, the day of its release, and after its release. Just can't see how this movie can be successful.

I'm not expecting it to make a billion, but it's not like this cost 400M. I think it'll do moderately fine. Either way, I doubt it'll be a "flop" for me, meaning that I'll probably enjoy it well enough.

I think I need that nnnnnngh GIF right now.

You mean this one (?) :

IKhkuyY.gif

Lol.

Nope. The one with the guy having a heart attack. My hopes for Doctor Strange are about as low as you can get before reaching the new Ghostbusters movie.

How come? The cast is stellar, the source material is amazing (the comics), the concept is a breath of fresh air in the MCU and the director has done some good flicks. I'm not saying you need to be jumping up and down from joy, but it's nowhere near the level of GB16, which has everything going against it.

How come? The cast is stellar, the source material is amazing (the comics), the concept is a breath of fresh air in the MCU and the director has done some good flicks. I'm not saying you need to be jumping up and down from joy, but it's nowhere near the level of GB16, which has everything going against it.
Granted, it does look like the best quality cast since Iron Man but that trailer just so blah. I think what we are seeing for the cbm in 2016 is that the first trailer is a great indicator of what you'll get in the movie when it's released. There's no reason for me to believe Doctor Strange is going to buck that trend.

Granted, it does look like the best quality cast since Iron Man but that trailer just so blah. I think what we are seeing for the cbm in 2016 is that the first trailer is a great indicator of what you'll get in the movie when it's released. There's no reason for me to believe Doctor Strange is going to buck that trend.

Eh, it's just a trailer, I wouldn't base my whole view of the movie on that. We'll see more the closer we get to November.

Back