Would you pay extra for light up sabers on 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would ya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd just do it myself and save the money. That remote Idea is a good one, but again something you can do yourself. It's bad enough that we still have to fix the SSC screw ups I can’t imagine the outcry from the public if that saber goes out. I just got one of those light up Emperor things from a guy for $15 because the light up thing didn’t work. And the only thing wrong with it was the on/off switch was broke. Easy fix for me, but someone else might have a problem.

I am a sucker for light up things like this, so I voted for it. Like others, it would depend on price... SS excells at making weapons and accessories more than anything, so they could handle it...

I would not, because the batteries would run out too quickly. I love displays that light up at night when my room is dark, but only if they plug in.

You don't need batteries. Check out KatKuru's tutorial in the customization forum.

does look so cool tho,id guess if theres enough demand id break silence and say hows it ALL done.I spent say $400 usd on R&D for the ones i make on different types of cathode tube, i found only one that was really tough and was easy to source, but now their increasingly hard to get...worryingly so
DSCF1878.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0087-5.jpg

DSCF0069-2.jpg

:drool :drool :drool

Can't quite tell in the pics, how many are machined metal hilts? Those Jedi Lukes are sick!

the two Luke jedis were turned on a lathe, the metal body is one half of the connection while a small metal ring is the other..

I may not use it often if I had it, and I don't want it enough to pay extra, but I gotta admit those do look awesome.

I think Grievous is the only saber wielding PF that doesn't light up. I never turn mine on and I took the batteries out for fear of them messing the base up if the corrode. So I don't think it'd be worth it in 12".
Ventress also did not have the light up feature. i can't remember if darth maul does or not (have him for over a year now and haven't had him out of the box since the initial inspection :() but i think he does.

Maul does. I've got him, never turn it on though. Hope you get to put yours on display soon.

I voted no. Although it looks great I don't I would get enough use out of it. It'd be cool for playing around with and taking pics but for the extra cash I just don't think it's something I need. Although Hurricane's sabers do make it tempting!

I'd be all for it!
It's just easier to get the whole thing ready in one package and not have to deal with doing it yourself (lazy bastard, I know) or having to ship an entire figure off to Hurricane.
But one day I might just do that... :D

Nope. Just another gimmick to add an extra $50 to an action figure. IMO, it should be left to the custom market for those who want it. Personally, I think it's cool, but it's something I'd never use.

Back