Would you pay extra for light up sabers on 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would ya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough, but if it cost more than a few bucks per figure I just don't think I'd get enough bang for the expense. Show me a few more examples and see if you can change my mind...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want SS to offer this. I don't trust them to price it sensibly. Look how stupidly expensive the 12" environments are. I expect the price hike would not be worth it. Plus it's much more fun to do the customising yourself!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want SS to offer this. I don't trust them to price it sensibly. Look how stupidly expensive the 12" environments are. I expect the price hike would not be worth it. Plus it's much more fun to do the customising yourself!

Well said. The only figure I'm thinking about doing this for is Vader. That would look killer the red light reflecting of his armor.

examples,Hoth luke has an EL wire saber..others are cathode tube
ba7a103c.jpg

2009_06150012.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

DSCF0087-5.jpg

DSCF0069-2.jpg

DSCF0063-1.jpg

Those look like they give off too much light. I don't remember lightsabers casting so much light on the person using it.

I voted no, but I have to say that hurricane's sabers look really cool. I think the EL wire looks best, but I like how much light the cathode tubes cast.

Why pay when you can do it your self!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51963

If you cant, then Yes I would pay. All light sabers should come lit up.
I voted no, but after reading this extremely insightful tutorial on what it would take to do it myself, I'd gladly pay a little extra to have Sideshow do it. But I do have a limit. I used to be a completist, but I have cut back after the rising prices...

Yes. I would pay a little extra for light-up sabers. If SS were smart about it, they would sell them as accessories...

I would not pay extra for it. If should be included at the current price if they ever would do that.

Back